collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65800 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2022, 09:56:17 PM »
Thanks! I was hoping not COVID again. Beanie boos are the various sizing stuffed animals with the "stare into your soul" eyes. I have over 15. Exact number: 27 i think? Ive had to stop with whatever my body has going on and rest. Grrrr... . I could maybe pm you showijg what i mean!

Oh those little guys! I actually bought a flamingo and a platypus to give the bridesmaids at my wedding, I just didn't know that's what they were called. I like how they made the characters from some quite oddly shaped animals and they really stand out.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2022, 01:09:18 PM »
I took the brown bins (composting) out for collection after a long work day and refilled the bird feeders. I also put out a new tray and filled it with water so they have something to drink and bathe in as it's so hot. It's mostly crows and magpies, and they chase away the songbirds, but it helps??
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2022, 01:42:26 PM »
Thanks! I was hoping not COVID again. Beanie boos are the various sizing stuffed animals with the "stare into your soul" eyes. I have over 15. Exact number: 27 i think? Ive had to stop with whatever my body has going on and rest. Grrrr... . I could maybe pm you showijg what i mean!

Oh those little guys! I actually bought a flamingo and a platypus to give the bridesmaids at my wedding, I just didn't know that's what they were called. I like how they made the characters from some quite oddly shaped animals and they really stand out.
Well now you know/remember!
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2022, 03:31:48 AM »
Good news: I made the ginger cookies!!! bad news: my sleep went skewed again!!! Ugly news: when eating the ginger cookies (which I KNOW I did well with two TEAspoons of ginger powder to reduce that to a level which didn't burn my mouth, as well as the normal stuff, they tasted off. Drank some hot chocolate: it also tasted off. Drank water: it tasted ok but my mouth felt off. Then the coughing increased (I have a permanent chesty cough to combat my misbehaving nose, but I noticed I was coughing more than usual). Woke up with a feel of discomfort from my tongue in a long line down to my chest, accompanied by a sore head, & still coughing more than normal. It's mild, but noticeable. I hope I'm better on time for Tuesday & the coffee morning; I'd hate to miss it, but if this is COVID I'm better off staying inside. The thing is, I can wear a mask doing everything else except drinking coffee & eating toast, scone, & pancakes.
Cooking anything to keep for a bit is obviously on hold too. Covid & related stuff is breathed, so I don't want to blow it into food
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2022, 05:42:03 AM »
Aw, that sucks, PBW :( I hope you don't have it, maybe it's just a cold.

Today is my dad's surgery, he's in there right now. I couldn't sleep and I think I have a touch of mania. I was out of my ADHD meds for about 5 days so when I took it again, it pushed me into a manic state. I slept two hours over 24 hours ago and am still up and awake and alert. Plus I feel really good, and that is usually not the case. I'd be in a great mood if I wasn't so worried about my dad.

Anyway, while I'm up I need to clean the kitchen (I neglected it yesterday because of art) and then work on more art. I have three custom ponies almost done (I think I've said that a few times now) and I'm going to make some hearts garland out of wool for my mom's birthday. I was able to order the sheep locks, so I can finally finish my little sheep!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2022, 12:22:56 PM »
@BC, Fingers crossed and lots of good wishes for your Dad's operation. I'm sorry to hear you're going throught that with your meds. I wish you could say you felt better for real, but knowing it's because your meds were out must be a bit scary. I used to do cleaning if I couldn't sleep, it's a great way to relax if you've got no choice. I hope you get some sleep and some good news about your Dad.

@PBW I'm sorry you've possibly got COVID and aren't feeling great. I am very much all about my stomach and when I'm ill one of the things I dislike most is having my apetite messed up. Can you get a test in time for coffee morning? I hope your support workers are checking in with you.

@Ladyfrostbite I've been giving water to the birds this summer as well. Our next door neighbour feeds them a lot (probably too much because we have rats). But it's been very dry recently, so it's nice to see them splashing about.

My day was quiet, I'm so relieved not to have to go to work. I took today off as holiday because I thought my parents were coming over on Sunday and I needed to clean the house. Husband made me cancel because we haven't finished painting the interior doors including the bathroom door, lol. It's been too hot to get them finished. I did some gardening before 9am and then laundry and then resting. Very pleasant.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2022, 12:44:55 PM »
We should have rats considering we're right by the river (it's not dry but pretty low), I've been watching for them but the council took steps to close pipes and stuff where they can hide, and me/my neighbour are watching for any signs. To be honest, the way the crows and magpies have been scarfing down the food, there won't be anything left for any rats!!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2022, 12:51:36 PM »
working today. picking up groceries. probably getting takeout for dinner since it was pay day. i woke up in the middle of the night for some reason. and then the dogs woke up. then my partner woke up and Luna, the puppy wanted to go out. so it messed up our sleep. i ended up sleeping in a few hours. normally i like to get up at 5 so i have plenty of time to myself before work. but i slept until 7. thankfully no early calls.

it's still super hot. for the last few days there have been clouds in the afternoon and some rain in surrounding areas. but no rain here :( it's so dry the ground is cracking.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2022, 05:39:45 PM »
Thanks, Artie :) He came through the surgery okay. My WYP thread has more details.

I had an appointment with my psychiatrist today that I almost forgot about. I told her about the manic episode. She told me if it happens again to only take half the capsule. But I kinda like it. I get a lot done lol. But she said it messes with your impulse control and I did make two purchases that maaaaaybe I shouldn't have. I have enough to cover them, but yeah, I'd say they were pretty impulsive buys. No ponies unfortunately!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2022, 04:51:38 AM »
BC, Glad he made it through. Hope other things can be sorted too. You deffo want to keep check of your purchasing xxx

IT
IS
HOT
Fridge-freezer finding it hard to cope, AGAIN, so more ice-chipping & changing over tea towels. Texting people to say why I might not be at coffee. Found out pal has appointments every Tuesday, right when coffee is!!! Bummer... Otherwise taking it easy. Got another package in. got some nice sleep & drank water like a fish. Today taste still off & tongue still funny but a bit better. Still hot & still swapping tea towels out, & will likely have to chip some more ice. But as long as I stay indoors & hydrate, everything else will get better...

Except the fridge-freezer. If only I could price out some new ones with people who can take the old one away, without spending money I don't have or other complications
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2022, 05:37:35 AM »
@PBK i hope you find a new fridge. @BC i'm glad your dad made it through. :)

snuggled with the doggies this morning. Luna is doing well. she's been chewing some but seems to respond when i tell her no. she did eat a hole in one of my blankets which i'm not happy about. i also need to run the carpet cleaner today because of some accidents. don't worry i still love her :) she's doing well considering it's only been a couple of weeks.

i'm going over to my parent's to look at some pictures to maybe put up in the house. we already picked some out but apparently i need to do it again. TBH i don't really want too many of them. i still have some stuff i bought to hang on the wall. but i'll take some if it makes them feel better.

Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2022, 01:38:02 PM »
@BC I'm glad to hear Dad's surgery went OK. It's funny I nearly typed out "maybe you should hide your credit card" but then I thought, that's not a thing any more and anyway how do you hide something from yourself. It got too complicated, and sure enough there were impulse purchases  ;) :lol: Have to say though... Impulse purchases often turn out to be things I really enjoy and value a lot so hopefully yours will be too.

@PBW It sounds as though you're doing a good job taking care of yourself. I'm sorry about the fridge freezer, just keeping the door shut in the hottest part of the day might help.

@Beth, I still have so many prints and painting and photos that I need to get framed or some that are framed and I just haven't put them up. The problem is my husband gets incredibly anxious about drilling into walls. He loves a blank pristine wall for some reason. I think I may just need to bite the bullet and do it myself.

My day... I got my teeth cleaned! Yay! I feel like one of those big fish that has little fish swimming next to it picking off the barnacles. I also rearranged a section of the garden, putting our furniture at the side of the house hidden from Mrs Ghastly and Master Ghastly. They would have to lean right out of their bathroom window to see us. Junkyard Jim might be able to hear us talking through his downstairs bathroom window, but I guess we can whisper.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 01:41:42 PM by Artemesia's Garden »

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2022, 01:40:59 PM »
ITS TOO HOT WHY IS IT HOT. The weirdest thing is it got HOTTER over the day?? Like it didn't start to cool after 5pm like you'd expect?? Go away heat, your shift is over!!

I went to the farm where I will be boarding my small pets whilst I go on holiday, as I wanted to be happy with where they are being kept. They will be kept in a nice room and there will be a TV on for some stimulation, plus they'll have each other. I was concerned about the cat but I was told the cat does not bother with pets at all and mostly saunters off to do his own thing. He was very much a lazy bones, flopping onto the floor whenever he thinks he'll get attention which was funny. I think I'll put a warning in anyway to make sure the cat doesn't touch them as cats can transmit gram-negative bacteria to birds via wounds and that can kill them VERY quickly as they have no resistance to it

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2022, 01:46:01 PM »
ITS TOO HOT WHY IS IT HOT. The weirdest thing is it got HOTTER over the day?? Like it didn't start to cool after 5pm like you'd expect?? Go away heat, your shift is over!!

I went to the farm where I will be boarding my small pets whilst I go on holiday, as I wanted to be happy with where they are being kept. They will be kept in a nice room and there will be a TV on for some stimulation, plus they'll have each other. I was concerned about the cat but I was told the cat does not bother with pets at all and mostly saunters off to do his own thing. He was very much a lazy bones, flopping onto the floor whenever he thinks he'll get attention which was funny. I think I'll put a warning in anyway to make sure the cat doesn't touch them as cats can transmit gram-negative bacteria to birds via wounds and that can kill them VERY quickly as they have no resistance to it

That's interesting, I wonder whether that's why it's almost impossible to save a bird that's been caught by a cat even if it doesn't seem to be injured... As for the weather, it's horrid. I've had three freezing cold showers today.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2022, 01:50:08 PM »

That's interesting, I wonder whether that's why it's almost impossible to save a bird that's been caught by a cat even if it doesn't seem to be injured... As for the weather, it's horrid. I've had three freezing cold showers today.

That's exactly why, same with reptiles (the gram-negative bacteria part), that's one reason there's such a big call against free-roaming cats. The bacteria is in their mouths and obviously transfers to their coats and claws when grooming

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal