collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trading problem with DJOctaviasymphony  (Read 23767 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Trading problem with DJOctaviasymphony
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
I have added you amylynn.  Updated list below:

collectingmylittlepony
kakenterprise
Catlein
Fortress
Bronley
Malicieuse
CrystalSnowFlake
amylynnamylynn
Jemofirongate
UKPonyCon

*updated 12/29*
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:48:56 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2012, 04:01:46 PM »
I guess I'm one of the few that got what I paid for, yikes.

I bought the four Friendship is Magic Walmart posters and had them sent to my college before I moved in. When I got to college about a week or two later the posters were waiting for me in the campus mailroom.

She was polite and I got responses very promptly. I really hope everything gets resolved, that list is pretty crazy.

Duster reference]

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2012, 02:11:23 AM »
I guess you can add me and ukponycon too  :huh:

I bought 2 calendars which is no big deal but in my capacity as treasurer for ponycon bought a large quantity of posters costing about 130 dollars with shipping and we have seen nothing and no refund.

Its way past the deadline for paypal and all we have had are excuses and problems. I can understand having problems on one transaction but soo many? It defies credibility. :shocked:
Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

DJOctaviaSymphony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2012, 02:18:13 AM »
Hello again all so sorry been trying to catch up after the holidays were over. Anyway, Jem I did reply to your last email about the transaction weeks ago and never heard back so I didn't know what was going on at that point. All you have/had to do was ask what was going on?

In any event I'm in the middle of moving a city over on Jan 2nd and after that will be more available to come sort all the rest of this out. My bank sent my overdraft to collections and not I'll most likel;y be going to court for that because I don't have $600 right now. My current retail job is about 14 hours a week and Im in negotiations for a new receptionist job that pays well at my new location so really hoping that goes through. I have contacted Paypal various times about making a new account since my old one was put on hold permanatly telling them I have quite a few customers I owe refunds to. Still waiting to here back and I don't want to overly harass them since they arn't too friendly over the phone to begin with. Will be keeping updates.

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2012, 02:32:52 AM »
DJ, thank you for staying in touch with this thread - many sellers with problems just hide away, so your diligence is commendable :-)

I did receive your last message, yes, but I am confused as to what you were waiting for from me - I can't do anything, I am waiting for my (and UK Ponycon's!) refund from you! ;)

Thanks for the update on the current situation but what I don't understand is - where did it all go wrong in the first place? and for so many people?

Jem :)

Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2012, 02:49:39 AM »
 :hug: Jem  I added you and the Con to the list above.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2012, 07:37:54 AM »
I just spent the morning reading all these pages and want to send my sympathies out to all parties involved.  I do want to say though I'm very impressed with DJOctaviasymphony for not simply writing off this thread and the pony community. 

I've have problems with bank accounts before (not in the pony community, but in my day-to-day life) and know how frustrating those fees get, especially when they start stacking against you and there's really no way to pay them off, let along pay back the money that you owe.

Here's a thought, I'm not sure all parties will be pleased with this option, but it might work.  What if those who had traded DJ ponies want them back -  could they not just send a couple of $$ cash to have the ponies returned to them?  I know if may put them out a few dollars, but if it saves them a larger loss in the long run, it might be worth a shot.  And if it's cash, she doesn't have to risk her bank or paypal taking it.

The only thing would be that DJ would have to be very upfront about receiving the mailed money.

Anyway, just a thought.  (don't harp on me, just trying to help - I know it's not ideal)

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2012, 07:41:31 AM »
*huggles to all involved*  I hope this is able to be resolved soon!  It's so easy to get overwhelmed with trading and selling and buying on here if you aren't careful.  And yes, bank issues are a &%@(@ when Paypal's involved. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

DJOctaviaSymphony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »
Thank you all again for being so patient and kind. I am always more than willing to keep up as much as I can on here and discuss until everything is settled and wouldn't ever just dismiss it because I think of it as what if it had happened reverse to myself? I have had a package or two get lost or was wrong item before and that was frustrating enough.

I am definatly up for any ideas and trying to come up with a few more myself. Would not be opposed at all to returning all items sent or whatnot. I really wish there was a better alternative to Paypal :(

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2012, 10:32:59 PM »
Once they send the $600 to collections that should clear up your bank account so you can deposit money in it again, correct?  That is how it worked when I had to deal with collections in a previous job.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2012, 04:41:52 PM »
Unfortunately the account will most likely be suspended until the collection is paid.  Even after it is cleared up the bank has the option to close the account and not allow access to it anymore.  I work for a credit union and that is our policy.  While in collection the bank is still out the money.  Once it's cleared up the risk is still there for it to happen again and closing the account will limit that possibility.  Hope this all gets sorted out soon!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2012, 10:19:05 PM »
It's been a while since I've looked through this thread completely but has someone mentioned using money orders? Money orders are not expensive usually, you can confirm if the person received it or not and possibly just send a few at a time as you have the money to pay them back.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2012, 07:23:58 AM »
I don't think that has been brought up mad, I'm sure she will appreciate the suggestion. It's a very good one!

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »
Here's the problem with that: If DJ doesn't have the money to pay back collections, she doesn't have the money to refund people here in any way, shape, or form.  Collections has the right to go in and start draining directly from her paycheck, if she is currently employed, until the debt is paid in full.  They are absolutely ruthless.

Honestly, DJ, I'm glad you're keeping in contact, but you're in a mountain of financial trouble here, and unfortunately, this is going to haunt you for some time.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2012, 09:33:20 AM »
Unfortunately, yes, if a bank account is reported to collections, it can take a long time to undo the mess. 

All we can do is be patient and encourage the OP as she makes progress.  *pony hugs*  Don't give up; it's a completely solvable issue!

I'm sorry this has been such a learning curve for a new collector - ponies are supposed to be fun.  At least you've learned to take things slower and not get involved in too many transactions than you can handle.  If you've got 14 PMs about trading ponies, and can only send out 4 at a time, then don't commit yourself to those 14 people.   There's always another pony next time.  ;)  And yes, you've got to have the money hanging around in your bank account for over a month, as Paypal's claim window is 45 days.  So selling things for needed money is not advisable with Paypal - for reasons the OP is now experiencing.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal