collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP  (Read 3548 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP
« on: January 12, 2014, 01:24:23 AM »
So its our 30th Anniversary and you forgot all about us? :cry: No presents, no special occasion, no party :(

Obviously Hasbro cheaped out on us a little this year by pretty much ignoring 30 years of MLP. If you had been in charge of the MLP line, what "special release" would you have given us? What would have been your dream "30th Anniversary" pony or pony set. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:26:41 AM »
Maybe I would have run with the 10thann. pony design, but released it in a box with all gens representing. All with different colors, too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 01:44:56 AM »
I think a set representing the four generations might have been awesome. Like, picking the most popular or iconic character from each gen and making them in the style of another gen? (G4 Mimic, G1 Princess Celestia, etc, they could have created polls and marketed for this). Or just releasing a set of Pinkie Pie in the style of each gen  :lol:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 01:47:52 AM »
I would have put the money down to reestablish some of the trademarks to make a collectors set of old ponies in G4 Playful Style representing some of the classic lines.  Bow-Tie (earth ponies), Medley (pegasi), Gusty (unicorns), Wind Whistler (so softs), Fizzy (twinkle eyes), and Sugraberry (twice as fancy).

I would also release the two specials uncut on DVD as well as the My Little Pony half of My Little Pony 'n Friends as originally aired on DVD.

I would NOT have made Equestria Girls at this time and snub the attendees to the Fair.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 01:51:20 AM »
So far I agree with what has been said. Release either a set with a pony from each gen, or release a set of g1s changed into g4 characters.

I would have put the money down to reestablish some of the trademarks to make a collectors set of old ponies in G4 Playful Style representing some of the classic lines.  Bow-Tie (earth ponies), Medley (pegasi), Gusty (unicorns), Wind Whistler (so softs), Fizzy (twinkle eyes), and Sugraberry (twice as fancy).

I would also release the two specials uncut on DVD as well as the My Little Pony half of My Little Pony 'n Friends as originally aired on DVD.

I would NOT have made Equestria Girls at this time and snub the attendees to the Fair.

^^This :)
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 01:58:22 AM »
A difficult question. You've brought up a very good point Cat. Hasrro makes me sad.
I have 2 thoughts. Something big like a my pretty pony that has all gens accessory stuff and looks like cotton candy. Or something like the G1 Birthday pony, heck, they could release that same pony again in a newer style box and I'd be happy...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 02:11:31 AM »
I would have held off on EQG (which annoys me b/c instead of celebrating 30 years of PONIES they turned them into HUMANS), and done the Fair/Con pony as a G1 throwback in G4 style (like Firefly, though she's not my personal fav, she makes the most sense).
or they could have released the original 6 collectors G1 ponies as G4s as a set

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 02:14:12 AM »
I didn't expect anything as big as the 25th anniversary celebration, but SOMETHING acknowledging the history of the brand would've been nice. Some throwback G1 as G4 or something.

I think the Equestria Girls thing was poorly timed. It felt like that was supposed to be their big "thing" for the year. I didn't hate the movie, and I don't hate the dolls, but I'm not collecting any of them -I'm a Pony collector, not a doll collector. So the EG stuff does nothing for me.

The snub of the MLP Fair hurt, Hasbro.

Elf

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 02:21:11 AM »
Actually I thought that the Firefly book with the figure was supposed to be an anniversary thing... :lookround:

I think it would be cool to see some retro sets, but the last ones were probably not as popular as Hasbro had hoped they would be... So maybe some special exclusive G4's made after some of the older gens? Like Bubbles but G4, Cooper Glow as an alicorn Princess and perhaps one G3 made into G4 too (though we'd seen that already!). I'd vote for Daybreak but only because she's one of my favorites :silly:

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 03:15:15 AM »
yeah, another retro rerelease would have been cool

Jemstar666

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:44 AM »
Another set or 2 of rereleases would have been nice like the collectors pose and rainbow sets, preferably Taf or princess set would have been nice

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 03:26:57 AM »

What?  I haven't been following the MLP Fair board but what has Hasbro done to "snub the fans" for this year around?  Some one please inform the clueless...

On topic,  I would have done at least ONE of these:

- Released brushable ponies with pearlescent bodies and tinsel hair to represent the 30th - that is the Pearl anniversary, traditionally...

-Made a "convention" pony with a Pearl theme for the major brony convention, the MLP Fair, and SDCC.  Toy Fair is optional but nice.  :)

-Re-released the Collector's Sets of Original 6 and Rainbow Ponies in a second run as I am sure most collectors would buy them, understanding the implications if they didn't. 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:50:49 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 03:31:25 AM »
I like CupidStrikes idea of picking ponies from each gen then making them into different gen molds.  Either that, or I would have made a single pony with features from each generation.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 03:47:00 AM »
I would have liked to have seen a set with G1 ponies made into G4 ponies. I would say a character from each previous gen, but we already have several G3 ponies made into G4s but not any G1s. I think it would be kind of cool to have official G1 characters as G4s because it would kind of tie the gens together. The nice thing is, if they did this, they could sell it to collectors as well as kids.

Offline starflyer425

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 03:54:40 AM »
oh, what i would do to have a g4 whizzer and ivy. i think they should release a set of older ponies as g4s: maybe like cotton candy, bluebelle, snuzzle, minty, butterscotch and blossom. or maybe gusty, twilight, firefly, surprise, bowtie and bubbles.

really, just some new g4s. i would die if they released a set of so softs or twinkle eyes...   :faint:

Avatar credit to BotchanMLP on DeviantArt, and the Starflyer equestria girl is by LordBlumiere here on the arena!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal