collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Littlest Pet Shop Ebay Auction Buyer problem  (Read 4154 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Littlest Pet Shop Ebay Auction Buyer problem
« on: December 05, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »
I need some help from the LPS folks - I sold this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261133449124&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

I am 100% sure most of them are LPS - since they came from my collection. Only 4 of them are not LPS - which if folks could read the description I have it listed as followed:

This auction is for a loose collection of littlest pet shop animals and accessories. 14 Littlest Pet shop animals, plus 4 other like animals, plus 20 accessories.

I got this email today from the buyer:
Dear karentheunicorn,

I received my package today, and was a little disappointed, as NONE of the animals are STAMPED with the LPS seal. Are the animals actual littlest pet shop characters, or just a knock off. Will be waiting for your reply! Have a nice day!!

I don't know what she means by stamped, I've been collecting LPS since they first came out. I'm not a super serious collector I generally just buy the ones I think are cute. I'm also a out of box collector so I don't pay a lot of attention to if they do or do not have stamps. I know that I purchased all these pets and 14 of them are LPS 4 of them are not.

Here is the message I sent back:

Hi, I'm so sorry you are disappointed.

I went back to look at the auction and how I have it listed. If you could go back to the auction and read the description you will see I do have it listed that a few of them are not LPS.

The following is how I have the auction description listed: This auction is for a loose collection of littlest pet shop animals and accessories. 14 Littlest Pet shop animals, plus 4 other like animals, plus 20 accessories.

If you will notice I have it listed 'plus 4 other like animals' - I did not think I needed more description since I assumed most collectors of LPS generally know a LPS when they see it and I do have closeup images of the pets on the auction page.

I purchased all the LPS pets myself, they did not randomly come from anywhere other than my LPS collection. I am an out of box collector so these pets are some of the doubles I have purchased over the years I have been collecting. Since I am thinning down my LPS collection I just put them all in a lot together.

If you go back to the auction page and take a look at the photo I can tell you exactly who the 4 are who are not LPS. The non-LPS are all on the right side of the photo, they are as followed: the black whale, the blue fish/dolphin to the right of the whale. The two far right dogs (one blue and one white).

All the other pets in the auction are LPS.

Again, I'm really sorry you are disappointed but I did have it listed in the description and I can assure you that the rest of the pets are LPS.

So the help I am looking for is confirmation from the LPS folks, to explain the stamping info that the buyer is talking about. The think is I know these are LPS but I don't quite know how I can prove to her since the pets are now in her posession.

And if I have a problem was my description in the auction enough to cover me?
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Littlest Pet Shop Ebay Auction Buyer problem
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »
I used to collect some of the newer LPS like the ones you sold on ebay and I beleive what the buyer is referring to is this:

I have noticed that some pets have the letters LPS written somewhere on their bodies. It is pretty tiny but still noticeable. However I am not sure when that stamp started be put on pets. I looked at your ad and your pets do not look like knockoffs so I am not sure what your buyers issue is.

I hope this helps

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:49:18 PM »
I am not a LPS collector but I do have a few.

The older LPS pets with the magnets do not appear to have LPS brand stamps on them. I have a genuine cat here in hand (purchased at retail in a shop) with a magnet in its foot and there is no branding on it anywhere apart from a tiny "© 2007 Hasbro. China" printed on its tail.

If the pets in your lot have magnets in them then they are most likely genuine but older. Especially if you bought them at retail.

Relay this information to your buyer. If she started buying LPS only recently they hers will have stamps on them, I'm guessing.
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »
Wow, that was fast, I got a responds:

Hello, again~
I certainly didn't mean to affend you in any way. I thought the genuine pcs. had to be stamped, on the back of their head the
LPS signature. I must have been misinformed. I am able to read, and I was aware that you had non-LPS parts included, as stated
on your discription. Again, please accept my appologies. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 02:46:16 AM »
I am glad she got back to you with an apology. And is now a more informed buyer.

As I find newer collectors in anything LPS, ponies, Monster High, whatever are sometimes misinformed or do not do their homework before making purchases. She probably just assumed since she purchased newer pets and they had that stamp, that all pets had that.  Which as BluePhoenix mentioned the older pets have magnets to interact with the playsets, just like G3 Ponies had a magnet to interact with the playsets.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 06:41:31 AM »
Looks like all may be okay. As others have said, newer LPS are stamped but the older may not be. Hasbro started doing that to distinguish from knock-offs. I do see some possible Bratz toys on the far right of your pic: the 2 sea animals and the 2 dogs. The rest look like LPS to me.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal