collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Are Your Best Care Bear Memories?  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Are Your Best Care Bear Memories?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 08:08:29 PM »
When I was younger, I had one of the coolest Christmases ever.

I had become to really love the care bears. I had a small collection of 12" bears, cartoons, and a 3' Grumpy Bear. Then that Christmas my parents bought me every single one of the 2000's 8" care bears and care bear cousins. Each individually wrapped (some doubled up) and put under the tree! Now THAT was a cool Christmas!
I also got Noble Heart Horse and True Heart Bear a little later because they forgot to add them under the tree.

I still have all of them (except big grumpy) packed away in the attic. I hope to add them to my pony room much further in the future... when I actually have a pony room.

I am looking to get a 1980's Braveheart Lion plush at some point though!

Aw, sounds like awesome Christmases!  :)

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 11:53:31 PM »
I never got a Care Bear when I was little, my parents bought me Lego/Barbie and My Little Pony they didn't want to go on the bandwagon with everything that came out. But I do remember one Christmas we got with the whole family and friends to *Christmas Land* it was a big event hall turned into a big Christmas themed fair with rides and stuff. And the greatest thing they had....was a rebuild of the Cloud Castle!!!
Still I didn't get a Care Bear...but only a Helium filled balloon with a Care Bear on it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 05:33:01 PM »
going to see the movie  on the big screen...twice :D. getting my first care bears; posible cheer bear and cloud roller and my sister buying me miniature wish bear holding a wish born...i went everywhere with that.
oh and receiving the care-a-lot playset for christmas :biggrin:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 06:25:20 PM »
When I was younger, I had one of the coolest Christmases ever.

I had become to really love the care bears. I had a small collection of 12" bears, cartoons, and a 3' Grumpy Bear. Then that Christmas my parents bought me every single one of the 2000's 8" care bears and care bear cousins. Each individually wrapped (some doubled up) and put under the tree! Now THAT was a cool Christmas!
I also got Noble Heart Horse and True Heart Bear a little later because they forgot to add them under the tree.

I still have all of them (except big grumpy) packed away in the attic. I hope to add them to my pony room much further in the future... when I actually have a pony room.

I am looking to get a 1980's Braveheart Lion plush at some point though!

Sounds like you got a great Care Bear collection!
 ;)

Offline blazywazy110

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 06:24:36 AM »
When I was young I had a video tape called "The Care Bears Safety Game". I remember being so scared of what happened to the bears when they didn't follow the safety rules!

I've been trying to find it for FOR-EV-ER so I can have a nostalgia trip!

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 08:07:20 AM »
I loved watching the Care Bears movies when I was little! I think we had recorded them from TV. I got a plush 13" Funshine bear for Christmas when I was 3 or 4. I had one PVC- Tenderheart and a cloud car for the PVCs- I never did find that! I can remember winning a Care Bear comb and soap dish set at a church function :) And I also remember having a Cheer bear cherry flavored Chapstick!

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 10:09:09 AM »
Oh I have so many Care Bear memories from when I was little.  My paternal grandmother had the Grams bear plush and I would sleep with it when I stayed with her.  My aunt had all of the PVC minis and she kept them in a glass bowl in her china cabinet.  She let me play with them if I asked nicely.  I also had some of them along with 2 cases which I still have.  I also had 2 keychains and a porcelain Friend Bear (I think) that was holding a butterfly.  Me and my brothers each had stone Care Bears that my aunt had painted for us.  I wish I still had those.  I have no idea where they went.  One of my favorite stuffed animals was my Lots-a-Heart Elephant plush.  I even had a blue folding comb with a string that had Tenderheart (I think) on it.  Oh and I had a purple Care Bear suitcase that I always packed when I would stay somewhere.  Finally, I loved watching the movies.  My maternal gramma had the first one recorded which I watched over and over, and one of my friends had the second one on tape.  I requested to watch it whenever I was over at her house. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 10:51:50 PM »
All the years I spent with my Wish Bear until I was in my 20s when it accidentally got donated. Also had a Funshine Bear sleeping bag for a time when I was a kid. I also really enjoyed the cartoon. I still have an episode on a tape my grandmother recorded for me when I was 8 during a Disney Channel free preview weekend back before Disney Channel was automatically included with cable.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 03:17:21 AM »
Watching the movie with my younger brother, we both loved it so much. The one with the carnival, and the young magician who came across that evil book, ... can't remember the name.

That was my favourite too! The face in the book really creeped me out though!! But the Care Bear cousins were so cute!!

I love it when they all get together and point their tummies and the rainbows shoot out! I was always a little bit gutted I couldn't do that!!  :lol:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 07:02:20 AM »
Watching the movie with my younger brother, we both loved it so much. The one with the carnival, and the young magician who came across that evil book, ... can't remember the name.

That was my favourite too! The face in the book really creeped me out though!! But the Care Bear cousins were so cute!!

I love it when they all get together and point their tummies and the rainbows shoot out! I was always a little bit gutted I couldn't do that!!  :lol:

That's the first Care Bear movie...um Care Bears, The Movie...I think lol.  Also, that's the Care Bear Stare!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 07:45:35 AM »
Yeah! The Care Bear Stare!! That was awesome! One thing that ponies didn't have lol!

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 07:56:23 AM »
Ah Care Bears. I used to be quite the hardcore collector with the 2000's line untill there were just too many releases all the time. :P I had a moutain of plush, beanies, random merch, the figures and playsets, anything Wish Bear I could get my hands on, and just about every video I could find <3 I love the original 2 movies, though I never did see the Wonderland or Nutcracker films I plan to when I find them some time :P

Seeing this made me remember the early Dic animation cartoon I always wanted to watch, so I started watching that now and the 2 specials hehe :P

I'd love to share my collection, but it's currently with my family at the moment :)
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »
There was an episode in the series where the Bears go camping and get frightened with tales about a flying phantom lmao I remember that pretty well and the movies. The most memorable Care Bears gift I got in the 80s were little boxes of soap from the UK and had a bear on each soap in a nice display box. :) happy memories indeed

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2016, 02:14:54 PM »
My strongest memories are watching the movie (with the Care Bear cubs- soooo cute!!!), and of talking secret bear, which my sister had.

I can still hear his little voice: "I'm Secret Bear, can you keep a secret?" :heart:

And oh man I have some CUTE photos of us with CB merch, just need to find and photobucket them!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2016, 10:15:23 AM »
I went to see 'The Care Bears Movie' when it came out, (Didn't know there was then a TV series until adulthood), mum said she'd take me to the film as long as I didn't start asking for all the toys... The mini film before the main film was a lousy Strawberry Shortcake short film which broke down and everyone was booing the projectionist. Loved the film animation although a bit soppy! Ended up going to the toyshop afterwards and coming home with the Grumpy Bear with ice cream PVC mini! Then added to that were a Friend Bear PVC mini, the Friend bear poseable, and then for my Birthday I got a small soft toy Lovealot bear. Sold them when I got to Uni and Ebay was becoming famous, but then bought replacements back about 6 or 7 years ago!  (Later collected most minis and sold a whole load of soft toys on Ebay to fund other collections, but have friend's sister's Funshine bear now too, that's not going anywhere...)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal