collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Flipper: sam2600420- undisclosed flaws & inaccurate description  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Flipper: sam2600420- undisclosed flaws & inaccurate description
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 04:12:11 AM »
I'm glad she changed it. Guess too many people can tell  its a rehair for her to not say anything , especially since you both messaged her and theres this thread also if she did a search , so she put re- hair in the title now - good ... but...wait  a sec...  its still not in the actual description?  :blink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 05:21:19 AM »
Stormness_1, that really is strange!  Makes me worry just how many international auctions aren't showing up in my searches and how many things I may be missing out on   :(

Hm.  The auction is down now. So I'm guessing it's OK to post the link??

Ya, they only changed the title, which is good, but it needed to be in the description too.  Also, they should mention messing with the symbols!    I wonder if they'll try to relist it.  $85 still seems really steep considering the body is pretty messed up.     

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 05:40:33 AM »
Stormness_1, that really is strange!  Makes me worry just how many international auctions aren't showing up in my searches and how many things I may be missing out on   :(

Yep. This is a real thing. I noticed it recently went a US friend sent me the link. I also tried all the same steps - I even set one of my US shipping addresses to default and it still didn't show.
If anyone works out how to get around it, please let me know

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 01:47:20 PM »

Yep. This is a real thing. I noticed it recently went a US friend sent me the link. I also tried all the same steps - I even set one of my US shipping addresses to default and it still didn't show.

This is not good business.  Well, I guess it is good for me because I was suppose to go on a pony buying hiatus this year.   
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 10:42:15 PM »

This is not good business.  Well, I guess it is good for me because I was suppose to go on a pony buying hiatus this year.   

It's happened to me a few times and I just figured I'd missed the auction or whatever, because sometimes it works, but it is definitely strange that certain things we're unable to see. I'd say it's a glitch on ebay's end with a listing option that has unnoticed side effects for international buyers. And no-one notices it, because they can't see it!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2016, 04:52:41 AM »
I can see it in the link you posted Ashlyne where the listing had ended but nope it wasn't showing up for me either previously in any searches even if I went on US ebay :crazy: :(

Looking at it now yes the re-hair looks obvious, as does the re-curling, and the fact that there was still no mention of it in the description or a mention of the symbol touch up either is very bad.  She cant deceive collectors who know what to look for so easily, but  someone new to collecting or someone buying as a gift for a friend, or someone who does a quick BIN needs to be careful of people like this.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal