collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: the time has come...  (Read 2144 times)

Offline mlp_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
the time has come...
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:04:01 AM »
It has been many years since I was last active as a pony collector (probably around 4 or 5).. currently all my ponies are locked in a cupboard in boxes where no one can appreciate their prettiness.

I feel selfish them being there where I can not enjoy and I think someone else will be able to give them the love that I once had for them.

My pony days are over, I'm at university studying a fashion degree, have a wonderful boyfriend and job which is able to support me for everything I need.

I have decided to sell all of my ponies (aside from a few that hold special memories). The money would be of great use to eventually buying a flat with my boyfriend.

I was wondering if there is a fayre anywhere in the UK this year where I could get a stall to sell them? this would be a great lot easier than ebay  :lol:  If so, I wonder if anyone would be willing to help me with this stall, I haven't been active for years and would have no idea where to start with prices and I can't even remember many of their names now!! I was mainly a collector of G1's but of course there are a few G2's and G3's aswell as playsets.

and of course thank you to you mlp arena!! I had lots of wonderful memories with you ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: the time has come...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:08:25 AM »
So sorry that you have decided to end your pony collecting, but I understand.

:hug:

I'm sure that many here would be willing to help you!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:09:26 AM »
I wish you the best of luck with your sales, sounds like life is being good to you! :)

You can get a stall at Ponycon to sell your ponies, it's always around October time.... theres always a sticky on here around april/may time announcing the location/date etc :) Also all the details would be on the ponycon forum too.

You could sell your collection on here aswell of course, by fixed prices or by taking offers. And sure we can help you with pricing :)

( btw I am starting a fashion degree at uni in September!)

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:43 AM »
Aw that's really sad. :(

Yes, do come to PonyCon, it is wonderful.

The other thing you could do is invite some UK peeps over before you go to the trouble of getting them all ready, if you wanted to shift a bunch a bit sooner. I'd make the 2 hour drive happily for ponies but I'm a bit skint right now so not much help to you unfortunately. ;)

If you are on the PonyCon forum, there is talk of a meet in Nottingham on the Easter weekend too. It would be a bit of a drive but depending on just how many you have to sell, it could be worth it.

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:35:57 AM »
I usually have a stall at ponycon so i can give you some price checks if you need them :) If you have any italian/nirvana/htf ponies they tend to sell better at the con than the more common ones unless you price them very cheaply, the UK exclusives i would recommend selling on here as they are more HTF to US collectors :)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 09:57:24 AM »
Hi darling!  How are you doing?

I can't add a lot more help, aside from the yearly UK fair as a nice option for you.  But if you have any TE ponies or variants to unload, please send me a pm.  ^-^

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
I think it would be nice to put up a thread here, especially for nirvanas and hard to finds. As there is always a market for them here! I have sold at ponycon too! Its a great experience and way to offload ponies.. :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:04:12 AM by Nappercasper »

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »
I think you'd be able to get a better market value on some of the HTF's and nirvanas if you sold online.  But the commons and others might best be sold off at a conference as you'd not have to deal with shipping.

I'm doing the same thing - keeping a handful of ponies, selling off my rarer ponies that I don't appreciate as much as others would, and am going to a small conference to unload the rest of my MIB G3's.  :faint:  I've got boxes of 'em!

P.S. - playsets are a *pain* to mail...best save those for craigslist (does the UK have that?), charity shops, or a pony fair.  ;)

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 10:21:31 AM »
sorry to hear your pony collecting days are over. but we all Know sooner or later you will be back at it, you can not escape, MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 10:35:11 AM »
Aww.. I wish you luck with your sales, although I hope you are not leaving the arena!
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »
That's really a shame :(

Best of luck with your sales though. I agree with putting variants, hard-to-finds and country-specific ponies on here as you will do better financially, and if you can get to Ponycon that would be a lot easier for you too depending on where they hold it this year :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 01:58:40 PM »
Life moves on! Its a shame when anyone sells their collection but your life sounds as though its working out perfect!!

I agree with the consensus you will get better money for htfs and rares through the Arena but if you have a lot of regular ponies a stall at UK PonyCon in October will probably make sales easier for you...

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal