collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Exotic Cheese! Which to try?  (Read 4310 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Exotic Cheese! Which to try?
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2014, 05:39:42 AM »
Omg omg omg ongomgggg! I just tried smoked applewood gruyere and im IN LOVE!
:frolic: :lovey: :hearts: :dance: :yippee:

Its AMAZING with my green pear!!! Im eating it right now and Ive about eaten the whole block!!! Is there anything similar to gruyere? I LOVE the firmness of this cheese!! The smokey taste is to DIE FOR! My poooor cholesterol levels... i need to buy more of this asap!

Post Merge: November 26, 2014, 05:53:35 AM

EDIT: gruyere is GONE! My hubby and I (well..... mostly me) just ate the block! My chesti going to start hurting again....but it was SO GOOD! Im really dissapointed in myself for not buying two! Im scared to go to the grocery store today with it being the day before thanksgiving. I even sucked on the pieces too to savor the smokey taste! I feel SO guily i cannot believe in 12 minuted I ate an entire block of cheese.
 :yikes:

I HAVE to try that cave-aged gruyere! I had to google what the term meant, just older more mature cheese. The one I had had to have been younger cheese, mine wasnt as dark on the rind.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:53:35 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2014, 06:07:21 AM »
It's really really good!  I didn't know it existed until recently when I was traveling.  My home town is really lacking in cheese variety, but I hit cheese heaven at a Wegmans grocery store. 

Post Merge: November 26, 2014, 06:57:11 AM

Piave is the name of the other cheese I couldn't remember.   Looks like some others mentioned it too.  It's good!  And it's a hard cheese. Pretty sharp tasting to me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:58:36 AM by Marigold »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 11:25:16 AM »
OMG! I tried chocolate cheese fudge for the first time and it is soooo wonderful. Made with Havarti cheese, cocoa, cream, and sugar. It's the best fudge I've ever had, so creamy and just delicious. <3

I wish I wasn't diabetic, I can only have a tiny little smidgen at a time. But it's soooo good I just wish I could devour the whole block LOL.

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2014, 11:35:40 AM »
Cheese!  Oh, dear.  I do love me some cheese.  Smoked anything is pretty much the best, especially applewood smoked.  I also love bricks of asiago and parmesan.  I slice them up and eat them by the slivers. 
When I lived in Wisconsin, the very best of all the things were fresh, squeaky cheesecurds.  OMG. Yum.
Currently in my fridge is a brick of smoked cheddar that is going super well with my tostitos and salsa.  I just can't get enough smoked cheeses.
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2014, 12:45:23 PM »
Munster
Gouda
Havarti
Brie
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 09:06:13 PM »
Anyone tried Kerrygold irish cheese?

I'm also a fan of goat cheese, blue cheese, havarti with dill (it tastes like a pickle!), and your basic smoked Gouda.

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 09:31:53 PM »
Thrice- kerrygold makes several cheeses, but I think you might be referring to dubliner. Dubliner is a really tasty cheese. It reminds me of aged Gouda, but has a stronger flavor.

My favorite is Chimay cheese. I love every stinky bit of it, rind and all. Since I'm preggo I've been avoiding soft cheeses, but this thread makes it hard.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2014, 11:27:29 AM »
So i found out im a fan of Stilton!!! I love the kind with fruit in it for my salads now!! At first I didnt like it, but after gradually eating it day-to-day I really like to come home and nibble on it! It crumbles everywhere, but its tasty!! I ate some before bed, lets see if I get weird dreams! :devious:

Also I tried a type of norwegian goat cheese! It was called snofrisk I think? It was $14.99 but at Whole Foods they let me sample it and cut me off a tiny chunk for $3. I liked it, it had a slightly mozzarella taste to it!

Also I dunno if I mentioned this but I DID try cave-aged gruyere! It was black/grey on the rind. Very very tastey!!! :D It would have been even better smoked!! I got to sample it at Whole Foods for freee! It was $20 a pound I think!? I got just a tiny nibblet bit it was amazing!!!! :) Anyone who likes swiss will really love it!

I also saw at Tom Thumb some kind of cheese that was pink and started with a C. I dont remember the name of it but it looked good! xD

Post Merge: December 13, 2014, 11:28:37 AM

OMG! I tried chocolate cheese fudge for the first time and it is soooo wonderful. Made with Havarti cheese, cocoa, cream, and sugar. It's the best fudge I've ever had, so creamy and just delicious. <3

I wish I wasn't diabetic, I can only have a tiny little smidgen at a time. But it's soooo good I just wish I could devour the whole block LOL.

Wheeere can I buy some!?? Im quite a fan of Havarti!!!

lela

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2014, 03:17:18 AM »
I love homemade cheese, here's a call coalho, where you baked in the coals and he permanesse hard and crunchy on the outside but well melted inside a delight, the good that every place has a unique cheese

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2014, 05:18:45 PM »
Omg omg omg ongomgggg! I just tried smoked applewood gruyere and im IN LOVE!
:frolic: :lovey: :hearts: :dance: :yippee:

I had samples of some smoked applewood cheddar when I was in NZ last year, and it changed my life lol. I don't have cash for "fancy" cheeses, but I am absolutely addicted to those Laughing Cow Mini Babybel snack cheeses!

When I was a kid, I was very...willful...and insisted I would not eat cheese. No cheese on MY pizza, just tons of that stringy white stuff if you please!  :drunk:  I'm on a mission to make up for what I've been missing by making a point to try different kinds now whenever I can.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »

Post Merge: December 13, 2014, 11:28:37 AM

Wheeere can I buy some!?? Im quite a fan of Havarti!!!

The brand I got was this - http://sugarbrookfarms.net/kellys-kitchen/ - looks like you have to e-mail them for possible locations to buy it. I found mine at Hy-Vee - I'm not sure if you have that in Texas? Good luck though I hope you can find some!! :D

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline Lilithdrff

• Altered Soul
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
    • AlteredTime Design
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2014, 09:15:27 PM »
I don't know much about cheese, but I do love me a good Havarti. My husband is obsessed with Munster.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal