collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FiM Gameloft - General Discussion & User IDs - Thread II  (Read 202133 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: FiM Gameloft - General Discussion & User IDs - Thread II
« Reply #1050 on: January 15, 2016, 09:50:13 AM »
Woah that's quite a glitch! I hope gameloft doesn't slap a temp ban on you though for exploiting :/

I had a bad glitch however. I was trying to win peachy keen from the mine game solo challenge and I was about halfway there when in reset to 0 points.. I have no idea why. My game also can't decide if it wants to be winter still or not, every time I open it it's different. Sigh..

My game did the same thing today. I was in 4th place to win Auntie Apple Rose and really close to winning Peachy Keen and then I lost all of mine game points.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 15, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »
Tip for balloon gem collection I. The mine cart.  Play it on the cheapest option.  You get way more balloons. 

OMG!  There is no logical reason why but that totally works!  Im netting 9-15 balloons per run vs the x2 cart for 1000 bits which nets me 5-8. Wow! 

And my game refuses to load/open at times. Especially at night (when Im home and able to play). Its super frustrating to try to open the game 10+ times over 3 hours and then lose progress or whatnot. So annoying!
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #1052 on: January 15, 2016, 03:57:53 PM »
What's this balloon gem challenge? I haven't seen anything about that  :blink:
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #1053 on: January 15, 2016, 04:37:26 PM »

It's finished now.  It was just one of those group challenges, but involved getting the most laughter shards via the mine cart game.

Playing it on the cheaper option works for laughter shards specifically, because the elements available change based on how many points you get.  For the first 1000 points you mainly get laughter, 2-3k generosity, etc, etc.  But to get a thousand points in the cheap version you have to travel twice as far as in the 1000 bit version.  So more laughter shards are given. 

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #1054 on: January 15, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »

It's finished now.  It was just one of those group challenges, but involved getting the most laughter shards via the mine cart game.

Playing it on the cheaper option works for laughter shards specifically, because the elements available change based on how many points you get.  For the first 1000 points you mainly get laughter, 2-3k generosity, etc, etc.  But to get a thousand points in the cheap version you have to travel twice as far as in the 1000 bit version.  So more laughter shards are given.

Ohhhh! I was just confused because you called them balloons. I thought they made a weird edit to the game!
But yeah the cheapest option nets you the most haha
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 15, 2016, 11:35:20 PM »
So Lemon Hearts is on sale now for 245 gems
but I don't have that anymore because I blew about 100 gems failing to win her from the balloon pop
sigh

I like Lemon Hearts, too :(

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 16, 2016, 12:03:37 PM »
So fingers crossed I can win a couple of the group challenges ponies.  I was high enough in the 'earn minecart points' challenge to get a pony, and then landed spot 7 in the 'fly the clouds' challenge.  So I shut off my internet and am gonna play low-key for the next couple of days to see if I can lock those two down.

Helpful tip...if you land a spot to win a pony and then shut your internet off, don't let your device run all the way down on power!  I did that with my iPad and I think it lost where I was in the minecart group challenge.  >.<  But when I hopped online to try to do it again, it bumped me up to second place (when I should have definitely not even been on the charts...  ???). 

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #1057 on: January 17, 2016, 08:26:31 AM »
Lol I just now figured out the friend code thingy (btw mine seems to be 520058, android).  :P I'm going to add a ton of friends now.  :devious:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 21, 2016, 09:22:17 AM »
Hey, for those of you who are having a problem "staying ahead of the crowd" in the group challenge (ME!  LOL), I think I may have discovered a loop hole.  ^_^

Last week when the elderly apple pony was a prize for the minecart game, I earned a bunch of points super early before other people starting playing it and earned a spot in the top 20.  Then I shut my internet off.  Later I accidentally logged in w/the internet and immediately played all my minecart lives again, and amazingly it had kept me in the top 20 and just added my new points to make me higher (rather than bumping me lower due to a few days of inactivity).  I shut off the internet again, and a couple days later did the same and I was still in the top 20.  I ended up in 3rd place amazingly, even though I only really logged in about 3 full lives of games.

This week I did the same with the Equestria Girls challenge - I played all my lives before others had played it and landed in the top 20 (#4 actually).  Then I shut off my internet for a few days while I did other stuff.  I chanced it and logged on this morning and immediately played all my EG songs - and now I'm in #2.  O.o  So...looks like they won't bump your spot down if your not online!  Hope this helps you all!  It's been a huge relief to me, I don't play FIM constantly, so winning the challenge ponies can get extremely taxing.

Let me see if I can break it down into steps for ya:
1. - if a week-long challenge is about to end, *DONT* play any games until the new challenge is initiated so you'll have full lives and you can try and get ahead of the pack once the new challenge is posted
2. - try to land a spot in the top 20 within a few hours of the new challenge being posted
3. - turn off internet and play regularly until your game lives are full
4. - if you desire, turn on internet and play full lives again - you should still be in the top 20 and hopefully it will just raise your spot
5. - turn off internet so you don't drop down again
6. - collect pony at the end of the challenge

If anyone else tries this, plmk so I know it's not just me.  ^_^

{{{huggles}}}  -Cloudie
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:29:44 AM by cloud_weaver »

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 21, 2016, 11:12:46 AM »
Those are good tips cloud_weaver!! :heart:

I had a major frustration - I played pretty hard during the last 'clear the skies' game, I got a really nice score (like 1009, high for me!!), I got my account up to like, rank 4 (which felt a little too high to me, but when I tried to check it said it wouldn't load or it was accurate!), so I thought, cool, free pony!

I logged in the next day... no pony. The game seems to think I didn't even place. What the heck!? :/ What a frustrating bug!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #1060 on: January 21, 2016, 11:35:34 AM »
I was dancing my bum off on the solo even and then my score just jumped back from eihty-tousand-something to 24 thousand-something a day ago.  :pout: No pony for me after all.  -_-

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #1061 on: January 21, 2016, 12:28:33 PM »
The scores for the last clear the skies were exceptionally high last time.  I placed 3rd with a score of 1786.  The winner had like 1900.  So it's possible you didn't place with 1000, Snapdragon.  Maybe it was a glitch for you, or maybe it just ranked you properly when you logged in.

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 21, 2016, 02:18:37 PM »
I did manage the clear the skies pony last week using the trick I described.  I played it as soon as it came online and scored around 600 or 700 and.managed to place early on. Then I stayed offline for the ext few days until the contest ended.

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 23, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »
 Hey just an update to my test.   I logged in after a few days of being off-line, to check for new challenges. I was able to rank on a brand-new game of clear the skies, and made it to the top 10. I was still in the two spot for the equestria girls challenge.  So I play Ed both games to keep me in the spot to win a pony, then I logged off I'll log back on.  I'll jump on in a couple days once challenge is it going to claim my ponies. It does seem that if you are off-line, it will not lower your rank.  It only tracks your address as long as you're online.

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 26, 2016, 07:58:53 AM »
Quick question...

In Canterlot, I'm at the point where the game wants me to beat Queen Crysallis.  I'm hesitant to do so as I don't want the random changlings to disappear, I've been using them as a way to get earn extra gems.  Will the changlings go away after I beat her?

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal