collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 40377 times)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 08:55:20 AM »
Haha, see, I'm a sucker for pink. However, the previous pink dolls just don't do it for me... I've always had trouble bonding with Draculaura and Cupid, and while I like Rochelle, she isn't my favorite. Even though I was previously on the "BURN ALL WERECATS" bandwagon, Catty Noir is just so pretty to me, I can't help but be excited about her! I love her ganguro-esque makeup (I've always wanted a ganguro doll!) and her frilly tutu is just adorable. Plus, I love black cats. I own one myself, and he's the sweetest cat I've ever met. XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 09:37:46 AM »
I know what you mean.. it does seem like a lot of pink... My favorite color is green.... So... well green and blue (probably why I like Frankie's eyes so much)... if I ever have enough money to set aside and get one of these faceups I would... she is amazing!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OOAK-custom-Monster-High-doll-repaint-Operetta-goth-bjd-phantom-of-the-opera-/321089629133?pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item4ac26eebcd&nma=true&si=6eVYxwJUuC24OCvKdVkt8IUtOCU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That Frankie is just amazing!!!

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »
My collection of boys just keeps growing! I have my eye on DOtD Deuce and 1600 Clawd and of course Heath. Heath cannot come out fast enough!

Does the Gloom Beach line tend to have glue problems? My new Jackson has helmet hair. But I may just be looking for an excuse to customize him.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 11:15:01 AM »
Ohhh.. if that werecat girl *is* Catty Noir, I NEED her!! Black + pink is my favourite colour combination. I agree that she looks like a ganguro girl ^^ Very cute, I can't wait until she's released.

PD Lagoona doesn't do much for me, but I like her outfit better now, the shell bra didn't do anything for me at all XD

MelodyMistress

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 11:38:45 AM »
wow a new thread so soon... I wonder if this thread shouldnt have its own sub forum...

I got a bright orange Liv wig for my girl...pix soon.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »
*rolls around in new thread goodness*

Man, I think I was SUPER lucky when I got my Scaris 2-pack at TRU. I'd gotten up early - couldn't sleep due to a horrid head cold/flu thing - and got to TRU like 15 minutes after they opened. They were JUST unloading MH off the truck, and I STILL got the very last 2-pack - they said they'd gotten in 10 and they were all gone super-fast because people were calling in to have them held!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 02:00:16 PM »
My collection of boys just keeps growing! I have my eye on DOtD Deuce and 1600 Clawd and of course Heath. Heath cannot come out fast enough!

Does the Gloom Beach line tend to have glue problems? My new Jackson has helmet hair. But I may just be looking for an excuse to customize him.

I found him at a thrift store and there is no sign of glue problems or helmet hair but I don't know what his previous owner did with his hair.  I didn't think much since he still has the plastic things in his head from the box.  If you are looking to customize him and don't need his stock anymore, I would be happy to take it off your hands  :biggrin: ^.^

On that note, does anyone have an extra left arm for GB Jackson or a set of signature hands I can buy? 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »
Really dumb question: Is anyone still seeing the Gloom Beach 5-pack? I keep looking at them thinking I need Frankie and Cleo, but tracking those two down seem like a nightmare!!!

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 02:08:42 PM »
Really dumb question: Is anyone still seeing the Gloom Beach 5-pack? I keep looking at them thinking I need Frankie and Cleo, but tracking those two down seem like a nightmare!!!

PM faunabay... she got mine for me :)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 02:58:41 PM »
Was waiting for the new thread to ask this, didn't want it lost at the end of the last one ;)

Does anyone know what the new case assortment will be like for the PD dolls?  

I haven't gotten any yet, and I want to know who they are going to drop, to fit the new 3 in.  I'm REALLY behind on my buying, and need to know who to make a priority..... stupid living expenses!  Sucks being all responsible and stuff!

I'm wondering this too. Right now we have the first 4 PD as the Wave 10 case (2x Draculaura, 2x Abbey, 1x Spectra, 1x Cleo) and also as the Wave 10 Revision 1 case (2x Draculaura, 1x Abbey, 2x Spectra, 1x Cleo). This is according to Entertainment Earth, which doesn't have the new 3 up anywhere yet. I kind of think that they might entirely replace the old four, like pukunui said, with the new case being 2x each of Lagoona, Frankie, Operetta. Either called Wave 11 or Wave 10 Revision 3...

But that's just a guess. In any case, if you want all 4 of the first ones equally, I'd nab Cleo first, and Lala last. :)

(Yes, I am a huge nerd. About case assortments. And many other things.)

Flutterwonder13: April, so pretty much right now! :biggrin:

Thanks!  I don't know why I just assumed it was gonna be a case revision.  Crap!  That means I gotta buy all four ASAP.  It's not so much finding them that's the problem, it's finding the money :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 03:40:03 PM »
Okay newbie mom being annoying again, how the heck do I find out if there are going to be new signature dolls? 
Do you mean rereleases of the originals, like Frankie and Clawdeen and such, or new releases of some of the dolls that haven't had a signature release with a diary and pet yet? I don't know of any of the latter coming out this year, but I do know that an "Original Favorites" assortment with signature Frankie, Draculaura, and Clawdeen has been appearing in various places around the world. I think it was recently released in Europe and will supposedly be making its way here to New Zealand in August. Don't know if it will be released in the States.

Also how hard is to find some of early ones?
Depends on what you're after. Most of the sought after early ones can only be found for exorbitant prices on ebay and the like. 
Thanks, that helps. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

MelodyMistress

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 04:43:04 PM »
Check your local Target. Mine has them still.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 05:19:53 PM »
gah, i got to find $$ to buy PD spectra and fast then i guess...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:34:57 PM by mistic_imp »

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 06:25:10 PM »
Found this on tumblr:

Source

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2013, 06:48:42 PM »
How much and how hard to find are the PD dolls in Canada? I'm wondering if I should just break down and buy the ones that I want online from the US.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal