collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A thought/question crossed my mind about Ditzy Doo & Comic Con...  (Read 8616 times)

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A thought/question crossed my mind about Ditzy Doo & Comic Con...
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2012, 07:43:23 AM »
Ditzy :muffin: Pony Hooves is quickly becoming a headache.  I was able to get one at the Pony Fair in Orlando because I bought a fair membership package that included a pony.  However, I promised my bpff who couldn't come with me that I'd get her one at the fair, and they sold out before I could even get in line.  I can't go to Comic Con; my bank account is already protesting from Pony Fair.  So I go on Ebay to try to find one, and the cheapest ones are marked up 250-300%!  I even saw one for over 150.00!  These scaplers make me so angry, and it certainly takes the fun out of pony collecting.  I don't mind paying a bit of a markup for something rare and hard to find, but I refuse to pay a 700% markup for a piece of mass produced plastic.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2012, 07:54:49 AM »
Ditzy Doo/Ditzy Doo Hooves is quickly becoming a headache.  I was able to get one at the Pony Fair in Orlando because I bought a fair membership package that included a pony.  However, I promised my bpff who couldn't come with me that I'd get her one at the fair, and they sold out before I could even get in line.  I can't go to Comic Con; my bank account is already protesting from Pony Fair.  So I go on Ebay to try to find one, and the cheapest ones are marked up 250-300%!  I even saw one for over 150.00!  These scaplers make me so angry, and it certainly takes the fun out of pony collecting.  I don't mind paying a bit of a markup for something rare and hard to find, but I refuse to pay a 700% markup for a piece of mass produced plastic.

Give her time, she'll come down on ebay.  Prices always soar right away because people are afraid they won't be able to get her. 

When LS Rarity first came out, she sold for over $500, and then quickly dropped to about $75 a piece once her numbers truly began to reflect online.  She eventually went back up a bit, but it will probably fluctuate for the next few months for Ditzy Doo.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2012, 08:02:43 AM »
I learned my lesson last year by waaaaay overpaying for the exclusive poster. I made a vow that this year I would wait a few days for my SDCC pony item rather than snatching up the first one I saw. And Ditzy's price is already dropping and probably will more so as this days catch starts to appear.
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

xoVanille

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »
I don't think what I paid was too terrible, it wasn't crazy expensive. I want her soon, as a birthday gift to myself so there's that too. c:

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »
Sold out within 30 minutes of the first queue? That's crazy o-O My dad's plan was for us to leave the house at 7 AM, get breakfast, and head to the convention. It took a lot to convince him to go that early, but looking at this I'm wondering if it'll be early enough or if there will already be too many people waiting outside.

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
I got impatient and decided to try making an offer on an eBay one, but at a lower price than I expected a seller to agree to. To my surprise they accepted so I guess I have one coming, heh. Perhaps it was $5-$10 more than I might have ended up paying if I had waited another day or two, but I feel it was a pretty fair price for both the seller and myself.

So don't be afraid to make offers when you notice the option available :)   

@Zenobiaa: Yes, unfortunately that will probably be too late if you're hoping to snatch up a Ditzy. Prismatic was in line at 5am both days to get her items (Ditzy one day and Scarah Screams the next) and just barely obtained them, from what I understand.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:55:02 PM by Ren-Ren »
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2012, 05:55:06 PM »
I'm frustrated about this whole thing. I had ordered one from a Taobao reseller, and they screwed up and ended up not actually having one to sell me after I'd placed my order. By my feelings by all rights I should already have one, and probably I never will. T_T
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2012, 07:05:40 PM »
bah. My seller still hasn't responded to my question..... and neither has the person that presold me Scarah. buuuuughhh  :huh:

Molybdenum

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2012, 07:32:14 PM »
I had convinced myself I wouldn't actually end up with one but I was so happy when my friend emailed me last night telling me that he had one for me. :whoa: A lot of my other friends at the con haven't been so lucky yet. It's always been a little crazy but this is insane.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2012, 08:08:28 PM »
You're lucky Molybdenum... I had a break up right before the Fair, where someone was going to get Ditzy for me. Then I was on a list here to get one from someone going to SDCC and I felt a little bit better, even though I've been really depressed about everything lately. But because of the extremely limited numbers available, the person here had a limit to how many she could buy, so it doesn't look like I'll be getting Ditzy after all. -_- Funny how life has to kick us down further when we seem like we've hit rock bottom.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2012, 09:13:44 PM »
bah. My seller still hasn't responded to my question..... and neither has the person that presold me Scarah. buuuuughhh  :huh:

My seller hasn't responded either.  :(

I reeeeally hope they came through for me and are just having too much fun at the con to check their messages.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2012, 04:42:12 AM »

Got the same problem. Send my seller a message two days ago and i still got nothing back.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2012, 04:58:14 AM »
No response from mine either.

Offline Trish

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2012, 05:53:34 AM »
I was afraid I'd end up with 3 Ditzys considering I bought one on eBay germany( bagged taobao one) as well as preordered one on US eBay + asked a member here to get one for me. The preorder fell through so I got my refund and it looks like the same will happen with the member one too. Oh well I'm glad I got 1 :)

Wantlist | Swaplist (OLD!) | My trades/sales (OLD!)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2012, 06:04:41 AM »
You're lucky Molybdenum... I had a break up right before the Fair, where someone was going to get Ditzy for me. Then I was on a list here to get one from someone going to SDCC and I felt a little bit better, even though I've been really depressed about everything lately. But because of the extremely limited numbers available, the person here had a limit to how many she could buy, so it doesn't look like I'll be getting Ditzy after all. -_- Funny how life has to kick us down further when we seem like we've hit rock bottom.

Aww I'm sorry hun :( I hope you can manage to get one eventually :hug:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal