collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone dressing up as a pony for Halloween?  (Read 732 times)

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone dressing up as a pony for Halloween?
« on: October 29, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »
I found out last week that I had to dress up today for work. Now, I can't pick just any costume... I'm a group fitness instructor. I have to be able to jump kick (k'yah!) in my costume.  :lol: So I picked up the ears, wings, and tail from Hot Topic and I'm going to be Muffin. My co-workers are going to be like  :| and  :blink: and   :lookround:

How about you? Anyone else going to be a pony?  :cool:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone dressing up as a pony for Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 01:06:19 AM »
We were not sure if we are going to still do it. But, my bf said he wanted to be Dr. Whooves and I was going to be Rainbow Dash! Depending on what we are doing we will have to do some last minute running around lol.

And, we might have had our dogs participate as well ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:09:19 AM by snwbear24 »
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:28:37 AM »
I dressed up like Twilight Pink last year :D ( I looked like a hooker XD  :blush: but the elderly women in my boyfriend's neighborhood loved the way I looked, especially my make up!  :biggrin: )
I wanted to dress as my Marilyn Manson pony and actually come to school in my costume too  :cry: but I have no source of income :(
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 07:46:05 AM »
There are no pics at the moment (because my cameras hate my handler XD), but I made an adorably crude Princess Celestia costume for my black dragon fursuit. Plain foam board wings tied on with black pantyhose, a styrofoam cone covered with a rolled cone of white poster paper, and cutie marks painted on squares of white felt very obviously safety-pinned to my hips.

I don't think anyone at the Halloween charity run got it...on top of the usual bird and dinosaur, I was called a pterodactyl and a rhinoceros. You know, because rhinos have wings, and horns protruding from their foreheads. :facepalm:
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 08:24:57 AM »
Not for Halloween but I will be a pony for the anime convention I am going to this weekend :) I'll be Rainbow Dash like usual :P

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:38:36 AM »
My 4yo is going as Twilight Sparkle...I just have one more ear and the horn to sew on, and then it is DONE.

After last year's fiasco (I DIY'd a Jessie from Toy Story costume, finished it the night before her Halloween party at school, and the power went out as I was putting the final touches on it), I sure hope she looks back on these costumes and realizes how much love her Momma put into them!

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 08:42:15 AM »
I commissioned a friend of my Mom to make me a Princess TS hoodie with ears, horn, wings, mane, and tail.  She did.  But it's not quite what I expected or hoped for . . . but I'm still wearing it!  Hopefully the non-pony people at my preschool won't notice the ah, flaws.  lol  I'll post a pic when I get a good one of me in it.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 08:43:21 AM »
I've already had one of my Halloween parties last weekend, I went as Princess Luna- my costume wasn't completely done- I wasn't planing on needing it till a convention that's still a week and a half away~ I only got this shot on my camera but hopefully all the other shots people took will start popping up soon. Please excuse the strange face- it was like 2am and I was sleepy because it was a early morning and a long day of moving before the party >_<

next weekend I have another party and I will be Celestia~

Offline Pandora

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:51:26 AM »
Ohmigosh!  I just have to say you look gorgeous!  I love the costume!   :lovey:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 09:08:07 AM »
I will be Pinkie Pie, my niece is princess twilight sparkle, and my sister is trixie.
XD
i wore my costume to one of my jobs for the halloween party last friday, i get to wear it to my other job (retail bookstore) this thursday, and a halloween party on sat.

probably wear it to next year's convention too. so even though it ended up costing more than i thought it would, i'm def getting my money's worth out of it.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 09:47:04 AM »
For actual Halloween I am going as the Eleventh Doctor, but my horse and I were both Rainbow Dash at a Halloween costume horse show last Saturday.  Unfortunately, I had to forgo her wings.  She almost flattened me when I tried to put them on  -_-.  She is young, though, so she can get away with it, and she was a very good girl for the rest of the show!  We won first prize for most creative, actually.  As soon as all the people who took cameras to the show get around to sending me some of the pictures, I'll post them!  :biggrin:

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 12:18:11 PM »
Fluttershy! I got the ear/wings/tail set from Hot Topic :) I will also be wearing it for the MLP Fair! first time dressing up for the fair :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 12:40:03 PM »
Nah, I'm being Death from The Sandman. :) I've thought about being Twilight Sparkle sometime though.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 12:40:38 PM »
Dressing up as Applejack for Halloween. Already wore it to a brony meet and it's coming back for Halloween.

Duster reference]

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 02:09:38 PM »
For the first time in years, I will not be dressing up for Halloween  :cry:. I would be all dressed up with no where to go. This year the holidays are already sneaking up on me and passing me by. Anyway, I was Fluttershy last year even though no one really got it without having to be told. Here I am at my aunt's Halloween party with my hubby:

I am going to go into Hot Topic the day after Halloween to see if there are any pony costume things worth getting hopefully on clearance especially since I had to throw that wig away because it became a huge mess and I had to cut it to untangle my ears. I should have bought the Fluttershy patches at Hot Topic when they were out for my yellow scrub pants I am wearing because the ones in the pictures are coming off. I bought them on etsy but they weren't as good as I thought quality-wise. The ears were also from etsy and they are awesome except for trying to hide the black string. I need different wings since the cheap kids butterfly wings from the thrift store weren't quite accurate but it worked. I got the Fluttershy shirt from Hot Topic so I had a cutie mark on both sides.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 02:11:34 PM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal