collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Walking Dead (tv series) *Spoilers?!*  (Read 2732 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead (tv series) *Spoilers?!*
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 05:36:37 PM »
I just started to watch them in order on netflix's. I watched the first four last night. I cant wait to see the rest of them :)

Offline ms.unicorn

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »
I LOVE the Walking Dead!!! :biggrin:  It's my favorite show right now.  It helps me relieve stress after working all day on Sunday.  Never read the comics, so I don't know what will happen next.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough Stomper for my avatar!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »
Just watched this week's episode.

Spoiler
So I already didn't like Merle, but this definitely confirmed that he's a nasty nasty man.  Eesh.

I am so relieved that Carol is alive!  I was hoping she would be and I like that Darrel was the one who found her.  Seems appropriate.  He couldn't save her daughter, but he saved her.  :)  As soon as I saw that door moving a little, I thought "it has to be Carol!"

I am also relieved to see that Crazy Rick has run his course.  I am ready for non-crazy, not-a-jerk Rick to come back.  The phone thing was totally weird.  And they kept panning to that zombie in the hall.  I'm guessing that Carl shot that zombie and not his mom?  Who is now a walker?

Of course Andrea falls for the governer.  *sigh*  That woman sure knows how to pick 'em.

And YAY, Michonne!  Not only is she totally awesome (I love tough women characters when they are portrayed well, rather than annoying/naggy), but she brought the baby food back to the camp.  Win!  Also, I really want to see her lead a rescue party to get Glenn and Maggie back.  Ready to see Merle gone for good.  Darrel has become such a great character without his big brother's influence.

Can't wait for next week's episode!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline EmBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 06:01:52 AM »
My thoughts on last week's episode:
Spoiler
I thought it was very unusual that they did not show Carol's death as she is one of our main characters.  But the reason I fell for it was because of the graves--why would they make graves without bodies when they know they're inside the building?

I also thought it was strange they didn't show Carl shooting Lori.  I really like the way it was done with just the sound and the look on Andrea's face of knowing, but I'm always going to be suspicious if I don't SEE something executed.

There is a question I have been thinking about for a while now.. why did Lori die of a C section, but Harold did not die from an amputation?  I know they were pressing on his leg to stop the bleeding but come on.  Carl couldn't have done that for his mother?  I don't have any medical knowledge about this kind of thing but it seemed a little ridiculous to me.  What do you guys think?

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 08:02:56 AM »
Spoiler
I thought it was very unusual that they did not show Carol's death as she is one of our main characters.  But the reason I fell for it was because of the graves--why would they make graves without bodies when they know they're inside the building?

I also thought it was strange they didn't show Carl shooting Lori.  I really like the way it was done with just the sound and the look on Andrea's face of knowing, but I'm always going to be suspicious if I don't SEE something executed.

There is a question I have been thinking about for a while now.. why did Lori die of a C section, but Harold did not die from an amputation?  I know they were pressing on his leg to stop the bleeding but come on.  Carl couldn't have done that for his mother?  I don't have any medical knowledge about this kind of thing but it seemed a little ridiculous to me.  What do you guys think?
Spoiler
They didn't show Carol's death because she was actually alive :P

With Lori though i agree, it was super annoying to not have her death explicitly shown, and even though I know thats the end of her character theres still this certain amount of suspicion.

Hershel had his leg clamped off almost immediately after it's amputation and that stopped a lot of the bleeding. It was insinuated that Lori was having some kind of major complications besides the c section. She had blood running down her legs in large amounts, which is not supposed to happen. She probably had massive internal bleeding or possibly could have been pre-eclamptic which certainly would have caused death in that situation. There are a lot more risk factors associated with pregnancy than with an amputation surprisingly. And Hershel BARELY lived, he actually died for a few seconds until Lori saved him.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 08:23:46 AM »
I love this show, I've watched it since day one.  I look forward to it every week.  I like that Daryl pony by the way.  I don't really think I have a favorite character, which is unusual for me. I guess I like Daryl.

Spoiler
OK so who was Rick talking to on the phone.  Suddenly his possibly dead wife is talking to him on the phone and she said the other people he talked to were people who had also died?  I thought the pregnant looking zombie in the same room as Rick was with the phone was Lori in zombie form, but that zombie looked dead too long to be Lori so I don't know.  Where is this safe place she mentioned?  I think it's a bunch of random people that happen to know Rick and are messing with his mind, or Rick is losing it and thinking he hears a phone that has long been out of commission and he thinks he's hearing his wife's voice.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:28:08 AM by Majesty »

Offline EmBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 08:38:58 AM »
Spoiler

Spoiler

With Lori though i agree, it was super annoying to not have her death explicitly shown, and even though I know thats the end of her character theres still this certain amount of suspicion.

Hershel had his leg clamped off almost immediately after it's amputation and that stopped a lot of the bleeding. It was insinuated that Lori was having some kind of major complications besides the c section. She had blood running down her legs in large amounts, which is not supposed to happen. She probably had massive internal bleeding or possibly could have been pre-eclamptic which certainly would have caused death in that situation. There are a lot more risk factors associated with pregnancy than with an amputation surprisingly. And Hershel BARELY lived, he actually died for a few seconds until Lori saved him.

Spoiler
Interesting.  I know giving birth without modern medicine IS risky.  I guess I didn't think much of the blood because Lori said she knew what it meant as it happened the first time (Carl) and the solution is a C section.

I love this show, I've watched it since day one.  I look forward to it every week.  I like that Daryl pony by the way.  I don't really think I have a favorite character, which is unusual for me. I guess I like Daryl.

Spoiler
OK so who was Rick talking to on the phone.  Suddenly his possibly dead wife is talking to him on the phone and she said the other people he talked to were people who had also died?  I thought the pregnant looking zombie in the same room as Rick was with the phone was Lori in zombie form, but that zombie looked dead too long to be Lori so I don't know.  Where is this safe place she mentioned?  I think it's a bunch of random people that happen to know Rick and are messing with his mind, or Rick is losing it and thinking he hears a phone that has long been out of commission and he thinks he's hearing his wife's voice.

Spoiler
The way I interpreted the phone calls was Rick losing his grip on reality in coping with Lori's death.  He hadn't even acknowledged the baby yet.  Also notice that there was no dial tone when Harold picked up the phone (granted not all phones have one) so that leads me to believe it was not really ringing.  I think him talking to others and Lori especially was his way of saying goodbye to her.

-Em

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »
Spoiler
Embee, you could be right.  I thought we didn't hear a dial tone because we as the viewers weren't meant to, because we don't always hear every sound.  But, to me, like you said we didn't hear one because there wasn't one, as in the phone isn't working.  Also, Hersel did act a little weird when he picked up the phone and listened but obviously heard no dial tone but let Rick deal with whatever he was dealing with.  I thought it weird at first that a phone in a prison that hasn't functioned in forever suddenly has a working phone.  Also, the person who asked how his wife died, that was also a way for Rick to acklowledge his wife's death.  He needed to come to terms with it.

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2012, 08:57:01 AM »
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Interesting.  I know giving birth without modern medicine IS risky.  I guess I didn't think much of the blood because Lori said she knew what it meant as it happened the first time (Carl) and the solution is a C section.

Spoiler
The C section isnt a solution so much as it's a way of getting the baby out really quickly so they can fix whatever is wrong with the mother as soon as possible, and in her case there was no one to do that  :huh: She just knew it meant something really bad and they had to get the baby out immediately or they would both die.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
Spoiler
Oh come on people! How would Lori have possibly survived a C section, which is cutting not only into the stomach but the uterus, without the aid of serious medical care. I mean Maggie cut through her abdominal wall and that is a lot harder to recover from and harder to to fix without propper medical equipment. Yes a amputated leg is hard to fix without medical care as well, but as they showed they can at least stop the bleeding by putting pressure and elevating it. That is a lot harder to do when you are bleeding on the inside. She would be going into shock from the combination of blood loss and pain, and without the proper equipment there was no way that she would have lived.Honestly, people use your heads and you would be able to understand why Lori died.

And how else do you people expect Rick to react when he just lost his wife?! Should he be ok with it and skip merrily through the prison? Good lord, of course the man snapped. After all, he killed his best friend and now his wife died on top of countless others that he cared about dying while under his care, it is a wonder that the man did not snap sooner. And I would not expect him to recover from his loss so quickly. Though from the looks of this thread you all will be quite cross if he doesn't ..... :hmm:

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »
Spoiler
I agree with Midnight_Dream's comment about internal bleeding not being the same as an amputation. The likelihood of surviving that kind of injury in that circumstance was way to slim.

And as for the phone, yup, he snapped. They'd been through a lot and he had just rejected her the episode before when she asked about their relationship. He needed a way to work through his grief so his mind made the phone ring...

Majesty, I believe that zombie ate Lori's remains. There was a trail of blood smeared from where her body was where the zombie was and apparently it had bones sticking out of it's mouth.

Loved that they let us know about Carol at the end. That was so sad when Daryl thought he was going to find her zombie in that cell and he was psyching himself up to put her down... just love Daryl.

ps, since the header says 'spoiler' can we stop hiding our comments?

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2012, 01:13:21 PM »
Spoiler
Oh I didn't notice the bones.  I just assumed that Lori was turned into a zombie and that pregnant looking zombie was her.  My Dad said it was probably either pregnant or really full.  But, i don't think it was zombie Lori because Rick kicked the zombie like he hated her so it would make sense if the zombie ate Lori.

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »
Yah, I didn't actually see the bone either, I heard it on one of those interviews the actors do after each episode.

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2012, 02:46:29 PM »
I re-watched the end of that episode before the one this sunday and didn't see it either but oh well. They didn't really make that clear enough in my opinion.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
Subtlety is the best policy sometimes. I mean, would you have felt better if the walker had part of Lori's face hanging out of his mouth (and yes the walker was a male. How do I know? Because I am weird and pay attention to little things)? Personally I think that scene was pretty clear in what it meant to capture; Rick stabbing the thing repeatedly in a fit of rage and grief because he thought it had eaten her. So how much more clear could it be?

And for those of you who think Carl didn't really kill Lori.....Have you paid attention to this kid's character development? He has changed soooo much from the naive kid of season one and has hardened into this person where if he says he will do something, like killing his own mother before she turns, he will do it. Sure doing pained him as much as losing her in the first place, but he is smart enough to know that it would not be her when she came back.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal