collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unexpected pony luv  (Read 953 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Unexpected pony luv
« on: September 27, 2013, 07:35:41 PM »
Ever fall tail over teakettle for a pony you wouldn't normally expect to?

Case in point:  not being a "girly-girl," pink isn't one of my preferred colours.  Far from it, in fact.  I also tend to not like roses, nor much in the way of frou-frou things.  But when I found this lovely girl at thrift:

(photo kindly nabbed from Strawberry Reef until I get a pic of my own uploaded)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was :lovey: at first sight, and now she's front and centre on my display shelf.

So how about you - any unexpected pony luv happening?

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Unexpected pony luv
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 07:46:44 PM »
Um I cant think of any one pony at the moment, but Desert Rose is one pretty girl :)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:55:23 PM »
I can see where you're coming from, I've never been much of a girly girl, I strongly dislike roses and have long disliked the color pink. However that little beauty that you found, comes across as classy, and simple. Like there isn't too much pink, the rose is small and not all over her and I don't think she looks super girly at all :)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 08:25:23 PM »
Yep
I swore for years I thought g2 were ugly but after years of collecting and finally finding 3 in my hands and all thanks to thrifts I had to go and but the Puff in dragon suit on eBay this week
I bought him with no idea to symbol
Just went by how adorable that dragon suit is on him
And was like yea buy it!
I see a few others I want ... But I think I want a small amount
They are rarely found 2nd hand so owning that way feels good
I appreciate them more
But gosh darn it Puff was evil on evilbay

Offline wyndeboo

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »
yes for years i never liked applejack, then one day out of the blue... blamo I now have a small but growing Applejack army

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 09:25:55 PM »
Aww, Desert Rose is such a beautiful girl :lovey:

For me, one I can think of is Princess Pristina :) I didn't like the second set of princesses and I don't like neon yellow hair so she was an absolute "no" for me. I got her in a lot and fell in love with her instantly! Made me get the whole set of Princess Ponies just because of her :lol:
My Wish List

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 04:37:26 PM »
Not a specific pony, but there have been several times where I've felt very "meh" about a certain pony until I saw one in person.  Sometimes it's the hairstyle, sometimes it's the condition, sometimes the way they're displayed, but whatever it is, I suddenly fall in love with that pony and need to have her.  :P

Elf

Sandra

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 05:15:22 PM »
Twinkle Eyed ponies. I thought they were creepy at first, but now they're my favorite set out of all the G1s.

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 07:59:32 PM »
I broke down and bought my first Equestria Girls dolls today. I've never liked dolls. I appreciate the overall look and awesome articulation of the MH dolls, but I never wanted one. I didn't want to like the EqG dolls. I resisted as long as I possibly could, then I saw Sunset Shimmer today at Target and I folded like wet cardboard. I went in looking for glitter Wysteria (which they didn't have), and came out with the Twilight/Sunset 2-pack. :drunk:

Now I'm going to want at least one of each character. Why? Why does Sunset Shimmer have to be so irresistibly pretty???
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 08:04:54 PM »
Lemon Drop. Didn't care about her, but wanted a commission from Hannaliten and was looking through ponies I didn't own and went 'maybe... maybe!'

And now I have a g4 Lemon Drop, a regular issue, her two UK babies, and Dolly Mix LD.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 08:13:40 PM »
I broke down and bought my first Equestria Girls dolls today. I've never liked dolls. I appreciate the overall look and awesome articulation of the MH dolls, but I never wanted one. I didn't want to like the EqG dolls. I resisted as long as I possibly could, then I saw Sunset Shimmer today at Target and I folded like wet cardboard. I went in looking for glitter Wysteria (which they didn't have), and came out with the Twilight/Sunset 2-pack. :drunk:

Now I'm going to want at least one of each character. Why? Why does Sunset Shimmer have to be so irresistibly pretty???

I felt the same way about the EQD, I didn't like them, had zero interest in owning one. Then my hubby and I went to TRU and I saw a deluxe Fluttershy and instantly fell in love and had to have her :)

Lemon Drop. Didn't care about her, but wanted a commission from Hannaliten and was looking through ponies I didn't own and went 'maybe... maybe!'

And now I have a g4 Lemon Drop, a regular issue, her two UK babies, and Dolly Mix LD.

I would love to see a picture of your lemondrop that hannalitien did for you :)

Offline jupiterlily

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
  • 80’s baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »
For me it's the G4 line - I was very skeptical of them at first because they're so different than the previous generations I love so dearly.  Long before I started watching FiM I bought a Fluttershy and really fell in love.  Now I'm all about G4's, especially their small size and cute design.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 09:42:13 PM »

I wasn't too fond of the Skywishes from the TRU pack, especially not when she came with Sweetsong and they looked practically identical to each other. But neon Skywishes is gorgeous.

(From a character perspective: Zipzee. She felt like a really one-note character who sneezed a lot and ruined really pretty songs about gardening. But then she tried to organize the whole parade all by herself, and she tried so hard, and missed her friends so much, and my heart just broke.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:47:25 PM by VioletCLM »

BowtieG1

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 02:54:13 AM »
The 20" G3 plushies.

I never really wanted one (I always wanted a 3' one, but I've never even seen one), but after seeing a lot of pictures I decided to get one. I've got a few listings now and my boyfriend says he'll buy me one of them for christmas ;w;.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 10:13:45 AM »

I would love to see a picture of your lemondrop that hannalitien did for you :)

Sure! Just gotta actually be in the same room. I searched Hannaliten's posts and sadly if she ever posted it, it's a broken image link.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal