collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How often do you get packages delivered to your home?

Almost every day, and often more than one a day
10 (4.8%)
A few times a week, there's always something coming in
61 (29.5%)
Once a week or so, I don't order things for delivery that often
62 (30%)
Once a month or so, I still buy most everything in person
52 (25.1%)
Almost never, it's rare that I'll order anything online
22 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: Are you bestest best friends with your mailman?  (Read 6985 times)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Are you bestest best friends with your mailman?
« on: April 13, 2016, 12:42:46 PM »
:mail: :mail:

Back when the Canadian dollar was a bit stronger, and we had a bit more disposable income, I'd probably order something online monthly or every couple of months. Even though I'm in Canada, I'd shop at Amazon America quite a bit. Larger selection of goodies. :)

Now I pretty much stay away from Amazon except for e-books. ^^;

How's about you? Do you get packages regularly? Especially, dare I say it, pony packages? :newpony:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Are you bestest best friends with your mailman?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 12:48:33 PM »
I'd say right now, maybe once a month.  But when I'm back on my feet again financially, I'd like to be getting a couple packages a week. Gotta treat myself to them ponies, ya know.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »
My husband and I tend to order things online pretty often. Especially from Amazon- he has an Amazon credit card, so yeah...those perks! :lol:

I order a lot of clothes online because as a taller girl who is curvier than most, it's hard for me to shop in a store for, say, jeans that are long enough for my legs, or shirts that aren't too short on my torso. So I have a few online stores that I get my clothes from. That's honestly where the bulk of my packages come from.

Every once in a while I'll treat myself to a collectible or two. Not so much ponies anymore, I buy those in stores since I'm mostly a G4 collector.

Anywho, I think we get packages maybe once or twice a week. I feel so bad, because we put a hold on our mail for next week since we'll be away in Portland, and although I tried to order things to be delivered this week, it seems like some things won't be in until next week. Our poor mailman is going to have so many things to put on our porch and in our mailbox when we get back. :blush:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:53:48 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 01:06:15 PM »
My husband is always ordering parts for his motorcycle or truck so we have packages coming in nearly every day.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 01:07:24 PM »
I have a steady stream of packages coming in-  and a slightly smaller stream going out (if I can manage it)
Usually craft supplies from etsy, or random dolls from ebay or elsewhere, and occasionally a package from the DisneyStore or ToysrUs, oh and from various hobby shops in Japan...

But it is all through my office mail- I don't want my wife to see how much stuff I buy, hehe

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
For the most part, I prefer to get things from shops because it's less bother than waiting for something to turn up in the post, but the shops in my town are pants, so I usually end up having to get art materials, books and the like online anyway. Still, art stuff lasts me ages and I'm picky beyond belief with books, so parcels tend to be pretty rare unless I find something that is so fabulous that I simply have to have it! The most recent such find was a t-shirt for one of my favourite bands that has a glow-in-the-dark haunted house on it! :D

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 02:11:17 PM »
About once or twice  month. Sometimes more if its bday/holidays. Pony packages can be once or twice a month. Depends on how good she's been, how good I've been and how much they cost. Like under ten and I may get more. 10+ and its only one.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:14:05 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 02:28:44 PM »
My husband is buying/selling things on eBay a lot so packages come and go often! For me personally, I get a pony every so often but nothing frequent or regular

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 02:35:22 PM »
I don't have a paypal to buy things on my own (trust me, I'd be getting tons of packages if I did) but my mother shops on Amazon frequently so we don't exactly get one once a week but we do get at least a few boxes a month.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 07:25:29 PM »
Normally it's weekly, but we're saving like crazy right now, so it's more monthly atm... but I selected weekly, because that's the norm for us. Not always pony, often it's other gadgets, other collections, random things I like... but mostly pony. Right now most packages are travel related, spare cables for phones, etc, adapters, Travel sims, that sort of thing...

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 07:53:08 PM »
I shop online somewhat. No transportation means I'm stuck at home most of the time. I've been in the same house for 3 years and our mail lady was just awesome. I baked her cookies every Christmas. In the last month we've had two temporary and now our new permanent one. The temps made a couple mistakes and were a little later, but ok. Our new guy just plain sucks. Our previous lady was forced out due to health. This new guy is young, rude, and really doesn't want to do his job. I'm not that old, but my mother always taught me to treat others the way you want to be treated. If that's what he's doing, then he wants my neighbors to pull a gun on him. He refuses to deliver regular mail if he has to back up at all to get to my box, won't deliver packages to the door in the rain (it rains 300 days a year here), and worst of all, he spit on the ground towards my neighbors.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 08:33:58 PM »
Few times a week on good time frames.. I collect, buy, sell and trade 80s toys. I enjoy it as a hobby.. don't have an online store or anything like that. :)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 11:17:52 PM »
I prefer to support local shops so they don't have to close down so I'm not a regular online buyer. It's a pony or a book I can't get anywhere else really.. I think last package I recieved was two months ago?

Gusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 01:42:48 AM »
Pretty rare. I normally shop in markets.

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 01:50:34 AM »
I tend to order things in batches, so I'll get like 4 or 5 packages one week and it's so fun. Then nothing for a while. It's weird because I don't do it on purpose, I just happen to need/want a handful of stuff at the same time.
As for actually being chummy with the mailman (I thought that's what this was going to be about lol), I gotta say NO WAY. Mail service in big cities + apartments is a nightmare. They are always grouchy and do not care one bit about people or their mail. It was a huge change from when I used to live in a house in a smaller town and my family would actually leave little gifts for the mailman on holidays.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal