collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 553
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: "Name your price"  (Read 702 times)

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
"Name your price"
« on: September 10, 2013, 09:15:38 PM »
So, at Target today we ran across an Octavia plushie. Nothing special, just the one we've all seen before. My girls love her so I picked her up to put her away for a future surprise. When I take her to the register, she doesn't scan, isn't even in the system.  The manager asks me if I saw her price and I told her I did not. I truly did not know her price.

So, they say, "What do you want to pay for her?"

What would YOU have said? For real... I know most people aren't going to say 1 cent or whatever.

Name your price.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: "Name your price"
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »
I for one haven't seen her here yet, nor do I know if she is even available in Canada, however if that had been me, I probably would've said $10, I really want one of her lol

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 09:25:08 PM »
I for one haven't seen her here yet, nor do I know if she is even available in Canada, however if that had been me, I probably would've said $10, I really want one of her lol
This is what I was thinking, depending on size. Middle $10, little one probably $5, huuuuuge one the size of a small child more like $20-25. Just a guess!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 09:45:44 PM »
My little sister picked on up for me just the other day, and it also wouldn't scan at the register. I had told her over the phone they should be less than $2 (I remember because I was so shocked the other day when I went there looking for them at how cheap they were!), so when the cashier asked her she said she couldn't remember if it was $1.79 or $1.99...cashier ran it up as $1.79 ^_^

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 12:55:20 AM »
I have no idea. I guess it depends. I'm not a g4 or plush pony collector, so I guess, $5. Although I wouldn't personally pay that. Not sure on that one.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 01:50:54 AM »
Ugh...I am pathetically guilt ridden. I would probably have marched back to the shelf and checked the price or just randomly gone with £5 for a small one or £10 for a larger one as that seems about right. As much as I would love the bargain and certainly know the supermarket could afford one, I am telling you that Octavia would look at me squinty eyed for the rest of my days if I deliberately asked for her cheaper :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 01:59:26 AM »
guestimated.... hmmm 5 to 10$ usually. so i think i would have said 7$

so are you gonna tell how much you paid?
*dying from anticipation*

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 02:09:24 AM »
I would have smiled back at the employee and asked:

"What can I get her for?"  LOL!  But wait, Target has Octavias?  Was she the tiny one or the mid-size?  I had my husband crawling through Walmarts within a 50-mile radius to get her, haha!

pineapple

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 05:18:50 AM »
10" Octavia is a Wal-Mart exclusive, which is probably why she wouldn't scan! I've seen a few pictures lately of wally world exclusive labelled stuff on a Target shelf, I assume there was a shipping mix up somewhere + bored/disinterested employees.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: \"Name your price\"
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 06:04:14 AM »
I would offer $10 :)

Post Merge: September 11, 2013, 06:04:42 AM

Ugh...I am pathetically guilt ridden. I would probably have marched back to the shelf and checked the price or just randomly gone with £5 for a small one or £10 for a larger one as that seems about right. As much as I would love the bargain and certainly know the supermarket could afford one, I am telling you that Octavia would look at me squinty eyed for the rest of my days if I deliberately asked for her cheaper :P

:lmao:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 06:58:57 AM »
5 if she was the mid-size. Target's a giant corporation, they won't miss the 5 bucks. :P

Besides yeah, I think she's supposed to be at a Wal-Mart anyway...so they're getting free money.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 10:27:17 AM »
That must be happening a lot!   I bought a mini plush Octavia last night. The shelf tag said $5.99 , but she rang up in the system as only $4!!  I thought she was on sale, but now looking at the receipt, it says "Miscellaneous Merchandise".  She must've not been in the system when someone before me bought her, and they keyed her in there as a generic item.    Whenever that happens to me, I go back and show them where I got the item from. 

Once, at an extremely busy Walmart, I went back to the toy aisle and took a pic of the tag and bar code   :P   I'm with Hathorcat. Even if I gave an honest guess, I would always wonder if I cheated a business out of something  :P   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:31:35 AM by ashlyne »

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 12:07:17 PM »
So, at Target today we ran across an Octavia plushie. Nothing special, just the one we've all seen before. My girls love her so I picked her up to put her away for a future surprise. When I take her to the register, she doesn't scan, isn't even in the system.  The manager asks me if I saw her price and I told her I did not. I truly did not know her price.

So, they say, "What do you want to pay for her?"

What would YOU have said? For real... I know most people aren't going to say 1 cent or whatever.

Name your price.

$10, because that's the price, lol.  If it was priced wrong, different story, but if I know I'd feel weird lying about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal