collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The appeal of armies?  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
The appeal of armies?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 05:18:23 AM »
I have a Peachy/Snuzzle army. There are a lot of variants of both, and other than that I like to take in stray Peachies as she's so common she can be a bit unloved. Also there were several runs of them, so even if it's just a standard Peachy they're often different sizes, heads in different positions, thinner, etc.

I like to collect the variants but I also like how they all look together. Like an army of the saddest ponies!

I also have a few Baby Starbow variants and one MOC so I wouldn't find starting a little army there either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The appeal of armies?
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 05:40:37 AM »
I never planned on having an army. I have my childhood Sugar Sweet (who is in horrible condition, the poor thing!) so I decided to buy an upgrade. I just fell in love with her all over again when I got her :inlove: Then I bought a big lot of ponies and there was a Sugar Sweet in the lot. I figured I would sell her since I already had two, but I just couldn't part with her! Then I realized I would love to have even more, hehe. Not sure why... I just enjoy her so much and would like to have lots of them :D I bought lots of ponies from someone on the Arena and they had a Sugar Sweet for sale so I couldn't pass her up ^.^ She had straight hair so it was fun recurling it! I would LOVE to get a MIB Sugar Sweet and some G3/G4 customs ^.^
My Wish List

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 06:14:08 AM »
For myself, my army is about 'rescuing' boy ponies that might otherwise be baited, and trying to make them pretty again! So it's kind of a combination rescue/aesthetic thing, since I enjoy their bulky figures quite a bit as well. :) I also have a mini-army of Dancing Butterflies though, since she was my first pony, and I'd feel bad getting rid of any of her 'sisters'!

... what was the question? Oh, right, armies! :lmao: You could always get a small army (maybe more of a brigade, like three ponies!), and keep them in your sights, non-stop, for a couple weeks. Keep them on your desk, or somewhere where you work everyday, and see if they're still as appealing? Maybe you just need time to get 'bored' of them, or you really do want 300 baby ponies! ;) Good luck with your decision!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 07:08:52 AM »
I just like a certain type of pony. I love the original 8 CP ponies. I mean, I LOVE them. I started out with just a Bluebelle army. She is my all time favorite pony. She was my intentional army. Then I started to realize that a lot of the time when I bought a Bluebelle, I got at least one of the other CP ponies. Now I have smaller armies of those too. I just love them, and to me they are all different. Some are from different countries sure, but others it's just something like.....their hair is slightly different, or their symbols are rubbed off in different places. They are all unique to me.

Then there are all the accidental armies that I have. Like having 6 Majesty's and 5 Firefly's. Those are completely on accident, and someday I will get rid of the doubles. But I am slow at that sort of thing. lol

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 07:10:47 AM »
Man imagine if someone somewhere had the world's biggest army of ponies - and they were all Mimic. And that's why there's none left for the rest of us.

Haha... that'd be both hilarious and frustrating at the same time. :D XD

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 07:17:47 AM »
Also a Dancing Butterflies army collector and I may go into building an army of bee cutie marked ponies (since I already have like three Bumblesweets and one Honeybuzz.) I didn't get it at first until I got my first Dancing Butterflies. I got bit by the bug pony bug!

I love bugs, I almost went into the field of entomology to study them, and my dream job would be one where I can work with bugs every day. I may not get that job, but at the very least I can own a bunch of ponies covered in bugs. It's a good compromise.

Duster reference]

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 07:50:46 AM »
I don't purposefully have armies. They just happen...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 10:02:09 AM »
Didn't mean to... but every time I get a new one that I think I'll trade away, I see something different about the pony and I'm intrigued.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 10:16:29 AM »
I have a mini Pinkie Pie army :) I like the idea of having a ton of one pony and the ability to say "GO FORTH MY MINIONS!"  XD I've seen so many awesome army pictures so I want one too.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 10:27:42 AM »
I just want every G4 pony, and to be more specific every G4 Rainbow Dash too, brushable, blind bag and plushie, and anything with character variation, I always go for Dash if I don't want them all.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 12:06:22 PM »
Sanpdragon, I like that idea! I have all my babies out on display but they're all on a shelf away from where I usually work. I think I'll go ahead and maybe take two or three to set up beside me :)

And thanks everyone for your replies! I suppose if they had released more G3 babies I wouldn't have the desire to get so many, but they embody everything I love about pony toys-the beautiful G3 design in the tiny G4 size! They're just PERFECT! How I only wish they had released at least ONE unicorn!

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 12:09:58 PM »
I'm doing a G3/G4 Blossomforth army, and I'm planning to start a Sky Skimmer army eventually.  I don't know why I'm doing it, and there are times when I question if it's worth it, but I continue anyway. :P

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 12:42:32 PM »
I could imagine starting a Crumpet army. *ducks some fakies* Crumpet's a sensitive pony and I want her to find a good home. The easiest way to assure this? Adopt her. Too bad I can't quite afford this strategy.

nollilols

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 12:45:51 PM »
I could imagine starting a Crumpet army. *ducks some fakies* Crumpet's a sensitive pony and I want her to find a good home. The easiest way to assure this? Adopt her. Too bad I can't quite afford this strategy.

Wait why would people throw fakies at you for collecting Crumpets? I had to look her up as I didn't know her but... she seems fine?

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 12:48:38 PM »
I'm not sure how many makes an army but I do not intentionally create them. For me, it's boys. Primarily because I try to upgrade, then do not want to sell them one I already had. Or, buy a lot and then can't part with the boys in it. For some reason, I had three Barnacles as a kid, I'm up to five now. I also have SIX Quarterbacks. Not sure how that happened...
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal