collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Showing your friends your collection.  (Read 18228 times)

Offline SillySmilez

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Showing your friends your collection.
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 04:15:41 AM »
They know about it and they don't make a big deal of it ;)
It's not that I'm desperate to show them my ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Dizziness and Sugarcup for my siggie and Cassu for my avvie!

Fanimusmaximus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 07:53:41 AM »
I haven't shown my Friends yet, but I don't think I have to because they stick out like a sore thumb.  :P

Offline BridgetsMum

• Queen of Pink Bottoms!
  • Trade Count: (+210)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
    • http://julies.mlparena.com
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 09:45:28 AM »
Can you believe I've become a closet collector. I have probably 40 bins in my garage but since  newly single it's hard to tell when the right time is to tell the bf about my dirty little secret. LOL! I'm getting my nerve up. I do have a beautiful glass shelf in my walk in closet and I'm anxious to get the creams of the crop up there. I miss my ponies tremendously. I'll get there. I still have some other unpacking to do though before I let myself get to the fun stuff. The ponies will be like my reward. :)
Line up for Arena Anniversary Spankies!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 10:02:11 AM »
BM: I find it hilarious that the creator of the largest MLP forum out there has become a closet collector!!!! Here's some advice a wise friend told: The right man for you won't love you in spite of the fact that you collect MLP, but he'll love you because of it. Always remember that ;)

Offline BridgetsMum

• Queen of Pink Bottoms!
  • Trade Count: (+210)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
    • http://julies.mlparena.com
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 10:25:26 AM »
Very good advice (thanks) and I'm sure he won't mind. My collection is overwhelming to even me so maybe gradually is the answer. He does have a small collection of toy NASCARs and baseball cards so fingers crossed. :)
Line up for Arena Anniversary Spankies!

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 10:27:50 AM »
I don't actively show my collection, but anyone who walks into the room figures it out pretty quick. XD My room is full of toys and ponies, and once I get it actually set up properly, it'll return to it's former glory of what dad calls "The Biggest Toy Store in Town"!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »
Gradually is good, BM. And since he has his own collection, I have a strong feeling he'll 'get it'. Of note, the guy I'm kind of seeing has a small collection of cars as well!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »
Lol I posted a picture of my shelf on Facebook for all friends and extended family to see. There ain't no shame to my game.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »
All my friends know about my pony habit. They're all cool with it too. I sometimes get a few jokes but it's all in good fun and they're all supportive of my hobby (or obsession!) Initial reactions are almost always "WOAH.... WHAT THE........." lol

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012, 11:20:11 AM »
Anyone who comes into our house is greeted instantly with toys from my husband and I. People have even commented that our house smells like Christmas morning and the new toy smell. XD I noticed it after taking a box of ponies to a convention to use in a panel. The box smelled strongly of new pony. LOL!

Fortunately for him, the first thing you see is legos and anime figures out the wazoo. Then Monster high dolls. Then an overflowing shelf of Ponies! XD I had to pack away all my video game figures to make room for ponies in our new apartment. I'm looking forward to having space to display everything again.

I'm really open about my collecting. So, I don't feel bad about mentioning that I have ponies. I'll also post new ponies in batches on facebook. LOOK WHAT I GOT. XD

Also, am I the only one who walks into Ikea and instantly sees all the room displays, thinking of how well they would display ponies and other toys? XD

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 11:28:13 AM »
It's hard to hide my pony/toy obsession when people come to my house because toys are everywhere!  My neighbours think I'm a bit nuts but other than that, most others seem to at least try and understand my hobby.  Many of them are in awe of my displays and ask lots of questions :)

miss

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 12:08:54 PM »
I don't actively shout about it, but there all in the pony room, and thats some times a guest room (though my friends take the mic about staying in there over night like all the ponies will come alive and eat them!)

Its something I enjoy, and TBH the house is full for ponies, MH dolls, my star trek and star wars stuff and more! I have so much stuff i don't think anyone is surprised too much.... Until they go in the pony room lol its a little overwhelming in there i suppose...

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »
Oh everybody know I'm a collector.  I have ponies at work.  My family and friends get me ponies for birthdays and Christmas and will ask which ponies I've gotten recently or what customs I'm working on.  And my friends are always telling other people about the ponies.  My Roomy (who's come with me to numerous MLP Fairs) goes to a lot of sci fi cons and she has other people looking out for ponies for me.

We also host an annual party around Christmas time and the guests look forward to seeing the Pony Room Xmas display every year.  :P

Elf

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »
Can you believe I've become a closet collector. I have probably 40 bins in my garage but since  newly single it's hard to tell when the right time is to tell the bf about my dirty little secret. LOL! I'm getting my nerve up. I do have a beautiful glass shelf in my walk in closet and I'm anxious to get the creams of the crop up there. I miss my ponies tremendously. I'll get there. I still have some other unpacking to do though before I let myself get to the fun stuff. The ponies will be like my reward. :)

Wow lol - I am a bit shocked but totally understand too, new relationships may need a bit of time before we dump all our strange & interesting quirks onto new partner :) good luck with it anyhow hun!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »
Can you believe I've become a closet collector. I have probably 40 bins in my garage but since  newly single it's hard to tell when the right time is to tell the bf about my dirty little secret. LOL! I'm getting my nerve up. I do have a beautiful glass shelf in my walk in closet and I'm anxious to get the creams of the crop up there. I miss my ponies tremendously. I'll get there. I still have some other unpacking to do though before I let myself get to the fun stuff. The ponies will be like my reward. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm sure it'll go fine. :) We are so much more then our toy collections. Mine still hasn't seen the entire collection. He saw some of the pictures I had up on facebook of some of my ponies back when we were friends. Before we started dating, he would go into thrift shops and look for ponies for me. (The man ended up finding a perfect TAF baby in a bag at VV). He knows my collection is massive- I still have to have it sent here though. His only comment "the next house needs to have a room for your ponies".

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal