collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How often do you get packages delivered to your home?

Almost every day, and often more than one a day
10 (4.8%)
A few times a week, there's always something coming in
61 (29.5%)
Once a week or so, I don't order things for delivery that often
62 (30%)
Once a month or so, I still buy most everything in person
52 (25.1%)
Almost never, it's rare that I'll order anything online
22 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: Are you bestest best friends with your mailman?  (Read 7002 times)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Are you bestest best friends with your mailman?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 09:37:29 PM »
I get tiny little blind bag-sized packages from China sometimes, but the frequency varies greatly depending on when new figures show up for sale and how long it takes them to become really cheap. They're definitely a lot less frequent than they used to be, now that I have almost everything I want that's already been released.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 09:47:22 PM »
I vary anywhere between about once a month and a few times a week. I seem to do most of my online shopping in spurts :) Most of the supplements I feed my horses and dog are ordered and when I put in a bulk order of those is usually what "reminds" me that I can buy things online (for better or worse!). When finances are doing well enough for me to start binging on pony buys, I usually get a few packages a week, but I haven't had the opportunity to do that in a while.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 11:13:35 PM »
At the moment maybe once every 1-2 weeks.  I used to buy things more regularly, particularly if I was working on some project that I needed little bits and pieces for, but things are a little tighter these days so I'm cutting back.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 11:23:09 PM »
We have a PO box, so we go and collect our mail, which depending on the person on the counter can be great or ridiculous, There is one lady who wants to see ID all the time, which is stupid, because I just went and got the notice out of the box with my KEY, of course it's my mail! But the family that run the PO are great, and let the people in the household sign for each other's mail, so that all of us don't have to do a mail run, because they never put names on the notices, and you don't know whose it is until you get it! The parcel posties are so bad though, Our gate is about 10 metres from the house, and it's a two-storey, so they'll pull up and beep, but by the time you get downstairs, let alone get near the gate - they're gone, and you have to wait until the next day to pick it up! Which is why we got the PO box for parcels, it's much easier, and we get our parcels quicker.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2016, 07:32:16 AM »
Probably about once a month for me, give or take!  My brother and dad order more than I do, so we probably have packages coming once a week or so.  My mom only really orders online for holidays. 

I get more packages if I have a convention coming up because I'm a cosplayer, so during the lead up to a con I have all kinds of wigs and other costume goodies coming in the mail.  I get figures, art books, and other anime/ manga collectibles in the mail every couple of months because it isn't super unusual for me to have something on preorder from ami ami.  I don't do it all the time though because shipping from Japan is expensive!

We have a couple of mail people that rotate on our route, on guy and one lady are good, but I'm not a fan of one of the guys because he has a nasty habit of leaving the mailbox open in the rain (or even not in the rain).  Once I had a pony either get stolen or blown away in a wind storm because he left our box open and I came home to mail all over the front yard.  Unfortunately, Snuzzle never turned up so I had to buy another one  :cry:

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2016, 07:51:39 AM »
Varies for me as well - the last couple weeks I've gotten several packages a week, but the three or so months before that I got nothing.  I guess I splurge in spurts, haha. 

I live in the middle of nowhere, so the chances of me finding stuff I want offline are slim to none.  I only really buy groceries, household supplies, dog suppplies, clothes and shoes in person (and the clothes and shoes are typically once a year or once every few years depending on how my current wardrobe is faring.) 

The last time I was in my local Walmart they had completely decimated the MLP and MH/EAH sections and there was barely any merch there.  I haven't checked in awhile but that Walmart's toy selection has always sucked, so I'm not expecting them to have much of a presence any more. 

Plus movies, tv box sets, games and books are ALWAYS cheaper on Amazon.  (I have an Amazon credit card too, LOL).

Also, I imagine our mail person isn't a big fan of me, either.  Whenever we have a package they have to drive up our driveway, get out and put the box on our porch. :P

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2016, 12:21:18 PM »
I always get mail, so many packages of cheap stuff from China or Japan off eBay that the office has a BOX for me in their office closet (mind you they use this for residents' large mail items) that says my apt # in it.... I've also got plenty of those slips from the post office in my door with my apt #written on it in marker that show a cartoon of a man being burried in box saying that your mailbox is full, come and clean it out.
:Rolf:
Once I ordered the first two years of complete G4 McDonalds ponies off eBay and my office manager asked me if I ordered rocks! If my husband doesn't check the mail too often she will ask if I've stopped spending all his money o Japan xD xD xD she knows its mine if the post man has a too-big package from me and its either Disney Store (my le dolls) or something from my Japan. I'm the only one in the complex apparently who orders stuff from Japan.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2016, 11:02:07 PM »
yeah sadly im clicking the once a month now or buy from stores. (online usually from china)
a few years back the NZ dollar was great buying from the US and the US had cheap shipping. now everything is too expensive and the cost of living in New Zealand is so high there isn't much of a disposable income, so what ever i find at markets etc too or cheap blind bags from china with free shipping

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Miss_Leonie

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My flickr page
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2016, 03:14:05 AM »
Most of the time there are a couple of packages in the week for me, and I send out 1 or 2.
Because I live in the Netherlands, most of my packages come from the US (delivery costs really stink atm  :cry: )
And I also get packages from Japan, with great toys.

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 10:23:06 AM »
When I first moved to the US three years ago I had deliveries coming almost every day - I was totally enamoured by all the things you could buy online with free shipping (and no customs fees!).  I eventually got over the novelty of it though, so we're probably at a couple of times a week now.

That said, the only time I could actually say that I really knew my postman was about five years ago in Canada - I was actually getting fewer packages overall, but a lot of them were BJDs coming from Korea or Japan that I had to sign for (and pay taxes on), so I actually had to talk to him every time, so we got to know each other.  My current delivery people just drop things off, so even though they're around more often I don't really know them.

Blog

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2016, 04:11:49 PM »
If I had a regular income, I'd definitely order stuff online more.
Nowadays it's a once-in-a-while thing.

Sigh, someday.  :think:
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »
I'm a PhD student, and lately I get mostly books. Books from Japan. Books from America. Books from the UK. Books books books....

And this is to two addresses. My family took in 2 book parcels for me this afternoon. Meanwhile, I collected three book parcels from the not so amused security guard here in London this evening.

And there are still some to come. Books!

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2016, 04:43:51 AM »
Not in China. When I'm back home, yes. Lots and lots of packages arrive for me. :)

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2016, 03:40:52 PM »
Once or twice a month; sometimes more. It depends on what I'm ordering, really!
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2016, 11:03:05 AM »
I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere, and packages go into an old fridge lying on its back by the side of the road to protect them from the elements (if they won't fit in the mailbox nearby). So, I'm just going to count roadside delivery as something being delivered to my home.

I do a lot of shopping online, and my parents sometimes do as well. I can end up finding anything from several packages on the same day to only one or two in a month. Books, games, ponies, craft supplies, clothes, snack foods... it's always fun seeing if I can guess what a package is before I get in the door! I also wonder what the very very few neighbors think seeing me in my fluffy cat-eared hoodie going back and forth three times a week and sometimes carrying huge stacks of mystery packages, never saying a word to any of them...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:04:50 AM by Kittywhiskers »
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal