collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spotted a Comic Con Ditzy Doo at Hot Topic. o.o  (Read 4400 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Spotted a Comic Con Ditzy Doo at Hot Topic. o.o
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
Oooh I would have been mad if it were me. :stressed: I'd call the store back and ask to speak to a manager about it. If the manager seems unhelpful, Hot Topic seem to me pretty helpful to people who have issues with stores through their Facebook or other customer service routes from what I've seen. They should not have her just sitting there for display like that. I bet she was meant for the giveaway but was never given for some reason.

I was thinking about calling the store when they opened (while on the road, heading back to my home about four hours away), but I wasn't sure if that would be a good idea since, assuming they'd want me to come back to that store as an apology [or something like that, for example], I wouldn't be able to do it. Boyfriend and I gotta be back in my town by 1pm. ;_;   The Facebook option was on my mind as well, and I feel that might be the better option for the situation.

Call anyway.  And ask if they would be willing to mail it to you, or let you have a friend pick it up.  Honestly - it'd be worth it.  That's just really bad store practices.  =(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 08:02:21 AM »
OR go to their facebook page and complain and post the picture. They WILL comment i bet 100%.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 08:08:30 AM »
I would be more likely to complain to customer services or head office than back at the store. Often branches of retailers in national chains are run like their own little fiefdoms - so sometimes you wont get an answer or certainly not the one you want.

That pony was a prize in a give away - so either they "forgot" to do the give away or they made no effort to find or assign a winner...a little cheeky all in to be honest and breaking most standard competition rules.

It really does make me wonder how many Drama Ponies were given to stores - was it really one per store? - As for a limited run pony which had what 150-200ish at the Fair last year?...Hasbro decided to give over 600 of them to Hot Topic??? Really???
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »
Mini-update: i decided to call them on the way back home (just got back). Phone call went surprisingly well, and one of the guys was indeed the manager. ^^; he remembered me, and was really nice over the phone.

Keeping my hooves crossed - i just might be getting that Ditzy!! :D i'll explain in more detail when I get in touch with my parents (of all times for them to be at the movies, lol). :3
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »
oh wow, good luck! :D
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »
Mini-update: i decided to call them on the way back home (just got back). Phone call went surprisingly well, and one of the guys was indeed the manager. ^^; he remembered me, and was really nice over the phone.

Keeping my hooves crossed - i just might be getting that Ditzy!! :D i'll explain in more detail when I get in touch with my parents (of all times for them to be at the movies, lol). :3

Woot woot!  Keep us updated! 

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 11:55:15 AM »

I hope it all goes well for you~

What a strange story :/ huh.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 12:13:59 PM »
I hope you get her, those employees were really cruel to you.

Drama Pony creates drama everywhere she goes!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 12:32:59 PM »
Oh I hope that you luck out and get him :)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2013, 12:39:04 PM »
Good luck MilkyTaroMochi! I hope this story has a happy ending and you get your pony! :D ::crosses fingers for you::

Drama Pony creates drama everywhere she goes!

Lol, seriously!  :lol:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2013, 02:12:55 PM »
I love my parents. :heart:

Luckily there were at a movie theatre that was about 15 minutes away from that mall, so they went and just picked her up for me.  :frolic: I had even sent both parents a picture of what she should look like (package included), just in case that HT tried to pull the wool over their eyes and give them the Funko one. Mom is supposed to call me back in a few so she can describe the box to me (I just wanna make sure, hehe). I'm still in shock and excited.

As for the phone call earlier, going by the manager (who I assume was the guy at the register yesterday who brought up the $200 price thing), the Ditzy Doo was the giveaway one, but the person who won the drawing never came by for her. So I guess they waited for a few months just in case and had put her out for display. I was the first/only person to have asked about her, so I'm guessing she wasn't out for too long? Although considering how high she [and that shelf] was in the store, I wouldn't be surprised that/if no one mentioned or saw her beforehand.

Initially, he had said that I could come back to the store and get her if I bought an MLP shirt (which was a fair deal), but after telling him I wasn't going to be back in town for another few weeks due to college, he said that if I could get someone to come and get her for me, he'd give the pony to them. :) I did leave my name and gave him my parents' name to be safe. Since she wasn't an actual "item" in the store (like retail item, I'm assuming), he couldn't mail her to me or my parents, so it had to have been someone to go and get her personally.
I do appreciate him doing this, because I sure wasn't expecting anything good out of the phone call. <3

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 02:18:47 PM »
I love my parents. :heart:

Luckily there were at a movie theatre that was about 15 minutes away from that mall, so they went and just picked her up for me.  :frolic: I had even sent both parents a picture of what she should look like (package included), just in case that HT tried to pull the wool over their eyes and give them the Funko one. Mom is supposed to call me back in a few so she can describe the box to me (I just wanna make sure, hehe). I'm still in shock and excited.

As for the phone call earlier, going by the manager (who I assume was the guy at the register yesterday who brought up the $200 price thing), the Ditzy Doo was the giveaway one, but the person who won the drawing never came by for her. So I guess they waited for a few months just in case and had put her out for display. I was the first/only person to have asked about her, so I'm guessing she wasn't out for too long? Although considering how high she [and that shelf] was in the store, I wouldn't be surprised that/if no one mentioned or saw her beforehand.

Initially, he had said that I could come back to the store and get her if I bought an MLP shirt (which was a fair deal), but after telling him I wasn't going to be back in town for another few weeks due to college, he said that if I could get someone to come and get her for me, he'd give the pony to them. :) I did leave my name and gave him my parents' name to be safe. Since she wasn't an actual "item" in the store (like retail item, I'm assuming), he couldn't mail her to me or my parents, so it had to have been someone to go and get her personally.
I do appreciate him doing this, because I sure wasn't expecting anything good out of the phone call. <3

Holy batman, congrats! Resourcefulness pulled off and now you are getting the highly sought after Dizty :muffin: Pony, are we calling her Drama Pony now? Because I like it.
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »
Whooo hooooo!!!  Oh I am soooo excited for you!  What a wonderful surprise!  :cheer:

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2013, 02:37:26 PM »
Thanks, you guys! I'm happy that you guys suggested I at least call back the store. I almost didn't in fear that it would be "pointless" to do so.

Holy batman, congrats! Resourcefulness pulled off and now you are getting the highly sought after Dizty Doo/Drama Pony, are we calling her Drama Pony now? Because I like it.

Drama Pony is better than the name my dad jokingly gave her: That Stinkin' Pony. xD

And my mom indeed confirmed it is the SDCC Ditzy Doo - said she checked everything on the package with the picture I sent. xD
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:42:00 PM by MilkyTaroMochi »

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013, 02:38:24 PM »
So in the end you got her for free? Now that is a score!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal