collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you regret buying sometimes?  (Read 1694 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: Do you regret buying sometimes?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 07:39:55 PM »
Thanks you guys for your responses :) I don't have any children of my own and I certainly didn't overspend or go into any kind of debt by purchasing these things. I actually think one reason I gave myself the go ahead to get them is because I actually have more saved than I thought I did. I guess with actual ponies, I've been collecting them for so long I've gotten over the stigma of them being 'children's toys'. But with books, it's just a different matter, you know? I've been gifted MLP coloring books before and that didn't make me feel bad, maybe cause they were gifts I suppose.I've still been thinking about these ones I just bought though, and I think I may return one and keep the other that has the stickers.

But I'm really glad that even if I did keep them both or even buy more someday, that it's not considered a bad thing :) I'm okay with being 'weird', but there's a line were good weird turns into bad weird and I don't know how such a line is defined.

I did feel kinda weird when I purchased my first ponies,but it was less than 10 dllrs so It went away ,Then I took to the next level ,ordered from hasbro.com and ordered all the ones that were available,the princess cadance was so big when i got my order,I felt very weird for wanting to keep it, and at one point I was thinking to give it away to my niece or return it, but  I still have it and I bought the new white Celestia as well. so I know people will say and think whatever they want and assume more than what it is,but I'm having fun and enjoying the collection to the max,I just started collecting them last July and I have no regrets now,but do every now and then have buyers remorse :), but not enough to take them back,I have always liked toys too much  and whoever wants to judge ,they can judge all they want :) !
I feel proud of my collection
I usually use my miles to travel somewhere but this year I have been dealing with health issues so the buying spree and and the store trips hunting for ponies has helped a lot,I have fun and I get out more,the miles paid for a lot of my ponies :)
425 dollars so far :)
I think I have spent around 1000 dllrs,I think is the best money spent:)
best therapy ever  if you ask me :)
but I'm all caught up on ponies and playsets :)
just one more carriage !!
and it will be a done deal for me .
Hope you enjoy the books
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

kmlv23

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 08:07:39 PM »
Sometimes. I've put myself in rough financial spots sometimes because I just wanted some ponies.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 08:37:06 PM »
I pretty much have only had regrets when I get blind bags and it's one of the mane 6.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 01:50:26 AM »
Thanks you guys for your responses :) I don't have any children of my own and I certainly didn't overspend or go into any kind of debt by purchasing these things. I actually think one reason I gave myself the go ahead to get them is because I actually have more saved than I thought I did. I guess with actual ponies, I've been collecting them for so long I've gotten over the stigma of them being 'children's toys'. But with books, it's just a different matter, you know? I've been gifted MLP coloring books before and that didn't make me feel bad, maybe cause they were gifts I suppose.I've still been thinking about these ones I just bought though, and I think I may return one and keep the other that has the stickers.

But I'm really glad that even if I did keep them both or even buy more someday, that it's not considered a bad thing :) I'm okay with being 'weird', but there's a line were good weird turns into bad weird and I don't know how such a line is defined.

It's funny... I feel more weird about buying toys than children's books.  To each his own guilt, lol.  Also, I have put our family in a tight financial spot because of ponies, so now I am in the awkward and embarrassing position of needing to sell off a bunch of extras a.s.a.p. so our family can eat and pay bills.  If anyone should be feeling bad, it's me.  At least you only have yourself to worry about.  :blush:

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 07:37:11 AM »
Sometimes I feel bad purchasing MLP merchandise when I tell myself I only really care about the pony figures themselves. But then later on I'm glad I did because it all looks so nice on the shelf, ya know?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

girlyponce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 07:52:35 AM »
I have all of the coloring books/acitivity books from FiM. I love them and use them when I need a break at work.

As far as ponies go... I have weird quirks with collections. I'm currently collecting all G3 White Earth ponies with non-3D cutie marks...which may just become all G3 White Earth ponies but that's besies the point... In collecting these, 've purchased some MIB sets (which include other colored ponies) Then I decided on having a brightly colored collection to display, bought a bunch of ponies and now I want them all to be nautical/tropical themed. So I bought/traded for a whole bunch of ponies that now I don't know what to do with  :huh:  Buh.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 07:55:17 AM »
pony books are so much fun :D they're one of my favourite MLP items to find <3 don't feel bad at all, I found $1 MLP books with stickers and bought 7 of them! I did recently make a purchase I regretted, though- I bought all 3 sets of the new mini figure 3 packs....over $41.00 for 9 tiny little figures? Talk about feeling guilt.... I just returned them earlier this week ;^^ maybe I can find them on sale sometime.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »
Not anymore...

I used to look around my room after a serious binge of buying ponies, and think, "this could have been spent so much better".  Now I don't have the same type of disposable income anymore, so I think long and hard and question myself about three thousand times before I even get out the Visa. 

I've got myself so well-trained to this line of thinking that I can talk myself out of just about anything....  pick up a G4 at TRU... think about being hungry... a G4 is a combo meal.... G4 goes back on the shelf.  Pick up a MH doll...  think about the $40 internet bill...  put the doll back on the shelf. 

My real challenge is avoiding the thrift store because I CANNOT say no to a 2.99 bag full of G1 ponies that I can't just walk into a retail store and purchase.  But those are never "regret" purchases because I feel too great about "rescuing" the ponies. 

So I guess I could say I have extreme problems with justifying current retail prices for anything.  Especially when I can think of 12 ways to invest the money better. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal