collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone still undecided about what to do for thier SO for Valentine's Day?  (Read 3963 times)

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone still undecided about what to do for thier SO for Valentine's Day?
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 08:56:36 AM »
I'm in that same boat of not knowing what to do for my husband. I've been unemployed for several years so I don't actually have access to money unless I ask him for the money, so then he knows what I want to get him. My answer to Valentine's day the last couple years has been dried meat products. Two years ago I had a little bit of pocket change so I bought him a dozen long Slim Jims, tied a huge red ribbon around them and made a bouquet. And last year I took the big heart shaped chocolate box he had given me the year before and filled it with various beef jerky. 

I want to try to stay away from the meat products this year so I'm stuck. I am planning on making a heart shaped mocha brown cake with irish cream frosting, but it won't be a surprise like I would like since he needs to buy the ingredients or give me the money. And I noticed my heart shaped cake pans are missing. I don't know what that man keeps doing with my baking pans but I'm getting tired of them disappearing. Lol!

I might try to nudge him in the direction of a really great sushi bar this weekend and catch the Deadpool movie since he seems interested in that. He has jury duty all week and was concerned that he me might be sequestered, so he let it slip that I would be having a very Minty Valentine's Day. Appearently he was worried I would go crazy staring at the boxes piling up on the kitchen table this week if he got sequestered. Lol!
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »
I think making food is always a sweet thing. I'd do that if I had more time. :) I'm gunna do nothing though, because it's not that important to him.

(^^; me , I like stuff... especially sweets like macarons and cookies.. but.. yeah, oh well. I gave up on that.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 09:27:57 AM »
I was thinking of cooking dinner and baking a nice dessert for Sunday, but that's about it.

I actually think we're going to see Deadpool on that day with our friends, lol But that'll be earlier in the day.

My husband and I have been together for 10 years and Valentine's Day was always "meh" for us (I'm very much the type of person that thinks this day is stupid), but this is our first Valentine's Day as a married couple, so I guess that means I can do something nice for him. :P And rather than buy him something, I figured food would definitely make him happy- it always does! Then we can cuddle on the couch and watch our normal Sunday shows/play video games. The usual.

Then we'll go out on Monday to buy some discounted chocolate! We both have Monday off, woooo!
Instagram / Want List

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »
I want to bake something and make something small but im not sure if ill be able to this year.

we will see.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 11:54:07 AM »
I know my guy wants to go out for dinner, our original pick is closed on Sundays. And I promptly got sick getting home from Florida :( Sore throat and fancy food is a no go for me.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »
Me and my husband are just going out for dinner together. I may end up baking some cookies.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 06:52:50 PM »
I don't have a SO but I've never liked Valentine's day as a romantic holiday (even when I had a SO) For me it's always been about showing my friends I love them xD

So when I was in school I would bring yellow roses for my friends, or Id make them little gifts. Now everyone I know lives all over the world, so it's a little harder. I usually just make them personalized art that I can share with them online. :)

I did enjoy making snacks for my sons class parties, but now that he's in Jr.High, I don't get to do that anymore. I tried to convince him to let me make "just a few" cookies for his close friends. xD But I guess he's a little embarrassed about it rofl. SO no special Valentine's treats this year. boohoo
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 06:55:06 PM by True »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 05:47:24 AM »
That sounds nice!  I think a home cooked meal and/or dessert is thoughtful and budget friendly!

My husband is getting a baby girl the following day so I think I'm covered this year!  :P

I agree! :heart:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 12:06:34 PM »
We kind of had a nice dinner tonight and tomorrow we're going to the movies. I kind of like having Valentines not on Valentine, lol.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 09:12:34 PM »
Nothing this year. I'm stuck in China and he is in Boston. But I have to go home for my sister's wedding which is Memorial Day weekend. We will spend the night in the hotel she is having the wedding in (stupid room cost $300  :cry: -_-). A few days later I have to return to China to finish up my teaching contract.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 12:40:20 AM »
We don't do Valentine's Day. :)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 04:08:37 AM »
Thank you everyone! I think we're going down the route of not doing it, I'm not really feeling it so going to go with my instincts. Open everyone has a lovely day!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »
I want to go out for steak. Or pancakes. Maybe both.

That's so funny, because that's what I told hubby I wanted to do(except for the going out part).  I told him I wanted to stay home all day and have pancakes for breakfast and steak for dinner and that's what we did :)

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 09:11:14 AM »
I ended up buying a last minute bucket of chocolate ice cream. I think I pitched it about right :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal