collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: why wont :muffin: Pony work??????????????  (Read 3235 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: why wont Drama Pony work??????????????
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:02 AM »
I think all ponies should have fun nicknames. It can be like a scavenger hunt each month to find the pony with the new nickname.

I personally want Mimic to be "Pea Soup".

omg, THIS! That would be amazing.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:42 AM »
waaaait what? Really? There is a filter on her name? Like if I type it right now it filters and changes it? How? How does that work?

.... really? like really really? (I am trying to get caught up with all the technology so it blows my mind when I see stuff like this)

Drama Pony... Drama Pony hooves? The little gray colored cross eyed pony? hmmmmm weird.

OH WOW IT TOTALLY DOES!!!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 06:30:40 AM »
It wasn't always filtered to be drama pony.  I think the filter used to make it Ditzy but now it's drama pony.  I'm not 100% sure on that one, but I think it's so the site wasn't showing preference to one side of the argument or the other.  They were not showing preference with 'fan name' or 'alternative fan name'. 

Is that it?
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 06:49:22 AM »
I personally like "Bubbles" (as she was called on the Hot Topic ordering page) or "Gray Bubble Pony" better than "Drama Pony".
This. I wish she at least had a more neutral filter like Bubbles or Grey Pegasus.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 06:58:55 AM »
but that people are giving her a hard time when it was Rainbow Dash being a rude A-hole.  Drama Pony was just being clumsy but Rainbow Dash yelled at her like she was an incompetent moron.

Okay, let me just restate my previous thought in a different way because a lot of us are adults round here.

The mods and adults who take care of the MLParena are not mad or being mean to a fictional pony / toy pony.

This really has not got anything to do with what happens on a cartoon. It has everything to do with humans being unable to agree and making it difficult for everyone to get along. It is the uncivil attitude that is being created over ONE pony that is causing the problem.

So let me restate the previous statement. Stop sweating the small stuff. Just because you cannot at this time type ONE ponies name the way you want to type it doesn't change your love for the pony or anyone feeling about the pony.

The censor of the name is not physically or mentally hurting anyone.

There are literally thousands of MLP to love, one pony should not be the whole reason everyone has a meltdown and frankly not being able to type her name does not change anything about the pony. The mods are attempting to stop the flame/drama wars that have been going on.

And the fact that Rainbow Dash was mean to another pony on the cartoon has nothing to do with this situation. The mods on this forum are trying to keep things civil between the humans, not the fictional ponies.

It's not a pony problem, it's a human problem.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 07:24:23 AM »
I always wondered who you were all talking about, boy I need to open up my eyes!!!!!!!  LOL

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 07:32:22 AM »
I think it's "Drama Pony" so it's obvious it's a filter.  And because it's funny.  ;)

If it were "Ditzy Doo" I think we'd see even more "Why does it say Ditzy Doo?  I know I didn't type Ditzy Doo, I typed Ditzy Doo!  OMG, what happened, it did it again!"

Personally I like the name Bubblecup but it's not the most widely known and if it were filtered to that I think a lot of people would be even more confused.

The original name is filtered because a lot of people find it hurtful.  You can agree or disagree that it's hurtful, but it's a FACT that the arguments over the name got out of control every. single. time. and ended up getting so many threads locked.  Personally I'm glad it's filtered so we only have Drama Pony instead of TEH DRAMAZ.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 07:34:13 AM »
If it was filtered to Bubbles then people may get her confused with G1 Bubbles :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 07:39:05 AM »
@DancingPhoenix:  I love this idea.  I think it would be cool if it worked in reverse too, like when someone types "pea soup," it gets filtered to "Mimic."

Xiaolin Showdown: 
Original:  "You expect me to trade my soul for pea soup?!"
Filtered:  "You expect me to trade my soul for Mimic?!"

Harry Potter PoA: 
Original:  "Hey, if you get the pea soup, make sure you eat it before it eats you!"
Filtered:  "Hey, if you get the Mimic, make sure you eat it (her) before it (she) eats you!"
XD

@Karen:  Oh, I know.  In no way was I implying that the mods were enforcing their own opinions, and I'm sorry if it came off that way.  I know that they're trying to keep the peace and nothing more.  What gets to me is that before "The Last Roundup," some used her name and others didn't, and there was a decent (not perfect) amount of peace then because it was to each his/her own.  Then after that episode, people had a complete fit, and the pony in question did nothing to incite it.  That's all I meant.

I don't mind it being filtered, but I too wish it could be changed to something more... appropriate, perhaps?  G4 Bubbles?  Mailmare?  Muffin Queen?  Special Eyes?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:46:37 AM by ApertureScience »

Offline juliepinetree

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 07:45:55 AM »
And here I thought Rarity was the drama pony of the group...LOL.  It's just a cartoon why should we worry over any of this. 

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 07:56:49 AM »
I don't think the issue is that the name is filtered but rather what it's filtered to. I get that it was filtered originally because people found her actual name hurtful, but i have to say, it's not exactly nice having her name changed to drama pony. I don't know about others, but when i type her name and that comes up it makes me feel in the wrong, like i shouldn't be talking about her which is not great as she's my fave pony.

As for the random pony name filter, that could totally be a game :D Find the pony that has had her name filtered to something random each week lol

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 08:16:23 AM »
I would like it if she were filtered to Bubbles. If there's any confusion, we could just call her G4 Bubbles. At least that's friendly and cute and everybody would know who we were talking about. Drama Pony is not a good name for her. I'm sure that nobody likes that. It's a shame. I feel sorry for poor Bubbles. She didn't ask for any of this and it's not fair to brand her with it.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 08:21:35 AM »
And here I thought Rarity was the drama pony of the group...LOL.  It's just a cartoon why should we worry over any of this. 

Because people apparently need Drama...pony.

Pretend she's a superhero and her alternate ego is Dramapony so nobody will recognize her.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline SquarePeg

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 08:23:04 AM »
I don't understand why anyone would feel sorry for her/guilty for using the 'wrong' name/defensive of her; she's not sentient.  It's like feeling sorry for a bedside lamp.

*gives Karen a high-5 and a stiff drink*

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 08:36:09 AM »
She's called drama pony because in 10 years of the arena being around there is nothing that has caused the amount of drama the grey pony has :drunk:

Anyway I think it's best to keep in mind she is a toy from a fictional cartoon, she's a drawing on a piece of paper or on a computer.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal