collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93629 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #750 on: July 04, 2023, 05:21:49 PM »
I find AI interesting, but I don't think it will take over. We need more basic robots to do the jobs people shouldn't be doing.

sorry i meant to responds earlier and got sidetracked :huh:

i think AI is pretty interesting. i just don't like the way everything in tech is overhyped and AI is currently in a hype bubble. tech is always in this annoying "learn this now or be left behind" mentality and it's off putting. i do think AI is interesting as a research tool and i'm pretty in favor of automating dangerous and tedious jobs. i just worry that there will be no safety net for people who lose their jobs because of AI and automation. the attitude from a lot of the techfluencer/VC capital crowd seems to be that AI will make it so companies don't need many employees anymore so shareholders will make even more money. well where does that leave people who need a paycheck to pay bills?

the internet is already deteriorating from all of the layoffs and profiteering. companies trying to replace actual content creators with AI isn't going to make it better. i miss when the internet was full of fun weird things people built just because.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 05, 2023, 11:06:15 AM »
Fireworks are illegal in my city.  That being said, the law is not really enforced and many people ignore it and shoot fireworks inside the city limits anyway.  Noisemakers are legal and sold in stores inside the city limits. 

My family used our noisemakers between 5 and 6 last night.  They make a little bit of noise and some have confetti that comes out when you open them. 

Around 11:20 last night I was startled to see red lights outside my bedroom window.  At first I thought the front yard was on fire.  I went to the entryway and looked out the front door.  I could see some type of emergency vehicle but due to the darkness and the way the glass is cut on both the front and screen door, I couldn't tell exactly what it was.   I tried to check the security cameras, but when I looked, the emergency vehicle was gone.  I went back to my bedroom and stayed awake for a bit to be sure they were gone.

I checked the security cameras this morning and they got a clear shot of bright light coming out of someone's garage which means they were shooting fireworks in the garage or driveway.

My parents checked with our neighbors this morning and they said the emergency vehicle was a fire truck because their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors had gone off.  They also said the neighbors a couple of house down were throwing their own street party last night running up and down the street shooting fireworks.  My dad is convinced that the neighbors were retaliating and targeting our house on purpose but it's more likey that they didn't care about other people.  There are people living in that house that do drugs so I'm not surprised they would be running down the street not caring if they were disturbing others.  My dad said he heard fireworks until 3 am this morning that kept him awake.

My medical procedure is getting closer...

I also got a bill from the place I get the monthly shots from.  I know I should be happy this is the first bill I've gotten since I started going there, but I thought everything was covered between my insurance and the copay program I signed up for.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 11:17:28 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #752 on: July 05, 2023, 02:07:40 PM »
I find AI interesting, but I don't think it will take over. We need more basic robots to do the jobs people shouldn't be doing.
i just worry that there will be no safety net for people who lose their jobs because of AI and automation. the attitude from a lot of the techfluencer/VC capital crowd seems to be that AI will make it so companies don't need many employees anymore so shareholders will make even more money. well where does that leave people who need a paycheck to pay bills?

That's true. My personal answer to that is there are too many people. We can't (and shouldn't) sustain the population where it is. Less people means less demands for jobs. And with more robots doing the work, we can eventually reach a utopia. That's for another topic though.

the internet is already deteriorating from all of the layoffs and profiteering. companies trying to replace actual content creators with AI isn't going to make it better. i miss when the internet was full of fun weird things people built just because.

I agree with that. I remember, back in the 90s, a website design company that had interactive samples of the things they could do for your website. One of the things was this cool cursor following "swarm" that you could customize into different shapes and colors and control how many individual things were in the "swarm". Man, I played with that for hours :lol: I even wrote them an email and said how much fun their samples page was.

I'm sorry, Ponyfan :( I grew up in a town that had banned most fireworks too. We could play with sparklers, snakes (or cat tails, they have other names too) and snaps. That was about it. The city always put on a professional show by the lake though, so if you liked the fireworks, you could still get to see them.

In contrast, everything is legal here in Florida. Even big professional bundles of fireworks are sold at Walmart.

I used to like them as a kid, but now I find them annoying and I don't like what they do to pets and local wildlife.

I know you are worried about your medical stuff :hug:

My complaint is I almost saw a dog fight today. Dogs are allowed in the apartments if they are under a certain weight. I don't know what the weight is but there are some bigger dogs I see. Lots of bull mixes too. Now, I know the owner is mostly to blame for pitbulls and mixes going after other dogs BUT the breed was bred to be dog and small animal aggressive, and is still being used that way in parts of the world. So, I think if you get a pitbull mix or any other "baiter" dogs, you should be trained how to properly handle them around other dogs, animals and kids.

That said...

This lady was walking her pit mix when my neighbor came out with her old dog, also a mix, but he looks more lab than anything. He's very old and they have to walk him with a sling to hold up his back legs. He is a very sweet dog. Anyway, as soon as they rounded the corner, this other lady's dog went nuts, got away from her and came barreling at the old dog. I was watching outside my bedroom window and was so panicked. The neighbor lady kept putting herself between her dog and the pit mix, but he was barking and running around trying to get at the old dog. Finally, the lady that had the pit mix came and tried to grab her dog but he ran away and kept coming back in by the old dog very aggressively. I was watching this, wanting to help but I knew there wasn't anything I could do from the second story and by the time I got down there, it would be over. So finally the pit mix owner got ahold of the collar and got her dog to sit. I think she was trying to apologize, but the old dog's owner you could tell just wanted the other dog away from her.

The pit mix lady went back the way she came with her hand on the collar and my neighbor walked back the other way too. I wouldn't be surprised if she just took her dog back inside. He was probably so confused and afraid.

Again, I know it was the owners fault for not being able to control her dog. I'm just glad it was unsure of itself because I know if it REALLY wanted to kill that other dog, it would have gotten a hold of him.

Also, I haven't seen the loose cat in a long time. Last time I saw him he was wearing a collar. I hope maybe someone picked him up and is keeping him inside.

I was in one of my Facebook cat groups and this lady posted about her 3 year old Bengal being hit by a car. She said she has a catio but "it wasn't big enough for him, he wanted to roam" and I was so upset. It is no one but the owner's fault when cats are allowed outside and things like that happen. Cats do not need to wander and are happier, healthier and safer indoors!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #753 on: July 07, 2023, 10:33:43 AM »
Me again! Stupid, lazy Fed-Ex drivers! What is up with them?! How many times do I have to call and complain!?

Once again, they left a package at the bottom of my stairs. I have no idea what it even is, the only things I'm expecting are my PSU and I bought a new corded mouse. It is neither of those. But now I have to go down and get it and haul it back up!

edit: a while later - I still haven't gone to get the box. I just wanted to add that after I wrote this post I decided to heat up some mini homemade quesadillas and WHILE I HELD THE OIL SPLATTER GUARD IN MY HAND ....I got hit in the face with hot oil!  >_<  -_-  :pout:

Put the splatter guard ON THE PAN.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 11:27:00 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 07, 2023, 03:29:02 PM »
I'm sorry you got hit with hot oil in the face, BC. :hug:

I called the number on my bill today to try to find out why they said I owed money for that shot, but the guy I talked to said that's what I owed and there was no mistake. I also checked on the copay card program through the website and there's still some money left on the copay card (not as much as when it started because a lot of it has been used, but some.)

I'm supposed to get a shot once a month, but I was told I could have 2 in June, because June had 5 weeks in it. Due to my medical procedure, it was the only time I could get that shot. I really hope either the insurance or the copay program covers it.  The shots are really expensive.

Ponyfan

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #755 on: July 08, 2023, 10:05:26 AM »

I was in one of my Facebook cat groups and this lady posted about her 3 year old Bengal being hit by a car. She said she has a catio but "it wasn't big enough for him, he wanted to roam" and I was so upset. It is no one but the owner's fault when cats are allowed outside and things like that happen. Cats do not need to wander and are happier, healthier and safer indoors!

Thank you! I keep my cats indoors, and walk outside with one on the leash and neither are feeling bad for it, but i've seen so many conversations latetly that say indoorcats are animalcruelty and it makes me so sad. I think it's cruel to let them roam, get into fights, get locked inside storage, garages, getting hurt by cars, other animals and humans..But people say "at least the ones who die outside dies happy". It makes my blood boil. Someone who said that on a cat group work at the goverment watching over animal wellfare.. it chocked me.

Horrible about the dogs btw..  There should be a license to own a dog.

My complaint was about not being able to get to page two of the Arena interview with goddessofpeep, page one and three went alright but not the middle page, but now it works so I can drool over the pictures again.

Also, I'm dead bored.. Usually when staying over night at the hotel, we get here late and leave early, but we came so early today and leave late tomorrow.. it's raining outside so no weather to walk in either.. I didn't bring my raincoat as it was sunny back home. I brought my laptop so I could watch Netflix or Disney+ but don't feel like it.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 08, 2023, 02:20:46 PM »
I saw a badger today that had been killed by a car.  :sad:  I got really sad about this. I really hope that there were no puppies left anywhere to wait for the mother's return..
:zzz:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #757 on: July 08, 2023, 04:09:31 PM »
On AI, I'm in the camp that it could easily take over humanity, because humanity has largely stopped thinking for itself already.

As for the internet, it was ruined the moment the mainstream stopped looking down their noses at it as something weird and geeky, and colonised it with their influencers and social media and fake news junk.

@Ponyfan, that sucks. I swear, I do not understand the US insurance system, but live in fear of that being brought in here eventually. The poor NHS is struggling under the weight of Tory incompetence.

In the UK you have to have a licence to own a dog. I wish you also had to undergo some kind of training course on how to manage them, because I get so fed up with badly trained and hyperactive dogs when out walking (or literally everywhere in north wales, what is with that? Why are you able to just walk into stores with your dog and nobody comments up there?)

Dogs now have more rights than humans do. It's a fact.

My complaint for today.

I spent the last few days in Wales. This is not a complaint! But the train back. Well. I think I might as well have spent 3 and a half hours in a creche, given the kid screaming, kid running around behaviour...

At least I wasn't forced to change trains multiple times like I did on the train out. It's meant to be a direct service. Let's just say that on Wednesday, it wasn't. :/

« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 04:16:46 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #758 on: July 09, 2023, 06:20:55 AM »
That train ride sounds horrible :crazy:

My complaint this morning is a headache. My whole skull is throbbing. I've taken some generic Excedrin.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 09, 2023, 03:15:21 PM »
Pretty sure Back to the Future: The Musical is going to be announcing their cast change tomorrow (some of the cast have already confirmed they're moving on) and I'm not ready  :cry: I'm still not over the last one.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #760 on: July 10, 2023, 08:12:20 AM »
i think some of the dust from the hazy days we had a while back got in the house. it's way dustier than usual. i've been sneezing a lot. i did some dusting but i need to do more. there's even dust in spots that don't normally get dusty.

i changed the A/C filters so hopefully that helps. i also need to vacuum and run the roomba. it's been a while since i vacuumed my office. it's cramped because it's an office/guest room/pony room so it's hard to vacuum in here.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 10, 2023, 03:35:56 PM »
I feel like everytime I've wanted to do something today, I've had to take care of something else first.  I feel like it's been a never ending  string of phone calls and other stuff going on today.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #762 on: July 10, 2023, 09:37:34 PM »
I'm trying to list the rest of my ponies on eBay now that I'm back on my PC. It went down just now. Won't come back up. I keep getting a "global error". I've got like five ponies left.... c'mon man.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 11, 2023, 06:10:19 AM »
I didn't try Ebay yesterday, but I know several sites were targeted including Archive of our Own.

The following is going to be long...

My medical procedure looms ever closer. I've known this for months.  Last night even though I tried (although watching part of a disaster movie right before trying to go to sleep probably wasn't a good idea)  I couldn't sleep.  I finally woke my mom up after hours of being awake with my thoughts hoping that talking to her would help calm me down and let me get a few hours of sleep.

I've already gone to the hospital for the pre procedure stuff and given them a list of my medications.  I'm the type of person that follows instructions to the letter. I won't even go out an entrance if there's another way clearly marked exit (assuming it's not the same entrance for both)  I went over my medications with the intake nurse and she told me what I needed to stop taking before the procedure. Before I started the next step in the process I specially asked the nurse if it was okay to continue taking my allergy pill.  I explained how the dr had written the prescription for the generic version (so the insurance would pay part of the cost) and that I was currently taking the over the counter version because my prescription for the generic had run out and I'm really close to my next drs visit.  The nurse told me it was okay since my doctor had originally prescribed the generic version. I don't need the allergy pill all of the time anyway, but when I need it, I do.  Now I'm worried that maybe the nurse didn't understand my question or what I was asking.  I know she's the professional and deals with dozens of people everyday brining lists of meds, but I worry that maybe she told me the wrong information by mistake and it might be questioned on procedure day.  I cannot have the procedure rescheduled.  I tried googling, but it's no help because a lot of stuff contradicts what the nurse said and nothing comes up from the hospital I'm having the procedure done at.  I tried to make it a few days without the allergy pill, but last night I felt symptoms returning most likely due to a change in the weather, so I took an allergy pill. Believe me, if the nurse had said to stop taking it for a week, I would have done so.

My mom says to stop googling stuff about my procedure because it's not helpful and always gives the worst case scenario. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 06:28:38 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #764 on: July 11, 2023, 06:30:33 AM »
I didn't know there was a cyber attack going on. That sucks. I haven't tried eBay yet today.

Ponyfan :hug: I'm sure everything will be fine.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal