collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Edit2: Italy Moonstone!!!, Alt.Birthflower Poppy and NSS Truly included pictures  (Read 5106 times)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile

In all seriousness I had a look at $40-50 seems to be what she's selling for, I saw one for $20, but Baby Buttons is popular and if she's not got brown spots she'll get top end.

Love pkw xxx

Understandable- she is darn cute! No brown spots or any mark
what so ever. Super lucky with this cutie! She is definitely one of my personal most sought-after ponies :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I brought poppy this year for 750 dkk :)

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
I brought poppy this year for 750 dkk :)

Congrats! You bought her in Denmark? From Denmark? I’ve seen the Alt.BF ponies in Denmark/ Sweden/Norway go for a little less than they do other places. Which isn’t that strange since they were mainly sold there ;) 750 dkk is a great price for her though!

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

In all seriousness I had a look at $40-50 seems to be what she's selling for, I saw one for $20, but Baby Buttons is popular and if she's not got brown spots she'll get top end.

Love pkw xxx

Understandable- she is darn cute! No brown spots or any mark
what so ever. Super lucky with this cutie! She is definitely one of my personal most sought-after ponies :)

Yours definitely has a better color than mine.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Another interesting observation - the Truly looks like she has black eyeliner, like my one in London...

I wonder if that means anything in terms of distribution or if it is in fact random.

I don't think it has an impact on price, it's just interesting since mostly people say Scandinavian Truly always has brown eyeliner, but it seems that's really not the case.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
@Taffeta: yes, she has black eyeliner :) I didn’t know about the brown eyeliner theory, but then I haven’t really checked out that much about Truly before. Where did your Truly originate from?

I know we talk a lot about Scandinavian releases, but the Scandinavian countries do differ quite a lot in releases for some of the years at least ( the set with PnC babies being one of those issues). It might be that they released different batches in for instance Sweden and Norway (where this girl was found).

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
@Taffeta: yes, she has black eyeliner :) I didn’t know about the brown eyeliner theory, but then I haven’t really checked out that much about Truly before. Where did your Truly originate from?

I know we talk a lot about Scandinavian releases, but the Scandinavian countries do differ quite a lot in releases for some of the years at least ( the set with PnC babies being one of those issues). It might be that they released different batches in for instance Sweden and Norway (where this girl was found).

The black eyeliner one? She came from a German seller, which is why I wasn't totally sure of her authenticity till PKW and LadyG checked her out independently of one another at ponycon last year and both said she was definitely real. But people have theorised before that movie star ponies have brown eyeliner in certain places and black in others and I've never found that to be true (eg Shady in France having brown eyeliner but my MOC French one has black eyeliner).

I don't remember when the brown eyeliner as a mode of authentication came up, I think there was an assumption that black on SS ponies stood out more. But there are a lot of movie stars with black eyeliner too. Unfortunately because I got her from a German seller, it's not clear where she might have originated. My other one with brown eyeliner came from a US seller who bought her from somewhere in Scandinavia originally but I never found out where.

(And yeah, I agree with you that 'Scandinavia' is sometimes not an appropriate denominator. The more we go on the more clear it becomes how many different European countries had different things going on. But that's the most interesting thing for me, too xD. There are also a good number of Truly/Cupcakes in South Africa as well...I know NightGliderSA has a couple of Trulys, but I never stopped and looked at the eyeliner in her photos before this...)

Sorry for the useless vague response :/ I did notice that the brown and the black eyeliner ponies also have some symbol differences, so I suspect it's a batch thing...rather than a regional one?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 03:19:22 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
The brown eyliner theory I think originates from one of the swedisg summermeets we had back in the days. The theme was truly and cupcake, and everybody was supposed to take their trulys and cupcakes with them, so we could compare and determine a patern  to recognize the real deal from a deflock.  If I remember correct (this was many years ago, and my memory is slippery :P ) all deflocks (that we knew wher actual deflocks) and SS had black eyliners and all real ones had brown eyeliners, so the conclusion was that you could recognize them by that.
Although, I dont think we ever dismissed the idea that they could have black eyliners, just that you could be sure it was real if it was brown. I think that the line between brown=real and black=fake dit come more with  time as refering to the real ones with brown eyeliners (again, slippery memory)
Maybe someone from the Swedish collectors that was present remember more and can confirm/deny?

I also remember that during the discussions on the swedish forum before the meeting, someone mentioned that she had one with black eyeliner that she was quite convinced was real. I dont think anyone really gave that statement pretty much credit, as the collector was not at the meeting, and we never saw the pony irl.  But this collector was from Norway, and I have a vague memory that I have seen another one from Norway ask about a black eyed Truly some years later. Or if it was the same person, just a few years later.
It could just be a coinsidence, or it could be that Norway actually have a different release then Sweden in that case.

Have not looked closely to the south african nor the australian ones either to see if they are black or brown. There was a moc cupcake sold from australia recently, will see if I can dig up a photo if its vissible what colour the eyliner is..

Sorry to hijack your thread Katrine, but this is so interesting :) And I think it is good that we can always evaluate things that has been known as facts for a long time, to challange our knowledge about pony history. :)
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
Ooh! This is so interesting! No need to apologize, Leikin- I love these talks! I’m geeky about MLP in that way :P

Of course, I just had to check my other ponies from that release - and they all have black eyeliner. Both Shady and Hopscotch are blacky black around the eyes(they were both found second-hand here in Norway).I *think* both Shady and Hopscotch were only released in this set in Norway. It is an exciting theory that Norwegian Truly had black eyeliner, whereas the Swedish one had brown.. I guess we just have to find more of them at fleamarkets and thrift stores to find out :lol:

@Leikin: do you know if any of the ponies from Truly’s set also had brown eyeliner in Sweden?

Post Merge: August 01, 2018, 10:00:49 AM

The black eyeliner one? She came from a German seller, which is why I wasn't totally sure of her authenticity till PKW and LadyG checked her out independently of one another at ponycon last year and both said she was definitely real. But people have theorised before that movie star ponies have brown eyeliner in certain places and black in others and I've never found that to be true (eg Shady in France having brown eyeliner but my MOC French one has black eyeliner).

I don't remember when the brown eyeliner as a mode of authentication came up, I think there was an assumption that black on SS ponies stood out more. But there are a lot of movie stars with black eyeliner too. Unfortunately because I got her from a German seller, it's not clear where she might have originated. My other one with brown eyeliner came from a US seller who bought her from somewhere in Scandinavia originally but I never found out where.

(And yeah, I agree with you that 'Scandinavia' is sometimes not an appropriate denominator. The more we go on the more clear it becomes how many different European countries had different things going on. But that's the most interesting thing for me, too xD. There are also a good number of Truly/Cupcakes in South Africa as well...I know NightGliderSA has a couple of Trulys, but I never stopped and looked at the eyeliner in her photos before this...)

Sorry for the useless vague response :/ I did notice that the brown and the black eyeliner ponies also have some symbol differences, so I suspect it's a batch thing...rather than a regional one?

No, don’t apologize for vagueness -in this hobby it is sometimes all we have :P I am just so happy there are people who like to talk about these things and actually find it just as interesting as I do :lol:

Regarding Scandinavia as a market- I do think it is easy to bulk all those countries together. Especially if you are not native to one of them. I find it super interesting though all the different releases and poniesand where they come from. Such as the Alt.Birthflowers. I’ve only ever seen them on Danish cards (of the Scandinavian languages), and as far as I know there isn’t yet any hard evidence that they were sold in either Sweden or Norway (I could be wrong here though!). It does come up second-hand though, but traveling between the Scandinavian countries were incredibly common and many, many of us has relatives across both borders. So, it isn’t really hard evidence. I hope I’m wrong though! I do hope they were sold all over Scandinavia :biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 10:00:49 AM by katrine2309 »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I feel the same about the interchangeability of UK and Europe with some ponies (esp white Tootsie!) We basically had a totally different line from pretty much any other single country, but share some sets with other places so only a small handful of what we had may be UK only (ie maybe Gypsy, maybe the pearly baby sea ponies in the UK poses).

On the eyeliner subject, I am fairly sure (will need to check but I think) all of my UK found movie star ponies have black eyeliner, including my childhood Shady. I think that's normal for the UK. We also had the big buttons Buttons here but she doesn't seem to have happened anywhere else than the UK. There was the claim about France and brown eyeliner Movie Stars, but my MOC Shady kind of disproves that so I'm not sure if it's regional or batch. But it *is* interesting.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
Yes, I can imagine! I remember looking everywhere for Gypsy. Somehow her advertisement much have reached Norway because I knew she excited. She was my grail pony (at 5 years old :lol:). Little did I know that she never was sold in Norway... Ah, the joy of childhood and the experience of not getting what you really, really want :cry:

I can confirm that at least the pearly baby sea ponies we had in their US poses. My childhood Ripple is facing up! ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Yes, I can imagine! I remember looking everywhere for Gypsy. Somehow her advertisement much have reached Norway because I knew she excited. She was my grail pony (at 5 years old :lol:). Little did I know that she never was sold in Norway... Ah, the joy of childhood and the experience of not getting what you really, really want :cry:

I can confirm that at least the pearly baby sea ponies we had in their US poses. My childhood Ripple is facing up! ;)

I had the same with Glory and Medley :'(
I wonder if Gypsy might have appeared in a comic or something over there? I know Finland had comics - did Norway? Unless you had ponies on Gypsy's card without it being Gypsy's set...I've seen a few Bow Ties on German versions of the Gypsy card so who knows at this point ><.

My childhood Ripple is of course the forward facing one, but I have a couple of that set on Dutch/French language card with the US artwork and they are the US release (Sunshower looking up and pearly Surf Rider I think). But I got told by someone in the Netherlands that the pearlies were not sold there...so that's confusing O.o. No idea what Hasbro thought they were doing with some of these sets ><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile

I had the same with Glory and Medley :'(
I wonder if Gypsy might have appeared in a comic or something over there? I know Finland had comics - did Norway? Unless you had ponies on Gypsy's card without it being Gypsy's set...I've seen a few Bow Ties on German versions of the Gypsy card so who knows at this point ><.

My childhood Ripple is of course the forward facing one, but I have a couple of that set on Dutch/French language card with the US artwork and they are the US release (Sunshower looking up and pearly Surf Rider I think). But I got told by someone in the Netherlands that the pearlies were not sold there...so that's confusing O.o. No idea what Hasbro thought they were doing with some of these sets ><

You know, I wondered several times if we did have comics and I don’t really know. When MLP was really huge I was still too young to actually read anything. I can’t really remember any comics and I haven’t seen any second-hand either. MLP wasn’t as huge as it was in other countries, so even though we did get a lot of merch, it wasn’t even close to what you had in the UK (a little jealous about that actually!).

Most of my pony knowledge came from the backcards, so me knowing about Gypsy could absolutely be from one of those. Either the backcards being mixed up, or some of my friends got a pony from the UK. Truth be told, it could really have been anything.

Sometimes, it seems like Hasbro was just shipping left-over stock all around and that’s why sometimes ponies show up where they shouldn’t be :huh: and being sold places they shouldn’t have been sold. It IS confusing! I am glad my main focus at the moment is Norway, or else I think my head would explode :blink: :lol:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
The last PC for Poppy put her between $200-250, that might not be accurate anymore though.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
The last PC for Poppy put her between $200-250, that might not be accurate anymore though.

Love pkw xxx

Oh, she is definitely the most expensive pony in my herd. She is a beauty though, all the Alt Birthflowers are :inlove: Thank you so much with all the help with prices! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal