collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Build a Bear Ponies  (Read 660 times)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
New Build a Bear Ponies
« on: March 22, 2015, 12:26:44 AM »
I decided to treat myself on Thursday after getting through part of a high priority project at work (the worst of it is over, but we're still not totally finished), and take advantage of the 25% off sale at Build a Bear as well as use the $10 gift card I got when I got Celestia.  I finally got Pinkie, to fill the ranks of my ever-growing army of Pinkies.  After that, I went back the next day and got Cadance and Luna plus I was able to get 3 $10 gift cards for $5 each, which will come in handy for the next release (although I would've liked to use it online to get Shining Armor). 

On another note, I've noticed Build a Bear is the only place I've bought pony merch from where they ask who it's for.  First time I went there, the lady asked me that and it was kind of a deer in the headlights moment. I get that they're trying to be friendly and chit chat, but it's an awkward moment when you're buying it for yourself, but don't want them to know it. Fortunately, I've gotten better at making a cover story since then.  Even 'It's for my sister' can work if you sell it right.   Although since I came two days in a row, if the same lady who stuffed Pinkie on Thursday was there Friday, I probably would have had to admit they were all for me.

Anyway, in addition to the ponies, I picked up something to drink as well since I got through part of the project on time, had a productive week overall (I'm close to figuring out something that's been eluding me for months), and my employee review went fairly well, to boot.

The ponies got in on the celebration, as well.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I had a good time, but the Applejack was kind of disappointing.  Only the first drink I took even tasted like apples at all.  At least it went down pretty well when chased with some Dr Pepper.

Anyway, tonight I was able to fix their hair and get them all prepped for display. I think Luna turned out nicely, but Cadance was a lot more difficult and I just did the best I could with it.

I think both her and Celestia's coronation outfits look better on the plushes than they looked on the show. It wasn't well liked there, but I think it's really cute on her now.

Wow, this picture sucks. I really should have paid more attention before uploading it...

I'd say of the two, I like Luna more than Cadance. I can't say for sure why since I love Cadance's design, maybe it has to do with the fact that they actually have a dark blue Luna out.

In any case, both of these lovely ladies have to go back into the closet since I've run out of space to put them, and also because I'm moving in a couple of weeks and have to start packing up my collection.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: New Build a Bear Ponies
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 04:09:57 AM »
Aaaah they're so gorgeous! I used to be asked if the ponies were for me (the staff didn't seem at all judgemental when I said yes. One of them told me that at least 50% of their ponies are sold to adults buying them for themselves!) but er, the Saturday staff and manager of my nearest store now know me on sight  :blush: One of them skipped over to tell me when Luna and Cadence were due in  :lol:

I wish they sold the crowns and necklaces separate from the capes but I might have to cave...I recently bought Twilight's and it looks lovely on her (and the crown controls her fringe lol).
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 12:14:38 PM »
Aaaah they're so gorgeous! I used to be asked if the ponies were for me (the staff didn't seem at all judgemental when I said yes. One of them told me that at least 50% of their ponies are sold to adults buying them for themselves!) but er, the Saturday staff and manager of my nearest store now know me on sight  :blush: One of them skipped over to tell me when Luna and Cadence were due in  :lol:

I wish they sold the crowns and necklaces separate from the capes but I might have to cave...I recently bought Twilight's and it looks lovely on her (and the crown controls her fringe lol).

I heard that too when I got Twilight. I think they said most of the adults buying them were guys, as well.  But I've never seen it whenever I've been in there, it's always young girls.

It's pricey, but I'd recommend getting the outfits if you can. I really like how close they are to their design in the show, and there's some really nice detailing on there. Not to mention they look so much cuter in those dresses. I never get the shoes, though (with the exception of AJ). They're just standard items.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 12:26:37 PM »
Haha, poor ponies had a rough night I see... Luna looks gorgeous. ^.^

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 05:09:23 PM »
hehehe - pulling an all nighter :P

Thanks for sharing - they're totally gorgeous!  Cannot wait to get mine too :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 06:26:17 PM »
Congrats! :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 08:23:34 PM »
love your pics.  Congrats on your new ponies :frolic:

Offline ladysidal

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Tout arrive pour une raison.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog "Daily Glad."
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 09:01:40 PM »
Wow. They are so pretty. I'm almost tempted to get them. The only one I have is Pinkie Pie. Hehe.
My name is Glad. I'm glad to meet you.

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 09:15:05 PM »
I need to come party at your house. :biggrin:

I agree. I have definitely felt awkward when they ask who the bear is for. I have done both....I used to lie........and now I just tell them that it is for me. I think it is just how they are trained because if you tell them it is for you they do the whole thing of telling you to make a wish on the heart. I think it is better to just tell them the truth though because....once you become a regular they are going to know you anyway. You would think I could get away with it since I have a 3 year old but nope....as soon as we go to Build a Bear she says that Mommy can make a bear and she is going to play on the computers....go figure........ :lol:

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 11:44:22 PM »
Congratz on getting Luna and Cadance! I adore how yours seem more wild, all mine did was pass out on my bed once I got them home. :lol:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 11:56:05 PM »
 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Drunk Princesses that is too cool :)
Congrats on your work project being almost finished:)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 03:27:37 AM »
I think it is just how they are trained because if you tell them it is for you they do the whole thing of telling you to make a wish on the heart.

It was confirmed to me when I bought Luna that they are trained to ask this - I was wearing a tshirt with Luna on and the employee said she felt a bit silly asking if the pony was for me, but that she had to :) I don't know if Build-A-Bear are subject to Mystery Shoppers but they're likely more vigilant with adults than children on asking all the questions and doing all the upselling.

So to people that are a bit embarrassed - they're not judging you, they just have to ask to make conversation and upsell.

Also, the longer I own Luna the longer I think she's definitely my favourite of the bunch. I just wish she was more huggable :lol: The wings crease super easy  :(
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal