collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Another Brony Here  (Read 1468 times)

APPLBL00M

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Another Brony Here
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 09:29:22 PM »
What a nice collection!  Always happy to meet a brony.  I LOVE the pony pins, very nice.  I like how you have your ponies displayed everywhere!  That's what I do too  :) I'm curious about your Rainbow Flash; did you buy that in a store or online?  I haven't seen in the US anywhere.
She's from the Rainbow Dash/Flash two pack sold in Australia. I actually traded some of my blind bags for her. That's one reason I came here, I'm interested in trading. I've just got to learn how it works here.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 01:25:24 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! My collection has already expanded since I took those pictures. I have all the McDonald's toys now, a custom sculped Rarity figure, and I just pre-ordered a SDCC FS Ditzy Doo. (I see what you did there, word filter. :lol:)

I bet it has, lol!  There are so many great ponies out there... and so little money to buy them all with, lol!  Go you!  :frolic:

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 05:43:57 PM »
Hi, APPLBLOOM, and welcome to the...

:blink:

Eeeeee!  Your Pinkie Pie is perfect!  She looks so cute with her hair all mussed in perfect curly mayhem like that... where's the emoticon thingie for grabby hands???

Seriously, your collection is very cool.  I'm liking the pins, too, need to find out where you got those... and all those video games, it looks like home! :biggrin:

Huh?  Oh yeah!  Oops.  :blush:

Welcome to the Arena! :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

APPLBL00M

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 08:03:38 PM »
Hi, APPLBLOOM, and welcome to the...

:blink:

Eeeeee!  Your Pinkie Pie is perfect!  She looks so cute with her hair all mussed in perfect curly mayhem like that... where's the emoticon thingie for grabby hands???

Seriously, your collection is very cool.  I'm liking the pins, too, need to find out where you got those... and all those video games, it looks like home! :biggrin:

Huh?  Oh yeah!  Oops.  :blush:

Welcome to the Arena! :biggrin:
Thanks! I got the pins from PinFilly and I won the r/mylittlepony button in a giveaway on reddit. Here's some pics of how I styled Pinkie. She's actually one of the easiest to style, in my opinion. All you have to do is wet her hair, put it in rollers, (or straws in this case) let it dry, take the rollers out, and just play with her hair until it looks right.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 01:12:50 AM »
Welcome! Love your collection and the styled hair on the ponies :)
My Wish List

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 08:43:12 AM »
AppleBloom, sweet collection!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 03:22:29 PM »
Here's some pics of how I styled Pinkie. She's actually one of the easiest to style, in my opinion. All you have to do is wet her hair, put it in rollers, (or straws in this case) let it dry, take the rollers out, and just play with her hair until it looks right.

This is super cute!!!
I MUST do this soon!! I want my pink to have poof-lovely hair!

RockerBrony

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 03:55:31 PM »
It's been said already, but the styling you did on the manes are really well done! Any closer pics of your Dash? By comparison, my ponies are stuck with bird-nests for manes.

And oh yeah, welcome!

APPLBL00M

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 04:36:11 PM »
It's been said already, but the styling you did on the manes are really well done! Any closer pics of your Dash? By comparison, my ponies are stuck with bird-nests for manes.

And oh yeah, welcome!
Thanks! Here are some closer pics of the ponies right after I styled them. I've been meaning to style my other ponies but I have so many now.  :wacko:

RockerBrony

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »

And oh yeah, welcome!

Thanks! Here are some closer pics of the ponies right after I styled them. I've been meaning to style my other ponies but I have so many now.  :wacko:

Wow, they look so show-accurate! (AppleJack needs a hat!) Were they all/mostly done with those hair rollers seen in the PinkiePie pictures?

APPLBL00M

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 10:16:33 PM »
Wow, they look so show-accurate! (AppleJack needs a hat!) Were they all/mostly done with those hair rollers seen in the PinkiePie pictures?
Only Rarity and Pinkie Pie were done with rollers. (which are made out of straws) For Fluttershy, I curled her hair around her legs and put a straw under her mane to give it some lift. For Twilight and Applejack, I cut their bangs and taped them down. For some reason Twilight's bangs stayed down but Applejack's didn't. :huh: Like you said, she needs a hat. For Rainbow Dash, I had to thatch her hair and cut it to make her bangs, which, in my opinion, turned out better than Twilight and Applejack, which were made with bangs.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:18:11 PM by APPLBL00M »

RockerBrony

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »
Only Rarity and Pinkie Pie were done with rollers. (which are made out of straws) For Fluttershy, I curled her hair around her legs and put a straw under her mane to give it some lift. For Twilight and Applejack, I cut their bangs and taped them down. For some reason Twilight's bangs stayed down but Applejack's didn't. :huh: Like you said, she needs a hat. For Rainbow Dash, I had to thatch her hair and cut it to make her bangs, which, in my opinion, turned out better than Twilight and Applejack, which were made with bangs.

I actually had to Google search to see what "thatching" was. The idea of cutting the hair at all scares me because well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHy7bm6sJDU ...that happens. At least when I do garage kits, I can poxy over any mistakes I make, lol. Once hair is cut, it's gone!  :cry:

You should put step by step tutorials up for each pony since they look so amazing... but uh, you know, um... whatever you want to do is fine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal