collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81048 times)

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #330 on: April 18, 2015, 09:44:46 AM »
I'm thinking about going down to TRU next Monday (the 27th) to stand in line to preorder the Greninja.  It's one per person  (O.o ) but I asked if there's an age limit on how old they have to be to preorder and the staff said no...  (wondering about having my 11 month old preorder one. :P )  I'm hoping to get a couple, two  for my kids and one for me to have as a trade guy.  I just don't know how long I'm willing to stand in line here...  >.<

There are a few that I would like, but right now the only want I actually want is Shulk...  I am hoping to get the new Xenoblade game for my 3DS and would like to have him for my system.

I just had to say that this kind of thing makes me really grumpy. It's one per person because they only get so many (not a lot. At all.) If you take 3, that's 2 families/collectors that don't get one at all. Why on earth do you think you need/deserve three when the rule is one per person? If everybody went in and ordered one for each of their kids and themselves, there'd be no point to the rule at all.
If they let your 11 month old order one I will not be impressed with you or the store. That's just ridiculous. Sorry.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #331 on: April 18, 2015, 10:11:09 AM »
Toys R Us lost my respect after the online preorder for greninja. They made a sick comment saying they had plenty of bowser, pikachu, mario, etc allll the common ones and that theres plenty of amiibos for everyone immedietly after greninja sold out. -_-

I persnally wouldnt bother standing in line waiting on the 27th. A ton of people will honestly show up at 5amish and usually (excluding preorders) they will probably have only 1 box of greninja (4). I personally went in to get mega man and sonic on the release date and they did NOT limit one per customer. The manager came out and told all of us ourselves 'first come first serve'.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 18, 2015, 11:22:40 AM »
I'm thinking about going down to TRU next Monday (the 27th) to stand in line to preorder the Greninja.  It's one per person  (O.o ) but I asked if there's an age limit on how old they have to be to preorder and the staff said no...  (wondering about having my 11 month old preorder one. :P )  I'm hoping to get a couple, two  for my kids and one for me to have as a trade guy.  I just don't know how long I'm willing to stand in line here...  >.<

There are a few that I would like, but right now the only want I actually want is Shulk...  I am hoping to get the new Xenoblade game for my 3DS and would like to have him for my system.

I just had to say that this kind of thing makes me really grumpy. It's one per person because they only get so many (not a lot. At all.) If you take 3, that's 2 families/collectors that don't get one at all. Why on earth do you think you need/deserve three when the rule is one per person? If everybody went in and ordered one for each of their kids and themselves, there'd be no point to the rule at all.
If they let your 11 month old order one I will not be impressed with you or the store. That's just ridiculous. Sorry.

A few thoughts to my reply -

A.)  I have four boys (and a 5th on the way) - and so doubles and even triples are necessary in our house.

B.)  My school-aged boys will be in school and as I am not going to pull them out of school to purchase them, I see no reason why my younger child can't purchase it for his brother in his place.

C.)  It's not my fault Nintendo is making this ridiculously hard to get ahold of.  It's supply and demand...the new Beanie Babies perhaps?  I'm not going out to be a scalper - I'm trying to get these for my kids. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 18, 2015, 01:28:21 PM »

A few thoughts to my reply -

A.)  I have four boys (and a 5th on the way) - and so doubles and even triples are necessary in our house.

B.)  My school-aged boys will be in school and as I am not going to pull them out of school to purchase them, I see no reason why my younger child can't purchase it for his brother in his place.

C.)  It's not my fault Nintendo is making this ridiculously hard to get ahold of.  It's supply and demand...the new Beanie Babies perhaps?  I'm not going out to be a scalper - I'm trying to get these for my kids.
I still completely disagree with your kids all needing their very own, rare, amiibo. Kids don't know the difference between rare/not rare, just the characters they like and having one to share among them should be more than enough. Like I said, if you get three, another family doesn't even get one to share. Your store is doing its best to prevent scalping, but also to make it fair for everyone to be able to enjoy the harder to get amiibos.

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 18, 2015, 01:53:29 PM »
First of all, they're toys aimed at elementary aged kids - these are cartoon characters.  Second of all - the ones that they're wanting are Pokemon.   Disagree all you want, that doesn't give you the right to tell me off.  Again, it's not my fault that Nintendo isn't producing enough for everyone.  Why does that mean that I have to limit my family of 6 to one per family?

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 18, 2015, 05:49:47 PM »
I'm just going to withhold a few of my personal comments, but I will say that I completely disagree with these being aimed at elementary school children.  Yes, they are meant to be used with games, but the games are mostly aimed at ALL AGES, not just children.  If your child isn't using the Amiibo with the games and just as a regular toy, there are plenty of regular toys of Nintendo characters they can get instead (ESPECIALLY of Pokemon).  No matter the age, the Amiibos were meant to be used with the various games on the 3DS and the Wii U.  That's their purpose.  There's no age limit on them, so... no, I can't agree with them being aimed at one specific age group.

Also, with them releasing the Amiibos in such small quantities, and having exclusives to certain stores with pick-ups that can start at midnight, pre-orders going up on websites at all hours of the night... how in the heck are these aimed at an age group that would have a harder time getting them than us adults are?  If these are meant for kids, Nintendo sure is heck isn't making that obvious.

Instagram / Want List

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2015, 06:18:46 PM »
I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.  Really, I'm not trying to.  I'm just trying to get these toys for my children, like thousands of other parents and I don't see that as a peoblem.

These are toys, regardless of ages and toys are meant for kids as well as collectors.  We use them  with our game systems.  They use the characters NOT for play but for the actual games.   They are made compatible with games for children so why should this be an adult only market?

We have a full set of Disney Infinity characters that they use for the games, and they take good care of them and use them properly.  My boys prefer Pokemon over Disney, so I am trying to get a few for their games.

*phew*

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2015, 06:26:36 PM »
I not offended at all, just saying (and I guess agreeing) that these are meant for people of all ages, not just children, not just adult collectors, but everyone.  Nintendo is completely at fault for making these almost impossible to get for a lot of us, and it isn't fair at all.  Especially since we're all so willing to throw our money at them.  It's really unfortunate that instead of being able to talk about how cool the Amiibos are, or how we're using them, we have to complain and vent our frustrations with how poorly they've been distributing them.  They really dropped the ball of these... and considering we've all been complaining about these from the beginning, and people have even tried to contact the necessary people to basically say "You're not handling this right", it feels like the fans aren't being listened to.  This is why I'm so done with Amiibos and I'm not going out of my way anymore to get the characters I like and want to use.
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2015, 10:01:35 AM »
From what I had heard earlier, TRU was supposed to have anywhere from 10-20 greninja and pacman for pre-order.
Not saying that I am going to be out there that day to get them. It ain't worth it to me anymore, as much as I like using Greninja.

Other than maybe a Mewtwo amiibo (I swear to Arceus, if Nintendo made Mewtwo a store exclusive, I'm gonna be SO mad) and the Marth restock, pretty sure I am not going to activly hunt out for amiibos anymore. I am happy I managed to get the two wave 4 preorders I wanted, but i have to agree that at this point in the game, it should not be this hard to get new amiibos.  We shouldnt have to:
1. Import from another region, thus taking that region's stock
2. Pull a black Friday and wait outside the stores hours before they open
3. Stalk websites at all hours of the day, in fear of missing a pre-order or a restock

in order to get an amiibo.  Dx Even just for our favorite characters.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2015, 11:04:43 AM »
I will be waiting for greninja on Monday and I'm really on the fence about him 1 hand I would like all Pokemon characters on the other I never got a lucario (was 5th in line and they had 4 -_- ) I will be in line at target the day the new ones come out for jigglypuff defiantly want.

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 20, 2015, 11:15:30 PM »
I'm just curious why wave 4 has much shorter availability than 3 with the port strike or any production delays supposedly being over.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2015, 04:49:28 AM »
I'm just curious why wave 4 has much shorter availability than 3 with the port strike or any production delays supposedly being over.

Well, the port strike isn't over but I'm pretty sure Nintendo (or the stores, not sure who) is just making up excuses at this point.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 26, 2015, 07:42:55 PM »
So, is any one going for the Toys R Us pre-order of Greninja tomorrow? I think I'm going to try, as I'm hoping to snag something that has some trade weight in my quest for Lucina and Robin. I have to be about five minutes away from a Toys R Us anyway tomorrow, so it makes sense to at least pop in :D lol

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 26, 2015, 07:47:54 PM »
So, is any one going for the Toys R Us pre-order of Greninja tomorrow? I think I'm going to try, as I'm hoping to snag something that has some trade weight in my quest for Lucina and Robin. I have to be about five minutes away from a Toys R Us anyway tomorrow, so it makes sense to at least pop in :D lol

I had plans to, but unfortunately my grandmother passed away yesterday afternoon.  I will be flying out in the morning to attend to family matters.

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 27, 2015, 06:24:52 AM »
I saw Sonic once and was going to get him later but when I went back to the store he was gone. 

Sorry for your loss Cloud Weaver.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal