collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A wild aerieberry has appeared!  (Read 919 times)

aerieberry

• Trade Count: (0)
A wild aerieberry has appeared!
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:49:25 PM »
Hello everyone!

I've had a crush on mlp for ages but it was more of a deep down festering fandom then an outspoken thing. I owned very few G1s and G3s (Mostly Rainbow Dash/Flash as they were my favorites). Most either Wal-Mart, flea market or thrift store finds, so really nothing spectacular.

I took animation in college, and shortly after I graduated MLP:FiM became a thing, and then I was head over heals in love. I love the stylized world and the ponies. Being a fan of everything including colorful creatures (I'm an ardent Pokemon lover, also Digimon and Monster Rancher, etc) there really wasn't anything I could do to resist this fandom any longer.

My collection currently stands at about.... 78 ponies, I want to say. I am exclusively collecting G4 for the moment until I've decided my collection is /complete/. I almost have a complete set now, mind you, but there are still a few eluding me.

I'd love to take pictures for all of you right now, but unfortunately my collection is currently in transit. I move rather regularly (as I'm a flight attendant, and base transfers are not uncommon).

A little more about me? I'm 20 years old, and live in Canada. I love video games with a passion. I keep a reviewing blog about everything gaming-related called www.cultofgaming.blogspot.com for those of you who are curious. I have do work as a freelance artist on the side, I'm currently illustrating a children's book. I do everything from graphic design work to animation and so on. I have a passion for toys and collecting, and ponies isn't my first collection. I'm also a big reader. Oh, and I'm an aviation nerd. I do love my planes. I'm an internetholic too.

I have a few questions out of curiosity (if that's okay!) I'm currently searching for the few little bits and pieces I'm missing from my collection. A few key pieces are (a few) 2011 McDonalds Ponies, the brazilian/mexican McDonald's ponies set, the Pinkie Pie Bubble Belly... are these relatively easy to find on here? I look through eBay fairly often, but the only ones I find are the 2011 McD ones, but all individually with hefty prices and shipping. Was the "Sleep Slumbers" set ever really released? I was also wondering about full sets of blind bags? I've yet to dive into those. I was anticipting buying the full sets off Toywiz. Suggestions?

Honestly, I'm interested in anything FiM if you want to shoot me a message. Though I'm usually pretty good about checking my forums/sites daily, I'm easier to reach by email at arianemorin-(@)hotmail.com.

Thank you for accepting me into this wonderful community.

~aerie
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:02:52 PM by aerieberry »

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: A wild aerieberry has appeared!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
Hello and Welcome to the Arena!

Glad to have you here!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:37:45 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 to the Arena!  What an interesting introduction you wrote. I feel like I know you already. Your blog site is very comprehensive.  It sounds like you know your stuff (this coming from somebody who would not have the first clue about computer gaming mind, lol).

I live on the other side of the world so we didn't get a lot of the McDonalds pony releases here.  If you start a thread in the Pony Corral somebody there might be able to shed some more light for you. 

I hope you enjoy being part of the community and stick around for a while!  :frolic:

aerieberry

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:00:54 AM »
Thank you for your kindness.

I feel like it's easier to have people talk to you if they know something about you. Thanks a lot for the kind comments. My blog is indeed the place I have to let out most of my computer gaming fanism and put my knowledge to work. Unfortunately, I had yet to find an outlet for all my pony love. And now I have. ;)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »
Welcome!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 10:11:53 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena!

Best of luck to you in finding the missing ponies!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

aerieberry

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 06:59:28 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena!

Best of luck to you in finding the missing ponies!

Thank you! You have a gorgeous OC as your avatar. I love the colors!

Post Merge: June 22, 2012, 06:59:47 PM

Welcome!

Thank you!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »
Greetings and welcome to the MLP Arena, aerieberry. :D
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 09:11:23 AM »
Welcome from a fellow pony loving gamer!

aerieberry

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »
Greetings and welcome to the MLP Arena, aerieberry. :D

Thank you. <3

Post Merge: June 23, 2012, 05:25:46 PM

Welcome from a fellow pony loving gamer!

Ponies+Gaming... What else do you need? <3

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 08:45:51 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, as to the full sets of blind bags depends on what wave you are looking for.  The first set is now available stateside so that might not be too hard to get your hands on.  Later wavers will be a tougher order as they have not hit here but only overseas.  Sadly no help on the other things except I know the Pinkie Pie bubble blower was still in some drugs stores by as long as a month ago so someone should be able to hunt that down.  Best to post in wanted and I am sure folks will be able to help.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 12:38:58 AM »
Thank you for your kindness.

I feel like it's easier to have people talk to you if they know something about you. Thanks a lot for the kind comments. My blog is indeed the place I have to let out most of my computer gaming fanism and put my knowledge to work. Unfortunately, I had yet to find an outlet for all my pony love. And now I have. ;)

LOL. Yes you have definitely come to the right place to talk about ponies :frolic:

aerieberry

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 06:24:36 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, as to the full sets of blind bags depends on what wave you are looking for.  The first set is now available stateside so that might not be too hard to get your hands on.  Later wavers will be a tougher order as they have not hit here but only overseas.  Sadly no help on the other things except I know the Pinkie Pie bubble blower was still in some drugs stores by as long as a month ago so someone should be able to hunt that down.  Best to post in wanted and I am sure folks will be able to help.

Thank you. <3

The waves are a little confusing. They are released overseas rather regularly but here is still stuck with Wave 1. Isn't it usually the other way around? xD States first, then ship overseas? ;p I found out that ToyWiz is selling full sets though, so that's an alternative. I didn't know the bubble blower was found in drug stores! So thank you for that too!

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »
welcome to the arena!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, eh?  ;) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal