collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are the Minis replacing the regular Equestria Girls?  (Read 3901 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Are the Minis replacing the regular Equestria Girls?
« on: January 22, 2016, 08:52:28 PM »
I have noticed the regular Equestria Girls have been vanishing from shelves. In Target there is no longer a spot for them and Walmart only has a spot for the basic School Spirit dolls. TRU hasn't reset yet but there are a lot of older dolls still there. While I love the Minis I don't want to see the regular ones vanish.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Minis replacing the regular Equestria Girls?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »
I've been wondering this too, but without the aisle evidence. Complicating matters is the fact that we're between movies, so we might conceivably not see another line of new dolls yet... but idk. It'll take the minis a long while to reach the same level of character diversity the dolls have.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 11:12:54 PM »
I don't know but my Target put most of the regular EQ dolls on clearance right after Christmas and haven't issued a new line.  So it certainly seems possible, at least for the time being.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:56:27 PM »
I'll guess we have to wait until the Toy Fair.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 12:06:34 AM »
I'm also worried because we haven't gotten the articulated rollerskating Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare yet. The newest ones I have seen are motocross Indigo Zap and Sugarcoat but I didn't get them yet and now I worry if they are even getting more in. I wanted to get all the Shadow Bolts since I doubt they are going to get more dolls after Friendship Games. There were some fall formal dolls listed on Amazon and I don't really think the Minis could do justice to a formal theme.

I'll guess we have to wait until the Toy Fair.

As if Monster High didn't already have me on edge lol.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:08:12 AM by Wardah »

Av by Moonflower.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 01:23:22 AM »
I doubt it. I think the Minis are supposed to what the blind bags and cheaper brushables are to the fashion-style ponies (I know there are those dolls with brushable ponytails but I don't think they have had a wide release?), just a cheaper version kids can buy with their pocket money.

It looks like Hasbro are trying to see how well highly articulated toys will sell with these and the new ponies. Personally, I can't wait. I love the designs from EG and it's taken Hasbro far too long to release toys that actually look like them (and as much as I love the brushable dolls, I hate the same face thing they all have). With their size I'm also wondering if they can "ride" the brushable ponies....that would be SO CUTE.

The Minis would have to sell A LOT for Hasbro to consider replacing the brushable dolls. I think it's just a peripheral line. As for the dolls going on clearance...I dunno, the nearest toy aisles have either axed the dolls all together after the same five sat there for months on end, or are still trying to get rid of Rainbow Power dolls :shrug: I think they're just clearing old stock.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 08:06:05 AM »
I hope so! You are talking about those adorable little mini Equestria Girl figures, right? :blush:  I perfer the mini chibi figures waaaay more and they are so much fun to photograph! The Toy Fair will reveal all! We have like one spot for EQG dolls left on the mod- for the 3rd Equestria Girl movie games dolls and thats it! xD I really hope they make a zillion more of the chibi vinyls! I know they are making Photo Finish and Adagio, and Sci Twi but omg I would absolutely die for a Cadance one!
:frolic:

If you are talking about blind bags...yeah there are soo many of those and as much as I love minis I wish they wouldnt make any more waves xD
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:08:49 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 08:49:04 AM »
Toy Fair will show the new stuff, if there is any, but what about things that were shown at last year's fair? I'm getting worried the rollerskating dolls won't get a US release.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 10:48:54 AM »
I noticed the EQG dolls were all gone from one Walmart after Christmas.. say only a few stragglers.. They haven't restocked them yet even after restocking all the other doll lines.. I'm kind of wondering if Hasbro has been more focused on the Disney dolls now
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 01:37:24 PM »
I noticed the EQG dolls were all gone from one Walmart after Christmas.. say only a few stragglers.. They haven't restocked them yet even after restocking all the other doll lines.. I'm kind of wondering if Hasbro has been more focused on the Disney dolls now

That makes a lot of sense. They both largely appeal to the same demographic.  Disney dolls are going to make them a whole lot more money than EG will. And they won't even have to do their own advertising/movies because Disney does it for them.

I don't think they'll completely drop Equestria Girls, but I can see them moving to the minis instead of the full sized dolls. 

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 01:42:29 PM »
I like the minis better. They translate from ponies much better in my opinion

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 03:08:44 PM »

That makes a lot of sense. They both largely appeal to the same demographic.  Disney dolls are going to make them a whole lot more money than EG will. And they won't even have to do their own advertising/movies because Disney does it for them.

I don't think they'll completely drop Equestria Girls, but I can see them moving to the minis instead of the full sized dolls. 

I thought Equestria Girls was supposed to skew slightly older than the Disney Princesses since High School stories tend to skew to an older audience than fairy tales.

I like the minis better. They translate from ponies much better in my opinion

Yeah but the Minis don't have brushable hair or more importantly fabric clothes.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:19:00 PM by Wardah »

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
Personally, I'd be okay with them focusing more on the minis than the dolls. The dolls were always weird to me, especially since they look nothing like their movie counterparts and didn't do much in the articulation area (I know some of them did, but most of them don't have range at all). I also don't care about brushable hair, removable clothes, etc. so that's probably another reason why the move wouldn't bother me at all. I'm just glad that there are Equestria Girls toys that I can enjoy now.
Instagram / Want List

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 05:00:33 PM »
Personally, I'd be okay with them focusing more on the minis than the dolls. The dolls were always weird to me, especially since they look nothing like their movie counterparts and didn't do much in the articulation area (I know some of them did, but most of them don't have range at all). I also don't care about brushable hair, removable clothes, etc. so that's probably another reason why the move wouldn't bother me at all. I'm just glad that there are Equestria Girls toys that I can enjoy now.
the Minis don't seem to have a decent range of motion in some areas.. like the heads... because of their molded hair some of the dolls can't really have much movement in the head XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 05:12:15 PM »
the Minis don't seem to have a decent range of motion in some areas.. like the heads... because of their molded hair some of the dolls can't really have much movement in the head XD

True, but I have some anime figures with the same issue. That just seems to be a common problem with characters that have a lot of hair. I'm not excusing it, just saying that I've noticed the same pattern with figures other than the EqG minis. ^.^
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal