collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Peroxide Whitening  (Read 2842 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Peroxide Whitening
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 11:04:10 AM »
As you said lovesbabysquirmy once the bleach or peroxide is "in" the plastic it probably will spread...personally with all the recent threads and speaking to a couple of people much more knowledgeable than I about plastics and chemicals, etc I am officially sticking to removing surface issues only...the long term affects of some of these chemicals on plastics is simply too worrying...sorry not normally so negative!

GAHHHH yes if only I had just sunfaded many of my problems instead of creating new ones  with adding chemicals to the mix.  We were all so impatient back then...  wanted our sunfading to take a month instead of three, carefully checking and rotating every few days... 

I am now very cautious about what kinds of cleaning chemicals I use on the ponies as I don't want to have MORE issues!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
After reading through the posts here, I still have no idea if I want to do this or not. o.o  Some say it works, others say it's harmful... Gah! D:

I filled a dish with some diluted peroxide, submerged one of his hooves in it, and set him on my bookshelf where he can't be messed with.  Gonna keep him like that for a week or so and see what happens.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 05:38:16 PM »
Oh, I think you need to soak in peroxide in the sun for peroxide fading to work.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
After reading through the posts here, I still have no idea if I want to do this or not. o.o  Some say it works, others say it's harmful... Gah! D:

I filled a dish with some diluted peroxide, submerged one of his hooves in it, and set him on my bookshelf where he can't be messed with.  Gonna keep him like that for a week or so and see what happens.
You will need to put him in the sun for the peroxide to whiten him. ;)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 07:22:31 PM »
Oh, I think you need to soak in peroxide in the sun for peroxide fading to work.

Ah.  Yeah, that would make sense. ^^'  I'll prep him and stick him back in the window in the morning.

I can just hear him now when I go to wrap him back up in foil: "Please don't put me back in there...:<"

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal