collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this unusual blind bag a fakie? Analysis inside  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Is this unusual blind bag a fakie? Analysis inside
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 02:37:38 PM »
Violet: Haha, yep! There's also been a Flitterheart, Roseluck, and Periwinkle with them. I want a Flitterheart fakie, just for completion's sake.
Yeah, but none of them looked wrong, though I should pick up a Periwinkle at some point...

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 05:13:16 PM »
Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »
Hmm I rather find her an error/protoype, also because she has an production code under her hoof wich relates to the date: 4 May 2013.

This puzzles me about these ponies also. My Grey-maned prism glider has similar features as this ploomette, with a code corresponding to 6th December 2013 on the hoof. It's pretty much identical to the ones on my legitimate ponies, so either fakie makers are really going the extra mile here or something's wrong in ponyland.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 03:38:16 AM »
The problem is there is contradictory information with them which points to being real and being fake all at the same time. If they were 2 pieces I would say they were simply machine/manufacture tests of some kind on the plastic but the fact they are one piece suggests they are fake.

However on the balance I think its more likely that Hasbro's manufacturers have been testing a new production process than that a fakie manufacturer is going to the effort of production stamping something. So I think they are probably real and test pieces. Hasbro uses multiple factories after all so it could simply be a different process in a different factory hence the difference in the vector and finish.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »
I've seen a (the) seller on Taobao with this Ploomette. I had a look because the I saw a BB with a very long neck and very shiny. When I scrolled down they had other BBs and they were all just slightly odd looking and shiny. Of course, the seller says (thanks to google translate) that they are genuine :P

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 11:08:12 AM »
Yup, the AJ model ones in the same set have necks that are just a bit too long. I looked at Bluemette again, and I'm 100% sure it's all one piece, I can't get a fingernail in between the head/mane and neck/body anywhere. Besides that, the face and hooves are narrower than my regular Ploomette. I really do think it's a--what's the word, a recast? When a mold's made from an existing figure.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »
Mine's two pieces :shrug:

:heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 12:01:21 PM »
Hmm, now that's interesting! I tried bending the head on mine all different ways, but I can't see a seam anywhere. I'll check the new set when they come in!

Could you get a picture of yours seen head-on (both eyes visible), and also the hoof with the hole in it, both compared to an official, non-error blind bag? I want to compare the mold, since both places on my Bluemette are visibly narrower than an official one.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Winter Bones

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 01:47:33 PM »
Have you also checked for gaps around the pony's hair? My grey Prism Glider has gaps the same way legit ponies do, as though the head and hair were cast separately from the body and added onto it, which makes me think that the head is two pieces despite looking like one piece around the neck. I can grab some pics tonight if anyone wants them.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »
You're positive that's the (possibly) fake one? I mean, Prism Glider is always gray-maned. I wouldn't mind seeing some comparison shots of both versions of him.
Of course, the seller says (thanks to google translate) that they are genuine :P
Oh, well, in that case! The seller definitely has full knowledge of the subject and no possible ulterior motives, after all.

Offline Navi

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 01:57:51 PM »
Hmm, now that's interesting! I tried bending the head on mine all different ways, but I can't see a seam anywhere. I'll check the new set when they come in!

Could you get a picture of yours seen head-on (both eyes visible), and also the hoof with the hole in it, both compared to an official, non-error blind bag? I want to compare the mold, since both places on my Bluemette are visibly narrower than an official one.

The light is pretty junk right now, so all my pics are too dark now. It looks like a real blind bag though - I have a few of the fakie blind bags, and this one looks a lot better. Even if they recast a blind bag, I don't think they could get this level of detail in the raised MLP logo on the hoof without an original mold.

Offline Winter Bones

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 02:12:51 PM »
You're positive that's the (possibly) fake one? I mean, Prism Glider is always gray-maned. I wouldn't mind seeing some comparison shots of both versions of him.

Yep, the mane on mine is several shades darker than my legit one. He's also shiny plastic and his eyes are shaped like Rainbow Dash's. I gotta be out the door soon, but I'll post a comparison when I get back.

Offline Navi

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 02:18:33 PM »

Yep, the mane on mine is several shades darker than my legit one. He's also shiny plastic and his eyes are shaped like Rainbow Dash's. I gotta be out the door soon, but I'll post a comparison when I get back.

I think it's this one, right? (From taobao)

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 02:23:41 PM »
Of course, the seller says (thanks to google translate) that they are genuine :P
Oh, well, in that case! The seller definitely has full knowledge of the subject and no possible ulterior motives, after all.

You know I said that tongue in cheek right? hence the emoticon.... Coz I can't tell if yours is, because in no way do I think that those sellers are selling things legitimately, ever tbh.

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »
Don't get me wrong--I'd love to be proven incorrect, official Hasbro oddballs are much more interesting than fakies. ^^; I'm just not sure, with all the inconsistencies, where they fall. I'll update with more pics once my set arrives, and anyone else who gets them, please do the same!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal