collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81061 times)

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #315 on: April 09, 2015, 09:00:30 PM »
Feels like I'm the only one around here who's never actually seen an Amiibo. :enthralled:

I don't own a Wii U...yet, but I'm thinking of looking for a Kirby at Calgary Expo next week. Rainbow Curse looks adorable, and the Amiibo might be fun. ^.^

Kirby is starting to disappear. so if you want one, don't hesitate to grab him as soon as you find one.

Aaaaaaand, as expected EBGames finally announced that they messed up completely and will be mass-cancelling a bunch of preorders. Took them long enough. It's been going around that stores are getting 0-4 of the FE duo, so I know I'm not getting Robin. :huh: I'm not going to be able to wait outside a store for five hours on a weekday, so I'm out of luck.

When I get the call, I'm just cancelling Ness too, returning my other Amiibo, and pulling out of this whole mess. If Nintendo and retailers get their acts together by the time Lucas is released, and I find him on a store shelf at my leisure (none of this camping outside the store on release day), I'll pick him up, but otherwise, it just isn't worth it.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #316 on: April 10, 2015, 03:47:27 AM »
Really? Kirby is starting to disappear? He is everywhere here! Him and most of wave 1 excluding wiifit, villager, and fox. Whyyyyy didnt I grab fix when we had a ton of him around thanksgiving!?  :argh:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:49:17 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 10, 2015, 08:23:22 AM »
Kirby's starting to disappear? That's strange, even when our stores have less then 10 amiibo on the shelves he's there.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 10, 2015, 12:43:08 PM »
May just be Canada then? I haven't seen Kirby for sale online at all and most stores around me don't have him. I know others on the Canadian Amiibo reddit have been struggling to find him too. *shrugs*

I got my call today, but I was at work so didn't get to talk them. Their grand idea of compensation is giving 20% off an Amiibo until Apr 27....not only does that mean it can't be used towards another preorder, but they aren't even covering what I put down in the first place (let alone the bus fair it's going to take to get there). Needless to say I'm going to ask for a number where I can complain to someone that isn't an employee with no control over the situation. Otherwise, I'm done. I'll take my Amiibo money and treat myself to something else.

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #319 on: April 10, 2015, 06:18:26 PM »
Kirby's disappearing? Crap, I didn't want to waste more money on Amiibos...but Kirby is one of my favorites.

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 10, 2015, 10:42:05 PM »
Maybe I should check out EB and Walmart and whatnot tomorrow. I'm sure there will be at least one vendor selling Amiibos at Expo, but they'll be hideously overpriced. What isn't hideously overpriced at conventions? :silly:
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2015, 07:03:48 PM »
May just be Canada then? I haven't seen Kirby for sale online at all and most stores around me don't have him. I know others on the Canadian Amiibo reddit have been struggling to find him too. *shrugs*

I got my call today, but I was at work so didn't get to talk them. Their grand idea of compensation is giving 20% off an Amiibo until Apr 27....not only does that mean it can't be used towards another preorder, but they aren't even covering what I put down in the first place (let alone the bus fair it's going to take to get there). Needless to say I'm going to ask for a number where I can complain to someone that isn't an employee with no control over the situation. Otherwise, I'm done. I'll take my Amiibo money and treat myself to something else.

Yeah maybe it just depends on where you are...though I think we can (good naturedly) point the finger at all the people who do those adorable Kirby customs.

Screw that! I'd demand my money back asap pronto right away! if they can't honor the commitment then they need to compensate you properly or return your cash. What jerks!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 11, 2015, 07:57:46 PM »
I know my local Target doesn't have very many Kirby's left, but I'm one of those Kirby customizers so... :blush:

I was actually surprised I didn't see anyone selling Amiibos at the con I went to today.  Wonder if I'll see any at the con next weekend.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 12, 2015, 09:57:54 AM »
I know my local Target doesn't have very many Kirby's left, but I'm one of those Kirby customizers so... :blush:

I was actually surprised I didn't see anyone selling Amiibos at the con I went to today.  Wonder if I'll see any at the con next weekend.

I was just teasing ;) I love the Kirby customizers, they're so creative and its so much fun to see what they'll come up with next. Besides that Kirby is plentiful.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 13, 2015, 08:22:12 AM »

I was just teasing ;) I love the Kirby customizers, they're so creative and its so much fun to see what they'll come up with next. Besides that Kirby is plentiful.

True. I don't feel bad buying up Kirby since he's all over the place. Also, Kirby is a pretty easy base to work with. I'm not good with tiny details, so when I see a custom Bowser, for exampled, I'm completely wowed.

Right now I'm working on a Hypernova Kirby from Return to Dreamland but it's a pain! There are so many colors and I think I failed once. Gonna try again on another Kirby and hope it turns out better.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 13, 2015, 09:23:51 AM »

True. I don't feel bad buying up Kirby since he's all over the place. Also, Kirby is a pretty easy base to work with. I'm not good with tiny details, so when I see a custom Bowser, for exampled, I'm completely wowed.

Right now I'm working on a Hypernova Kirby from Return to Dreamland but it's a pain! There are so many colors and I think I failed once. Gonna try again on another Kirby and hope it turns out better.

That sounds awesome! :biggrin:

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 14, 2015, 08:36:57 PM »
Screw that! I'd demand my money back asap pronto right away! if they can't honor the commitment then they need to compensate you properly or return your cash. What jerks!

Oh they did refund the money I put down for the preorder, they're just being super greedy with their "We're sorry, we totally dropped the ball as a business". I'm not even mad that Robin was cancelled, I was prepared for that. I'm just mad at how completely unprofessional this was. They should be more than aware how popular Amiibo are at this point (being a game specialty store), and having experience with their own exclusive to boot. Even so, they had their website crash, and still proceeded to open in-store preorders the next day. On a holiday, when the majority of stores are closed. And kept preorders open for three days, because they were instructed to take preorders until they were told to stop. When the higher ups were ON VACATION and therefor not there to keep tabs. Best of all they hadn't even received confirmation on how many figures they'd receive. Why would you open preorders if you don't even know what you're getting? :facepalm: Apparently they haven't calculated store allocations for Ness yet so no doubt a lot of more cancellations are probably incoming (so glad I just cancelled them both). Heck, even the employee who was helping me with my cancel was ranting about the situation. Sorry for venting. I'm done I promise. You guys in the States had it rough too after all.  :huh:

Haha. Kirby is the most obvious character to customize, in my opinion. All those Kirby hats and powers to choose from! I would want a Mic Kirby and "Pet Rock" (the electric boulder power from Crystal Shards) Kirby. Yoshi would be a close second though, I need my rainbow dinos. :P

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 14, 2015, 08:45:28 PM »
Nothing infuriates me more than this Amiibo situation.
I was so excited for this whole Amiibo thing, as everyone else as.
By sheer force of will and obsession, I obtained a Gold Mario from my local comic book shoppe (who refuse to price up amiibos, and give the really rare ones like Pit and Wii Fit etc away as prizes on social media contests).
I'm just. I'm tired of how exhausting it is to chase them all down. I'm missing so many, and I'll be really upset if I can't get Charizard. I'm already super upset I'm missing Lucario and Rosalina.
That said, my local stores are chock full of sonic, bowser, luigi, diddykong, mario x2 varieties, peach x2, yoshi x2, kirby, etc and more so if you're looking for semi common/uncommon ones shoot me a message and I'll grab something for ya.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 15, 2015, 06:22:46 AM »
I got Dedede yesterday!  He's Japanese, but it doesn't matter... I finally have him!  Once I get Meta Knight, I'll be done actively looking for Amiibos.  It's just not worth the stress.  Congratulations Nintendo.  I was willing to throw more money at you, but you're dumb...

Anyway!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 06:25:04 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 18, 2015, 08:02:19 AM »
I'm thinking about going down to TRU next Monday (the 27th) to stand in line to preorder the Greninja.  It's one per person  (O.o ) but I asked if there's an age limit on how old they have to be to preorder and the staff said no...  (wondering about having my 11 month old preorder one. :P )  I'm hoping to get a couple, two  for my kids and one for me to have as a trade guy.  I just don't know how long I'm willing to stand in line here...  >.<

There are a few that I would like, but right now the only want I actually want is Shulk...  I am hoping to get the new Xenoblade game for my 3DS and would like to have him for my system.

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal