collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 40446 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2013, 08:43:14 AM »
I went to a Walmart last night and the deluxe Scaris dolls are $15! I picked up Clawdeen. :lol:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 24, 2013, 08:45:47 AM »
I see DC Howleen all the time too and this was the first time I heard her being difficult or even semi difficult to find. I really like her, but I am waiting for the DC five pack and so resisting the urge to get her and Robecca, I don't really care for Lagoona in that set.
Howleen won't be in the 5 pack, they took her out:( The distribution with the DC dolls is crazy, I've seen only 2 Howleens!

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 24, 2013, 08:48:29 AM »
For a doll that is meant to be played with eg GR Clawdeen and Venus, I wonder why they made them so fragile.

GR Clawdeen is slightly more excusable because she is more of a deluxe type doll, but Venus... yeah. It doesn't make sense. It's probably just cheaper to put barely enough fuzz to cover the paint than make it thick enough to withstand light play -_-

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 24, 2013, 08:52:27 AM »
I went to a Walmart last night and the deluxe Scaris dolls are $15! I picked up Clawdeen. :lol:

Crap... now I have to go look... ;)

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 24, 2013, 09:05:03 AM »
i finally saw a swimclass doll in store....unfortunately it was 7 Lagoona dolls....no Venus anywhere in sight  :shakefist:

I only want Lagoona out of the SC (already have Lala). I'm not really keen on that venus, I'm getting her musical festival version instead

I might have to give myself a doll limit soon. I will move in 2,5 months and my new room will be smaller than the one i have now... Maybe like max 3 per character (LOL). But that will be super hard because I have 3 Frankies and I really want her PD version as well...

Thinking about selling the Scary Tales doll. they are adorable, but they are so different in style from the rest of the dolls..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:08:04 AM by amenoo »

Adoptable made by me

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #320 on: March 24, 2013, 10:15:43 AM »
Thinking about selling the Scary Tales doll. they are adorable, but they are so different in style from the rest of the dolls..
I held off buying the Scary Tales for this exact reason.  Then I thought I'd just get Clawdeen.  Then I bought Frankie for my Mom (who's loves the dolls too).  So of course I had to get Draculaura so we'd have the set.  (My 70 yr old Mother lives with me so.....WE have the set) :P :lol: :P   Now that I have them I love them exactly because they're different in style from the rest of the dolls. 

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 24, 2013, 10:31:47 AM »
I am obsessed with ST Clawdeen! I love her outfit and the whole werewolf as Little Red Riding Hood is just perfect!

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #322 on: March 24, 2013, 10:34:14 AM »
I am obsessed with ST Clawdeen! I love her outfit and the whole werewolf as Little Red Riding Hood is just perfect!
I LOVE my ST Clawdeen.  She's actually my fav Clawdeen!!!   

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 24, 2013, 10:38:15 AM »
I LOVE my ST Clawdeen.  She's actually my fav Clawdeen!!!   

Uh oh, and i just swore, like on Friday, but I went back on that and bought DT Cleo, that no more dolls this month or the next. Then I bought two dolls off here, because... well, reasons! :)

ST Clawdeen is on my Want list and I will allow myself to get her in may. No more new dolls before then, honest. Except the ones i am trading, but those aren't for me...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 24, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »

Crap... now I have to go look... ;)

Shoot...I might have to go look too...:blush:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 24, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »

Funny thing is that Clawdeen is actually my least favourite ST doll Xd I don't like her make-up. I'll have a hard time parting from Lala though, she's just adorbs

Adoptable made by me

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 24, 2013, 11:08:56 AM »
Let this be a lesson: that stuff be fragile! It doesn't look too bad, worst comes to worst I can always take it all off and paint the leopard pattern on the scalp instead.

That actually sounds REALLY cool:)  I'd love to see a painted leopard scalp on her!

I have seen the swim dolls quite a bit now since they came out.  Kmart always has them and I have seen them at Barnes and Noble and Justice.  I got them when I first got them so I have Venus with the pink makeup and really want to get the green.  However, I am having trouble convincing myself to buy the same doll again for just a makeup change.  I was disappointed when I opened up the one I got because she did look just like sig and I like that each doll has new makeup.  I have thought about selling the first one but I don't want to do that in case she becomes hard to find later and worth more than retail (I know shouldn't think that way but I do). 

This is meant to help you buy that other Swim Venus (not be nitpicky :blush:) but isn't buying ANY double of a doll, buying "just for a make-up change?" :lol:  Plus, wouldn't owning Sig/Swim Venus be too much like owning Sig. than the green Swim doll?  Yep, you need that GREEN one! :biggrin:

I might have to give myself a doll limit soon. I will move in 2,5 months and my new room will be smaller than the one i have now... Maybe like max 3 per character (LOL). But that will be super hard because I have 3 Frankies and I really want her PD version as well...

AND helping you, too! :lol:  Buy PD Frankie and call her your third "Gil" or some other doll that DOESN'T have 3 releases yet:)  I can't be the only one around here with "too many dolls."  I won't have it!  Too many dolls FOR EVERYONE!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 24, 2013, 11:12:59 AM »
Just looked at Mandy's 'What's Coming Out' thread and I'm just shocked at how many dolls are coming out. There are just so many that my mind is on overload. I will probably be getting that third Clawd. And that dance Rochelle is just so darling...I wonder what her hair will look like when it's let down.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #328 on: March 24, 2013, 11:15:58 AM »
I love that red dress on your Gorgon girl, Tuneful <3

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 24, 2013, 11:18:05 AM »
I love that red dress on your Gorgon girl, Tuneful <3

Thanks, saply! That was made by the very talented bewilderness. You can see the whole photoshoot below. hehe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tuneful87/sets/72157632856463859/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal