collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: why the color difference on Scoops please?  (Read 2995 times)

ValhallaLilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: why the color difference on Scoops please?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »
Oh what great pics! I will have to see these on a desktop for more clarification as they are too fuzzy on mobile.

Thanks for adding

hah it's like when you'd write p.s. then p.s.s etc. Scoops, scoopss, scoopsss :p

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 06:14:42 AM »
I looked at my regular Scoops and the one mail order HK Scoops and I don't see a difference between the two.   So there could very well be two HK variations you have there!  They do look different, and in my opinion, I don't think it's simply a case of fading.

Another reason for the difference could be the factory it came from.  I see slightly color differences in symbols all the time between ponies I find in the USA and ones I get from overseas.   I think it's just how their paint is mixed.   Not really a true variation, just color inconsistencies in their paints.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 08:03:32 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I got these at the fair and it was a mad rush before closing so I got them both because I didn't know what color the cones should be? I asked someone (icr but she was nice thanks!) and she thought maybe it was fading but the lighter one's pink seemed almost brighter than the darker cone one and the hair looks the same shade so I wasn't sure.
bonus cat nose investigating them in the corner.

My guess is they are from different factories.  Their eyes have the same difference that the big-head / small-head flutter ponies have, in that their pupils and white eye highlights are placed differently.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:06:07 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 08:21:56 AM »

My guess is they are from different factories.  Their eyes have the same difference that the big-head / small-head flutter ponies have, in that their pupils and white eye highlights are placed differently.

Sort of off-topic, but do you think the molds for the big head / small head flutter ponies were different molds?   If so, I would consider that a legit variant. Both versions were sold in the US like.   Looking at mine, it's not just the head and eyes that are different. Their legs are much closer together too. It looks like a completely different mold to me  :)  Slightly different paint shades are one thing, but to me it's a whole different story when the structure of the pony changes.

I have more pics to support the different mold theory, but don't want to spam this thread with flutter ponies ;)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 08:29:26 AM »
Definitely different molds. They are just so different, especially the striding pose!  The "standing" poses are more similar but even on those the feet are placed distinctly differently.  Plus, of course, the heads.  :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal