collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you regret buying sometimes?  (Read 1646 times)

khyron

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Do you regret buying sometimes?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 08:31:58 AM »
Do you usually feel guilty about your pleasures, or is this something new?  If it's a change I'd suggest that you consider what's different.  What was the catalyst.  Once you identify the source then I think you'll have an easier time deciding what to do about it.

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 09:18:25 AM »
I do, but it usually takes awhile, sometimes months later when I look at my collections and question myself as to why I have/need/got what I did. I'm trying to "refine" the collections now, because a lot of what I had was just cheap toys. I need to conserve room, and I just want to have "the best" of each thing. Quality over quantity for me now!

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
I know I feel bad about it sometimes. I have been buying ponies like crazy sometimes. I enjoy cleaning them, and my husband says it is good that I found something I enjoy to do, but I have always felt guilty of buying myself anything, even clothing. I always feel there is something better I could be buying for my hubby or kids or the house.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 09:34:10 AM »
There was one time I did go overboard and I regretted it a little. However sometimes I don't buy for myself. That being said I really don't collect because of space or I would have a smaller collection. I think it boils down to if your happy if your not happy with your books then wait awhile and then see if you want to get rid of them. There is nothing wrong with having a little bit of something that makes you happy if it doesn't take over your life.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 11:01:01 AM »
To be honest, no regrets ever ! :D I don't buy much stuff anyway lol

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 03:18:30 PM »
Hmmm...I dont know if regret is the right word sometimes a little buyer's remorse...I have 3 Lullabye Nurserys due to accidental ebay purchases!

I think its natural to sometimes say "ooops maybe I shouldnt" - if it rolls off your back and you go back to normal in a few hours then its nothing to worry about - if it drags at you, then I agree sometimes you need to re-evaluate.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 03:50:59 PM »
I almost sorta regret overspending to get the FS Cadance and Shining Armour from America because I didn't know if they're be released in Australia. Turns out they go on sale tomorrow for $28. Well, I got mine early! :P

I also regret not buying a giant blank pony project because I didn't think I could justify spending that much at the time, I wish I could go back in time and throw money at my screen!  >_<
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 04:14:43 PM »
no.
I do not spend an excessive amount on fun things- I make enough money to pay my bills, save, AND buy ponies. I love every pony purchase I make. It makes me happy, and when they get here, they make me happy. I never considered myself a 'pony crazy' person...until this year. Seriously, between all the new merch, the fair, a pony meet, and converting friends into bronies....I am one of those 'pony obsessed' people. And you know what? I love it. It makes me so happy.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »
I never regret buying G1s  :cool:

But I have regretted a couple of times I have bought a G2 or a G3 from fleamarket if no G1s were available.
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 04:24:45 PM »
Yes I feel regrets with anything I collect. I never spend money that would keep us from having food or pay bills ect. In the end though ultimately I've spent money that could be used on something else. I know it's good to buy things for yourself, but sometimes I feel like collecting is overkill. Do I really need over 300 model horses? How much money would we have if I hadn't bought those guys?

I have a feeling someday there will come a point where I sell my collections of things but not today. >_<
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

spiderwax

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »
I do, but then I remind myself that I love my ponies, and that I keep them from cluttering or collecting dust, and that they make me happy. Some one once said "any time you enjoyed wasting wasn't wasted at all". I think that applies to money to. I however, wont be buying ponies for awhile, because I do need to save.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 04:38:40 PM »
I have had this feeling time to time. But then I go crazy and spend spend spend. I do not feel bad when I have the cash and money in pay pal for the pony or ponies. But when I have to use a CC to buy then I start to feel bad. I have charged alot of my CC this year for breyer horses and now ponies. I have sold off alot of them breyers also so I could put that money toward ponies. But now when I look at my CC bill it makes me a little upset at myself. How could I of spent this much and have not very much to show for it. Well I do, but I see the $$$$ signs and get mad!!!!! :(   I have taken a few things back to the store that I bought and did not feel good about it.

Yes we do only live once and need to enjoy our lives.

Pony shopping is going to slow down for the rest of the year. And going to try very hard to only buy with money that I have and not charge!

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »
InkyMilk, with regards to buying children's books, I don't think there's anything to feel guilty about.  I had a whole collection of children's books before I ever became a mom. :) If you enjoy something, it's not bad for you, and you aren't foregoing other responsibilities because of it, I say go for it! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »
Thanks you guys for your responses :) I don't have any children of my own and I certainly didn't overspend or go into any kind of debt by purchasing these things. I actually think one reason I gave myself the go ahead to get them is because I actually have more saved than I thought I did. I guess with actual ponies, I've been collecting them for so long I've gotten over the stigma of them being 'children's toys'. But with books, it's just a different matter, you know? I've been gifted MLP coloring books before and that didn't make me feel bad, maybe cause they were gifts I suppose.I've still been thinking about these ones I just bought though, and I think I may return one and keep the other that has the stickers.

But I'm really glad that even if I did keep them both or even buy more someday, that it's not considered a bad thing :) I'm okay with being 'weird', but there's a line were good weird turns into bad weird and I don't know how such a line is defined.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 07:10:36 PM »
The only times I regret buying is when I get something online and they show up in local stores just a few days later.

It gets even worse if they're supposed to be exclusives.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal