collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Texas Pony Fair???  (Read 5605 times)

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Pony Fair???
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 07:53:05 PM »
Yay, more. Texas peeps! I wish it could be hosted in El Paso, but too far for you, I guess. I know a flea market where half of my G1 collection is from LOL. And we have very nice attractions too, like the mountains, Elephant Rock, Rio Grande (* cough* Dry).....

Yeah, I'm excited if it is in the summer!
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2015, 09:28:06 PM »
Definitely interested in a TX meet, and also gonna throw in Austin as a great place for one. There are PLENTY of places to do it in Austin. Even the local comic shops would probably be willing to lend some space for a few hours. There's also a lot of smaller hotels that would probably have inexpensive conference rooms, if everyone attending the meet was able to chip in!

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2015, 10:11:15 PM »
Omg YES Austin is the place! I will argue they have the best food selection as far as restraunts and grocery stores I have ever seen in the US- hands down! Its serious competition with parts of Cali as far as variety! Also the best radio stations! (I love the one that plays norwegian black metal!) I love the bat migration every where you go on the little boat ride! x3

Waco is also a great place! Also aaaahahaaaaaah.....Fazolis is somewhere around there!

Whoever says there's nothing to do in Texas has NEVER been to DFW or Austin- especially Austin. I love Austin! :heart:

We could meet up somewhere simple like a mall or a restaurant! *echoing Fazolis*
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:14:46 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2015, 11:11:08 AM »
If it were to be in Austin, I could look into hotels/ convention space here with space to rent. We'd have to get a head count and possible dates to figure out a price but I'd certainly be able to help if someone decides to host a meet.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline LunarEclipse

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2015, 10:54:17 AM »
If it were to be in Austin, I could look into hotels/ convention space here with space to rent. We'd have to get a head count and possible dates to figure out a price but I'd certainly be able to help if someone decides to host a meet.

I'd help out however I could as well. There's a few smaller hotels around me that might work. Happy to coordinate with you guys and figure something out!

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2015, 10:58:49 AM »
As long as its not a sleazy roach motel for one :P  :lol:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2015, 11:35:34 AM »
The hotel I had in mind is kinda creepy...as in, half of it is vacant.. ::cue spooky music:: :lol: but the upside is that it has a great conference room, pool and entertainment area; and those traveling don't have to stay on site - there are several other, fully opened hotels around close by. I've stayed there before, and it's nice, as long as you don't pay attention to the closed part..ha. You can wander around (crazy creepy at night) but I wouldn't use the on-site washer and dryer!  :lookround: I have stayed there and I survived so it's fine.. Not trying to scare anyone!  :biggrin:

Anyways, I haven't investigated anything recently though...looks like we have a lot of votes for Austin as the first meet's location, but I'm trying to make it close to home because I don't like traveling by myself...  >_< :blush:

Princess Lala

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
There is a beaaaauuuuuutiful one in Arlington I know of called Triple Crown hotel? I stayed there for Nightmare Nights (g4 con) and the rooms were pretty decent! :-3

I am just daydreaming about meeting all of you guys!!!!!! I think about it a lot a work to be honest! I'm pretty shy in person and kinda weird but I'm excited! I had no idea there were THIS many Texans here! And they don't want to have a g1 pony fair here um whyy!?  Man at least we can arrange a meet! I would try to help the best I could as well, granted my husband and I are working two jobs!

I'm bringing Belgian seapony chocolates for everyone regardless!!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:28:51 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2015, 08:36:19 PM »
I would love to meet too and think about meeting everyone!   ^.^

Seapony chocolates?!
 :D
What are those?!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »
I would love to meet too and think about meeting everyone!   ^.^

Seapony chocolates?!
 :D
What are those?!

I think she might be talking about those Belgian chocolates that are molded into the shapes of seashells, sea stars, and seahorses:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Princess Lala

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2015, 05:50:49 AM »
YES YES THOOOOSE! :-3 There is a place here that sells tons of those! I will bring ya'll some of the praliene ones!

They are my FAVORITE chocolates!!!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 09:57:36 AM »
:grouphug:

They look delish!

If they aren't tainted with peanuts I would love to try them!  :biggrin: :blush:

I have a peanut sensitivity.. >_<
:wail:

Offline LunarEclipse

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2015, 03:57:46 PM »
I'm also really surprised at the number of Texans/ Austin people are on the Arena! It'd be great to have a meet down here since the Fair seems to be staying in the east the last few years and it's hard for some of us here to get to. So what are the next steps to make this happen? :)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2015, 04:57:18 PM »
I probably wouldn't be able to make it to a meet, but you guys might be over-thinking things a bit, lol. You're not organizing a con here!  :silly:

If you don't mind me offering a suggestion, though, it seems to me the easiest (and cheapest!) way to go about something like this might be to find a public park that has those covered picnic areas for birthday parties and stuff. I mean, if it went on for a couple of years successfully, and folk from neighboring states got interested, it could potentially evolve into a regular convention, but there hasn't even been a first meet yet  ;) 

A lot of low-to-mid-priced chain restaurants also have private dining areas for groups that you can book in advance, but I don't know whether that would be cheaper than or about the same as renting out a conference room at a hotel. You do need to be careful with booking private dining rooms for parties, though - my dad has had experience with this while organizing holiday dinners for his high school alumni group, and some restaurants have a special set menu for groups who book the private room - it's usually only a small selection from the regular menu, and sometimes is more expensive (probably to offset the cost of any damages to the room if the group gets rowdy...I wouldn't be surprised if that has happened before, which is unfortunate).

Anyway, just another suggestion you guys could look into.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2015, 05:09:35 PM »
I'm graciously backing out, It seems apparent that Austin is gonna be the place for the meet up..and I wouldn't be able to travel to Austin by myself unless I get a friend or two to come with me!  :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal