collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TaF Buttons!  (Read 847 times)

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
TaF Buttons!
« on: December 12, 2015, 02:33:21 PM »
I found Buttons at a flea market last week for $10 but didn't have the cash on me at the time. After posting a price check thread on her in here I decided that I definitely had to go back and grab her for my collection, but it would be a long while before I'd have the money to buy her at her usual price. Luckily she was still where I hid her and now she's home with me!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

These pictures are all pre-spa. I have not worked on her yet, and she does need work.

Pretty much any G1 issue you can think of she has. There is a lot of pin dot/dirt going on in different areas, tail rust, highlighter looking marks on one side, overall grime, and she's kind of lopsided and can't stand right. She also has some brown areas that could be dirt, could be something leeching out from the inside (possibly related to the rusty washer?) or could be pony cancer. We will see after I open her up and start fixing her.

Overall, though, she is GORGEOUS. Her eyes, blush, and symbols are flawless. Her mane and tail are both silky and uncut, though they need a good wash. I can't wait to see how she turns out.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 03:23:45 PM by Emerald »

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: TaF Buttons!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 02:44:39 PM »
 :newpony:

I'm so happy she was still there! She ought to keep you busy until I can start mailing you my doubles  :drunk:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Emerald

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 02:47:19 PM »
Girl you and I both know I am going to be working on this pony tonight and she will be basically done by tomorrow.  :drunk:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »
Congrats!  ^.^

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 03:36:37 PM »
Ooh nice find! Congrats!  :biggrin:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 11:16:13 PM »
I'm pleased she was still there when you went back.  Congrats on finding such a pretty G1 in the wild :)

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 12:13:36 AM »
Congratulations! :lol:

Offline Harabel

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 04:51:57 AM »
I'm so glad that she still there! She looks very great and I can't wait to see her before the spa!

Emerald

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 08:13:45 AM »
Popping her head off now!  :shocked: She is rustyyyyyyyyyy in there! I think she's going to clean up really well, though. I'll post update pics later today.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »
Popping her head off now!  :shocked: She is rustyyyyyyyyyy in there! I think she's going to clean up really well, though. I'll post update pics later today.

:drunk:

Eeek! .. Can't wait for the after pictures! :D

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 09:30:27 AM »
Awesome! I'm curious, what are good places to find ponies (as in going to a store. I know ebay's a good place online.)

Emerald

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 09:31:10 AM »
It took me about an hour to get her head off and she is absolutely disgusting inside. I'm looking around the house for pipe cleaners now. -_- This is going to be a bigger project than I had originally anticipated but I am up for the challenge!

Post Merge: December 13, 2015, 09:32:23 AM

Awesome! I'm curious, what are good places to find ponies (as in going to a store. I know ebay's a good place online.)

I only have two that I found in the wild, and they came from flea markets. Most flea markets near me are actually crappy gift shops (I'm near Disney) but there are a couple that have G1s once in a while. Usually they are way over priced or hidden in with McDonald's toys or other random things.

Post Merge: December 13, 2015, 10:26:23 AM

Wellp, this is her now.

I used pipe cleaners, a small bottle brush, a tooth brush, a nail brush, q tips, and some paper towels and still couldn't get into her horn or the very tips of her hooves. Overall right now she is MUCH better and the pin dot stuff on her ears scratched right off with hot water and antibacterial soap. Her mane and tail are both super dry and gross now because of the Dawn I'm assuming so she will need more conditioning treatments. I used my usual shampoo/conditioner combo that I have for ponies but it didn't help too much this time.

Any tips on cleaning the inside of horns?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:26:24 AM by Emerald »

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 10:26:51 AM »
Congrats! TAF Buttons is pretty sought after, it's great that you snapped her up for a mere $10.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 03:52:05 PM »
It took me about an hour to get her head off and she is absolutely disgusting inside. I'm looking around the house for pipe cleaners now. -_- This is going to be a bigger project than I had originally anticipated but I am up for the challenge!

Post Merge: December 13, 2015, 09:32:23 AM

I only have two that I found in the wild, and they came from flea markets. Most flea markets near me are actually crappy gift shops (I'm near Disney) but there are a couple that have G1s once in a while. Usually they are way over priced or hidden in with McDonald's toys or other random things.

Post Merge: December 13, 2015, 10:26:23 AM

Wellp, this is her now.

I used pipe cleaners, a small bottle brush, a tooth brush, a nail brush, q tips, and some paper towels and still couldn't get into her horn or the very tips of her hooves. Overall right now she is MUCH better and the pin dot stuff on her ears scratched right off with hot water and antibacterial soap. Her mane and tail are both super dry and gross now because of the Dawn I'm assuming so she will need more conditioning treatments. I used my usual shampoo/conditioner combo that I have for ponies but it didn't help too much this time.

Any tips on cleaning the inside of horns?

Okay thanks.  :)

She looks nice. When I clean dirty ponies I use Q tips for their hooves, it probably helps I got long fingers lol.  :drunk:

Strzyga

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 12:34:10 PM »
congrats!  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal