collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your dreams?  (Read 759 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your dreams?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2014, 11:07:48 AM »
Or even more of a stretch: being Captain Janeway. (Yes, I'm thinking of you, Skeen. LOL)

OMG I WAS GOING TO POST THAT!  I have that eyebrow thing and caffeine addiction DOWN, man. 

But for reals though I want to be an astronaut.  There's just that "I'm embarrassingly poor at math" issue to worry about.  And if not an astronaut, I'd like to do something with forensics. 

Or be Captain Janeway, whatevs.

Offline unluckyrabbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Ponies have taken over my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2014, 11:55:42 AM »
I want to be able to get into an animation school.Maybe work for Disney or another big animation company.And if that doesn't work out I could always start a cute my little pony cafe that has food based on ponies ,a small pony display and stuff.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »
I want to open my own private school.
...and I will be your secretary. We've got this, LOL. It will be awesome.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 03:06:28 PM »
I just want my own house in the country some day, and to raise giant silkworm moths as a hobby. Also I want to write stories for fun.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 03:42:24 PM »
I want to be able to do (or not do!) and eat whatever I want - and still have all the benefits of doing aerobics three times a week.

squishy turdl

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »
My big dream was to quit my very well paying career and become a tattooist. Basically getting paid nothing for the first 18 Months, no guarantee of success or the ability to support myself financially.

After 5 years of dreaming, I took the plunge. It was one of the scariest things I ever did. But 3 years later, I like to think Im quite successful and customers have to go on a waitlist for months and months to see me.. I almost cant believe it myself...

Dreams come true, you just need to accept the worst and do it. 

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2014, 04:15:49 PM »
I'd like to own a small property back in Australia and be semi-self sufficiant and also run it as a wildlife rehabilitation centre. 

Only thing currently stopping me is money.  I have done LOTS of wildlife rehab courses and rehabilitated and raised lots of different Australian Animals.  I have a degree in Zoology.  And while currently I live in a tiny appartment, I have lived on farms too.

So it's that danged money now.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »
My dream is to be an amazing artist, which I work pretty hard at and I've come a long way already. I want my art published in something.

Other dreams:
To own a home, to get my degree, have a career, and to travel to many different countries.

Really want all of that.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2014, 11:55:26 PM »
Sorry you are feeling a bit down, Stomper. I really hope this thread inspires you again :hug:

I am usually really good at setting goals. I decided when I was 5 that I wanted a horse and managed to wear my very non-horsey parents down when I was 13.  Then I decided I wanted to own a life style property.  I bought my first house then met my hubby and now live on a small property.  My latest goal (and the one I have always struggled to achieve) is to lose the weight I put on when I had my baby - and keep it off.  So far I am failing miserably... :(

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 01:57:34 AM »
Up until I was about 17, my dream was to one day be a tiger handler at the zoo and look after tigers, feed them, clean their habitats, give them fun toys to interact with, and give talks to the public to educate them on tiger facts and conservation! I was absolutely mad about tigers. Collected pictures on my computer, knew all the facts, did all my school projects on tigers, etc etc etc.

Unfortunately, that sort of thing falls under the vein of "science", which I enjoyed but was never very good at. I took all the sciency subjects I could at school anyway, and even some extra maths even though I hated maths and flunked all my classes. I didn't get very good grades, and so I said to myself- if I can't get this right, there's no way they'll pick me out of the ocean of other people that want to be tiger handlers. So I guess I gave up.

I still haven't figured out what I want to do with my life, something that pays well but is also super fun and cool- in fact, I hadn't had a job until a couple of months ago either! But I took a course on housekeeping- tidying and cleaning hotel rooms and looking after guests- and soon landed a job at a nice hotel in town. I don't clean hotel rooms, though, because I found cleaning bathrooms and polishing glass and watering plants and wiping down the lifts and escalators to be much more fun and less monotonous; so now I'm in Housekeeping, Public Areas. I'm just a casual with an average of 10 hours a week, but I'm really enjoying it because they give us oodles of delicious free food and I get paid $21 an hour, and I get to interact with all the people on holiday. I think I'd be content doing something like that for a good long while.
:fox:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 06:50:00 AM »
I have many.

For the moment my main one I hope to achieve soon, find full time work in a job that I enjoy. Im short listed for three at the moment that seem to be in that category.

Id love to one day own my own childcare centre, fill it with amazing staff (I know quiet a few) and focus on a great environment for the children, staff and families. Its a bit of a pipe dream as it would require a lot of $ before I could even open the doors.

Id also like to eventually get my phd in philosophy, im on my way to that, currently studying towoards my BA.

I would also like to train adults, in around 13 short weeks I will have the paperwork to say I can train up to Diploma level in early childhood education as well as a few other lines og education ranging in different certificate levels. Id really love to still work with children and train and assess adults on the side.

I would also love some more pets. I have three cats, 9 goldfish, 1 beta and a pair of lizards (they live with their other mum, but I still have visitation rights and could wind up with full custody if there becomes a need). I have always wanted a bunny, a snake and a rat. The snake is a definite no from the others in the house, I could get away with another lizard though. Im also tempted by hermit crabs, I had them as a teen and they are a really neat pet. If I wind up with one of these jobs, I might look into getting a "room pet", I could discuss the options of what id like and what is practical with management then the children and then go pet shopping. The blue tongue lizards were a fantastic pet to have with the children, I had 18 month olds to two years and my offsider and I introduced the lizards slowly and taught the children how to be gentle, how to hold them and how to pat them. They used to help with preparing food for them too and watch as we cleaned out the tank and water, I think animals are a great way to teach children (even as young as18 months) some responsibility. Although they couldn't help with much, they all understood the pets needed to be looked after and handled with care.

Lastly I want to get my next tattoo! Its been nagging me to go get it done for way too long, if I land a job soon, I know where my first paycheck will be going lol.

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 08:04:49 AM »
I love reading through these. :)

I daydream almost daily about getting out of the house my mom and I are currently in. It's got black mold in the basement (which sucks, because the laundry room is also in the basement), a bad roof, icky bathroom, centipedes and sometimes bats! It's a nightmare house to me, but unfortunately until my mom one day gets her inheritance (which won't happen until my dear grandmother passes away - hopefully not for a VERY long time) we are stuck with it. >_<

My other huge dream that I think about on a daily basis is somehow getting my long distance boyfriend to move here. We live 900 miles away from each other, and I hate it.

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 11:09:43 PM »
So interesting to see what all you guys are dreaming of! :)

One of my greatest dreams / ambitions of my life so far was to move to London and build up an independent life. I'm lucky enough to have achieved it a few years ago, and I'm grateful every single day. It has given me a lot of hope that my other dreams can be achieved, too.

At the moment, my big dream is to buy a flat. I've been saving up money, and within the next year or two, I know I can make it happen. I know that in the UK and many other places, buying property at some point in your life is pretty much a given, but in Germany, where I come from, it's a huge achievement. Many people rent all their lives. The thought that I could actually buy a flat is so exciting to me.

My second dream is to have pets. We always had pets when I grew up, but I haven't had any since I moved out. I dream of having a cat or two guinea pigs, but I'm doing the sensible thing and decided not to have a pet until I've moved into my own place. It makes it so much easier.

hotgluerifle

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2014, 10:15:48 AM »
my dream has always been to be an artist, but for a while now more specifically to either make my own comics (and get them published/self publish) or work on cartoons/ animated films, like for disney or dreamworks or something. Right now I'm in school and I draw pretty much all the time :P and it's what I'm going to do in college/uni so I'm working towards that
I also really want to have my own flat in brighton...sometimes i daydream about how all the rooms will look and how i'll have a cute balcony....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal