collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: happyfisher123 ebayer to avoid - updated from would you refund shipping  (Read 3344 times)

wingsinmoonlight

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Would you refund return shipping on this pony?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 10:54:02 AM »
I can absorb the negative without hurting my TRS badge. It's just no fun. I replied to the case to return her for a refund. Buyer messaged back snarking about paying the return shipping since the pony was "grossly misrepresented" by me. Grrrrr. I hate people sometimes. Buyer knows of the arena but won't admit to being a member.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 11:00:06 AM »
I wouldn't pay the return shipping, she got free shipping to begin with... if she eascalated to a paypal dispute, they would just tell her to return it and for her to absorb the return shipping costs and she'd have to provide tracking info and then paypal would refund her the cost she originally paid you... I don't know how much the shipping set you back, but I would honestly just give her the $5 for the pony and be done with it, including blocking her from future sales... That's just my oppinion, life is too short to deal with that kind of bs.... ebay members like that just make me turn into an angerball lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 12:04:41 PM »
I understand she feels like you misrepresented the item but that does not mean you are obligated to pay for the return shipping.
This below is straight from Ebay:
Buyers are required to pay return shipping, except for rare situations when a buyer and seller agree to another arrangement or we agree to pay the shipping.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-returns.html

She is going to have to return it at her expense and she is going to have to realize that. It's how the Ebay return process works.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 12:42:24 PM »
What a trouble cookie. . .

It's $5. . .

Have people nothing better to do in their lives?  It just sounds like they're itching for a fight and doing their best to cause some havoc as an outlet.  Anyone who tosses a fit over $5 needs a reality check, as well as needs to do some major growing up.  What are they, 15?  In that case, they're not even supposed to be on ebay!

But no, seriously, I really want to know what kind of person throws a fit over $5?  Okay, that's a dumb question, given that I work in the serving industry, but still, in the pony community? 

Definite insta-block.  I hope they don't buy ponies from me, that's all I can say. 

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »
What a trouble cookie. . .

It's $5. . .

Have people nothing better to do in their lives?  It just sounds like they're itching for a fight and doing their best to cause some havoc as an outlet.  Anyone who tosses a fit over $5 needs a reality check, as well as needs to do some major growing up.  What are they, 15?  In that case, they're not even supposed to be on ebay!

But no, seriously, I really want to know what kind of person throws a fit over $5?  Okay, that's a dumb question, given that I work in the serving industry, but still, in the pony community? 

Definite insta-block.  I hope they don't buy ponies from me, that's all I can say. 

Pretty much this. I'm a server too, so I totally get where you are coming from. I think that the "Wal Mart mentality" of "I want it now and and I want it perfect" has really affected our society in a very troubling way. :(

I mean, you described the pony as imperfect and offered advice on how to restore her in the listing. She really should have read the description and looked at the pictures before she spent five dollars on a flawed pony and decided to throw a toddler tantrum when she didn't get her way. I'd block her too. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 04:44:59 PM »
Stick to your guns, sweetie! I don't want any part of that kind of crazy. You. Don't. Get. Return. Shipping! Blocking.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »
All this over $5? I got a pony described as wonderful condition and while her hair was gorgeous her body was completely stained that I couldn't see from the photos :P I didn't mention it though and just ate the $7. I felt like it was too much of a fuss to send her back and the other two ponies I bought from her were gorgeous :)

Sometimes eating a few dollars is worth more than the hassle of long, drawn out ebay battles!

To the OP - I think you're totally in the right. She should have to pay return shipping and I'm baffled why she's making such a fuss over it.
My Wish List

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 03:39:24 AM »
oh my goodness what a fuss over a $5 pony! :faint:  You offered a solution - I see no reason for the buyer to open a case on you.

I understand she feels like you misrepresented the item but that does not mean you are obligated to pay for the return shipping.
This below is straight from Ebay:
Buyers are required to pay return shipping, except for rare situations when a buyer and seller agree to another arrangement or we agree to pay the shipping.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-returns.html

She is going to have to return it at her expense and she is going to have to realize that. It's how the Ebay return process works.

This ^^ :nod:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 04:11:04 AM »
I'm sorry you are going through this. :(  I will cross my fingers that it all works out at the end and that she does not end up leaving you undeserved negative feedback. 

One thing that I do in my listings to prevent these types of situations, is trying to use all of the 12 free picture spaces.  I makes sure to take close up photos of ALL of the flaws.  I also use a condition key (which is of course subjective) but it would at least reinforce my thoughts on the condition.  Lastly, I also itemize details of condition which I admit is a little time consuming (i.e. Hair, Eyes, Blush, Symbols, cancer, mold, tail rust, ink, etc).  Using this method has been very successful for me and I have never been asked for a refund, received a complaint, or had my stars dinged with regard to item being as described. YET..... *knocks on wood*  :P  It is probably only a matter of time when selling on evilbay.  :yikes:
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

wingsinmoonlight

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 12:42:30 PM »
I have received the neg, and buyer has gone far off the deep end- keep messaging me about
"having to pay for all my lies" and such. I;d block this one guys.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
I have received the neg, and buyer has gone far off the deep end- keep messaging me about

I would report to eBay and see if you can get the negative removed.

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile

I would report to eBay and see if you can get the negative removed.

This!  My boss uses eBay for some out of print items, and the few times he's been left negative feedback (for things that the buyer was generally at fault for) he's been able to dispute it and have the negative removed!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
So sorry to hear that she did that to you, completely unjustified, I would definitely contact ebay and ask for the neg to be removed. There was no need for her to resort to such childishness. You offered resolutions. Best of luck and pony hugs :)
Also you can report her to ebay for harrassment because of all the messages she's sending you and the way she is treating you. If an ebay rep goes through all of your contact back and forth they will see that you're in the right and they will side with you.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:36:49 PM by MikeysGrrrl »

wingsinmoonlight

I kind of doubt ebay would remove it- they didnt remove the one from the girl who hoped my hypothetical children fell in holes and died. :/ The good news is that she left o stars- thinking to hurt me. Of course that does nothing to me at all. Had she left all ones I'd be more upset!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
Did she mention the word "Feedback" anywhere in a PM before actually leaving feedback? If so, then that is considered extortion and you can get the neg. removed then.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal