collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: :) Favourite Concert?  (Read 1158 times)

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: :) Favourite Concert?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 12:09:15 AM »
Hands down my favorite concert that I've been to was the Dethklok concert I went to... Yes, the cartoon band from Metalocalypse on Adult Swim... I was front row. It. Was. Amazing!!

:I So jealous....

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 04:32:52 AM »
I was lucky enough to see MichaeL Jackson at Wembley Stadium in 1997 :lovey: best day of my life!!!!!

Also I have seen Take That, Rihanna ( just a few weeks ago) and Jessie J.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 04:40:31 AM »
LOL, you say that like it's no big deal!  I'd LOVE to see Metallica and I know 3 others who would give anything for the chance to see them, too!
Hehe, I just meant that I'm a little bummed that I haven't gotten to see more bands.  The show was great, but I don't do well in crowds, and this was indoors.  It was the makeup concert for the Summer Sanitarium 2000 date in Sparta, Kentucky.  James Hetfield injured himself and wasn't able to be there so they did a makeup concert for free for anyone who went.  Just had to have a ticket stub from the first.  Luckily I knew someone who went to Sparta that couldn't make it to Lexington.  And I have to say, I love seeing how many fans of Sherlock, Supernatural, and Doctor Who I've seen on this site so far :D
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 04:58:13 AM »
I looooooooved the Taylor Swift Red tour concert I went to this year :D I had really close seats and I went with my best friend! I have also seen P!nk, Katy Perry, Three Doors Down, and Nickelback (twice!)

Thanks Whippetluv!

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 07:29:21 AM »
I'm glad you got to see Bon Jovi, hathorcat! ;)

Even though I like many bands, the only concert I've been to (besides my brother and sister's many, many band concerts!) is a Relient K concert at my sister's college. It was wonderful being able to see them, but I don't think I'm up for another concert. Maybe it was because it was in a college, but we had to stand the enitre time and I couldn't see a thing for awhile. This random guy next to me kept using my shoulder as an arm rest...

I would, however, love to see a Taylor Swift concert! You're lucky, Moony! :)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 07:30:50 AM »

Also I have seen Take That,

So jealous! I've loved them since I was 12, but since I moved to the states I'll probably never get to see them live. My oldest daughter loves them as well, her iPod is full of their music and her dream is to go to the UK and see them live.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 09:42:28 AM »
I am always up for a Blue Rodeo concert :) i've seen them.... i have no idea, lost count. Mom and I even did a road trip to see them, which was awesome.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 11:20:56 AM »
Ooh! I love talking about concerts!

My favorite concert was probably Rush's Time Machine tour. I am always so impressed by their professionalism and showmanship. Great music, great musicians, and a really fun community of people who come out to see them.

Phish came to my neck of the woods last night! It was a great show, but with more than 16000 people crammed into the venue, I got to feeling a little claustrophobic! It was an interestingly diverse crowd, too-- At one time, we had some guys doing god-knows-what-drugs on one side of us, and on the other, a father with his young daughter on his shoulders being totally responsible and enjoying the music.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 11:24:10 AM »
You Me At Six, with support from Mayday Parade, Kids In Glass Houses and The Skints. :D

Got tickets for my 16th birthday last year.. most incredible pit I've ever been in omg<3 was covered in bruises afterwards and drenched from head to foot, but I don't think I've ever felt an atmosphere like that before.. the crowd was incredible, the music was out of this world, it was just perfect.<333
Fight like a girl..

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 11:25:34 AM »
Hands down my favorite concert that I've been to was the Dethklok concert I went to... Yes, the cartoon band from Metalocalypse on Adult Swim... I was front row. It. Was. Amazing!!

Haha someone who knows about Dethklok!! That's awesome!! :hug:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 11:47:09 AM »
Tarja Turunen!  :heart:

I know I don't really post anymore, but everybody needs to know how awesome Tarja is.  :mrgreen:

*disappears again*

He knows that they're the fool...

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 12:37:41 PM »

Haha someone who knows about Dethklok!! That's awesome!! :hug:

I know about Dethklok, too, lol!  :)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 12:46:30 PM »
I've been to three concerts held here in Lethbridge. Two were Robin Mark and the third was Brian Doerksen. I'd be pleased if Chris Tomlin or Casting Crowns were to show up, but I guess they're more suited to a city size like Calgary's.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 01:02:12 PM »
Rancid!!

And I get to see them again in a week! Next Thursday!! :biggrin: (It has been 18 YEARS since the last time I saw them!)

Dropkick Murphys were awesome too!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:04:42 PM by spottedslug »

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 02:07:47 PM »
Iv always just ended up going to concerts out of consequence of my friends xD. So iv never been to one that iv totally loved, Iv just gone because all of my friends went or someone invited me etc.

so my first -_- was a christina aguilera concert haha, this was only a big deal because, at the time, big names like her didnt actually come this close to my city xD. Iv never particularly been fond of her music, but non the less, i was camped out with all my friends in the bitter cold trying to grab the $15 dollar tickets, i was in jr high at the time, and this was the first thing my parents really let me go off and do on my own. xD my friends and i hopped on a bus to the fair grounds and actually had a pretty good time. I think Im more fond of the experience then I am the music xD.

the second one was savage garden, ok at the time yes I was obsessed with these two xD, this was also in jr high i think? or to be more specific shortly after the Affirmation album came out. i was in love with Darren Heyes xD. That one I was invited to by the parent of someone who I had a very complicated friendship with rofl, I decided to heck with her I wasnt going to miss the opportunity rofl.

I also went to a 3 doors down concert... cant say I was very impressed, rofl it was a freebie tacked onto nascar tickets (which my father dragged me too) I was also pregnant so I didnt really stick around very long to see the whole concert xD Pretty sure I walked back the camp and slept while everyone else partied haha.

the last musical thing i went to was a warped tour 2005 maybe? I dont know if i really count that lol, but it was sort of a first date with someone who i had talked to over the internet for many years xD, it SOUNDS very sketchy but we ended up being really happy together for a few years after that but then we broke apart, were still really great friends though. :)
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal