collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: g1 pony find in a weird place? yes please!!!  (Read 1941 times)

appleponygal

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: g1 pony find in a weird place? yes please!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
That's so cool! What a lucky find!  Beautiful church too. I find abandoned buildings fascinating, I dont' go around them much but love seeing them. :)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 04:31:16 PM »
Wow, that's so odd and interesting!

I would LOVE to explore some abandoned buildings. Especially abandoned churches, hospitals, and prisons. Oh, but that's the ghost hunter in me wanting to do that. :P  But I've always wanted to do it, just have no one to do it with.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

StarGleamer

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 02:48:15 AM »

I would LOVE to explore some abandoned buildings. Especially abandoned churches, hospitals, and prisons. Oh, but that's the ghost hunter in me wanting to do that. :P  But I've always wanted to do it, just have no one to do it with.

Ive been doing this since I was 14 (28 now), but i usually lacked a sense of direction, the courage and people to go with. Now theres a whole online community for it but that has spawned SO much drama... its hard to find people you can trust to do it with. I've been a lot of places but its kind of like collecting ponies, all the great stuff is in other countries and theres something new being discovered every day.

I believe that back in 2004 a group of explorers found that warehouse of MOC Argentinian ponies. I may be wrong but I think thats the story is that it was abandoned, they were like hmm wonder if these things are worth money and it turns out they were! The community usually frowns upon "stealing" and these guys may not have really stolen them but I'm not above taking things from rotting buildings. I mean if i hadnt found this... no one else would have and it would have been destroyed along with the building

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »
That is crazy they just left everything behind like that. Not even in boxes or anything. Congrats on your find. Your pictures are so great. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 05:21:10 AM »

Ive been doing this since I was 14 (28 now), but i usually lacked a sense of direction, the courage and people to go with. Now theres a whole online community for it but that has spawned SO much drama... its hard to find people you can trust to do it with. I've been a lot of places but its kind of like collecting ponies, all the great stuff is in other countries and theres something new being discovered every day.

I believe that back in 2004 a group of explorers found that warehouse of MOC Argentinian ponies. I may be wrong but I think thats the story is that it was abandoned, they were like hmm wonder if these things are worth money and it turns out they were! The community usually frowns upon "stealing" and these guys may not have really stolen them but I'm not above taking things from rotting buildings. I mean if i hadnt found this... no one else would have and it would have been destroyed along with the building

Wow an old abandoned Argie pony warehouse? Now THAT would be a dream come true.. I would of taken a few big boxes full of MOCs and removed a box full of MOC's, opened them up and displayed them, but keep the other boxes of ponies in MOC. I mean they would have PROBABLY just been thrown out anyway! Wow my dreams are so shattered because that'll never happen. Not many ol' abandon buildings in Australia. Not toy ones that is. x_x

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »
Oh my gosh I would love to go to an abandoned church, set up a microphone and listen to how cool it sounds with the echo and me singing. Nice find though! If I wasn't in Australia, I would totally come with you on your trips.. I love love love old buildings.

All three of us need to be in the same area so we can all go together!  Lol, and singing is a great idea.  Flower Duet in abandon church?  Oh yes please.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »
How cool!  On all accounts...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

StarGleamer

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »

Wow an old abandoned Argie pony warehouse? Now THAT would be a dream come true.. I would of taken a few big boxes full of MOCs and removed a box full of MOC's, opened them up and displayed them, but keep the other boxes of ponies in MOC. I mean they would have PROBABLY just been thrown out anyway! Wow my dreams are so shattered because that'll never happen. Not many ol' abandon buildings in Australia. Not toy ones that is. x_x

haha theres not a ton of abandoned anything in Australia is right! I'm not 100% on that story as I heard it back on 04 so it may not be true BUT I wouldnt be surprised. You have no IDEA what some places just totally leave behind. Business forecloses and they want nothing to do with it anymore so anything left in there rots. The argie ponies had A LOT of water damaged cards so the story seems pretty legit. I tried to find any abandoned toy distributors or stores when I first started doing this but with no luck :(

These days the only luck Id have is in an old house .... and like I said I have found stuff. I've gotten a few 80s toys that way :)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 07:37:32 AM »
I found a lot of junk in a burned down store once.  It was a huge tourist beach store and was full of everything you don't need at the beach like keychains, shot glasses, shell necklaces, plastic fish, and all sorts of silly novelties.  But everything was also very burned up or destroyed by water and there really wasn't anything I would have wanted anyway. 

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »
another abandoned building lover here (also 28 :P and also a wannabe photographer - only wannabe, as I don't have the money to afford a proper camera... yet!)! *waves* it is lovely to see there are some of us around :hug: the longer abandoned, the better. I especially love those bulidings that have already been half claimed back by nature, with flowers growing out of the floor and trees standing on top of blocks of flats. my dream destination is Pripyat, I would love to go there for my honeymoon (but my boyfriend protests -_- ).

congrats on your odd pony find!

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »
What a beautiful building! It's like time froze. and to find a nursery there - bizarre! I would have gone crazy going through the basement thrift store too. I recovered an old art-deco cabinet from a shed on an abandoned property only a few days back as it has a demolition order on it.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 03:26:58 PM »
That's a real shame considering the city could at least try to make a profit of stripping the church down first.  Stained glass pieces go for a LOT of money as well as the fixtures and molding details.  The lumber itself could be recycled.
Awesome find by the way.  Urban exploration is super cool stuff. :D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:29:03 PM by elvenwine26 »
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal