collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New :muffin: Pony Pics on Taoboa  (Read 25863 times)

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New :muffin: Pony Pics on Taoboa
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 04:53:10 AM »
Knowing where that'll lead, yes, the nerve indeed.

As for the toy itself: You folks readying your wallets for the scalper-apocalypse?

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 04:59:11 AM »
So... if one does not go to the Con, where does one get a pony?

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 05:06:09 AM »
If this is real, I'm beyond shocked Hasbro would ever release her after all of the drama her incredibly poor introduction caused.

My thoughts exactly
Same here. Watch her not be named :muffin: Pony Hooves though.

AubadePrism

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 05:30:38 AM »
How much are these ponies usually at Comic Con? I have a friend going and I need to know how much money to give her XD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 05:33:59 AM »
CC ponies are normally $35 each on the Hasbro stand.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 05:43:04 AM »
Oh you're so lucky! I wish I knew someone that was going. I need one of these!!

I love :muffin: Pony so much. It's a shame that there is so much controversy around her even in this community.  You can't make everyone happy and I think it's a good thing that Hasbro is listening to fans. I'm just glad everything coming out isn't all pink on pink! Maybe they'll do something really special for us older collectors for the 30th anniversary then, like some G1 ponies in G4 style :-)

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 05:43:15 AM »
i LOVE that box art!
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 05:53:41 AM »
I really don't know anything about Comic Con exclusives and have been wondering for quite awhile now...Are these exclusives being sold at all the Comic Cons, or just the San Diego one? I know my boyfriend's going to the CC in Philadelphia this year, and I'm wondering if it's possible that it'll be available there...I apologize again for the probably stupid question! I've been holding onto this small thread of hope for awhile now for Monster High as well :P

As far as I know, San Diego only.  Hasbro does sell them for a short time after the con too.  I really hope I manage to get a badge next week...between this and the monster high exclusive, I REALLY wanna go x.x

Where does Hasbro sell them after the con?  On their site???
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 05:58:12 AM »

Where does Hasbro sell them after the con?  On their site???

Yes, but you have to be very vigilant to get one, because of course every G.I. Joe / Transformers / MLP / etc fan is storming the site that day, trying to get their fandom exclusive.

I just about had a heart attack when the SDCC red superhero pony was there, because the site kept going down.  I kept trying and trying to get one and my order would NOT go through.

Or so I thought.

A week later thirteen SDCC showed up on my doorstep.  (And yes, I was charged for all of them--even though the credit card confirmation email only came through on ONE of them!!)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 06:03:30 AM »
Yes, the nerve of the studio, putting a small image on an accessory held by a pony in the background that no one would ever notice unless they were specifically looking for it. Shame on them for trying to show their fans how much they appreciate them.
I'm kind of ambivalent on this issue.  It's neat that there's so much creative output from the fans, but at the same time, it seems like so many of them take a very uncreative approach to the material, pulling broad generalizations out of minor details, and continuing one another's silly in-jokes long past the point where they were actually funny.  In this case, why is it that :muffin: Pony appearing in a whole crowd of ponies that wanted muffins means that she in particular has to be defined by an obsession with muffins?  It doesn't make sense to me, and I'm not sure that this kind of thinking is what Hasbro should be making tributes to.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 06:10:15 AM »
I need to save some money, I'd love to get one if she is legit.   

I know some are upset they are not still using the same G3 molds, but it does make more sense (to me) for them to have the current G4 molds as the new exclusive.

Anyway, reguardless of whatever all the controversy is (which I don't think I know what it is all about) I think she is a cute pony.  I like her colors and her silliness.  <3    No, she isn't as decorative as other exclusives, but I like her simplicity.   <3

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 06:14:17 AM »
Are there any people going to the con or trying to get MIB from Taobao that would be able to snatch as many as they can?  Down here in Aus I have little to no chance of getting a :muffin: Pony now, bummed at Hasbro for that. I mean, I can't even get one off the website because they don't sell internationally... Hasbro isn't being very nice to international fans of the show, and they're not being very smart about it on a whole. I mean seriously, do they want to make a profit with her or do they want to sell limited numbers and watch people scalp fans for huge amounts selling on eBay when those profits could be theirs?! Strikes me as silly.  :huh:

It is funny the details fans pull out of the show about background ponies, nothing against it though. The only pony I really know is :muffin: Pony and she represents a certain 'power to the people' thing for me. I know the names of a few others and have seen them doing their meme but I'm really not that fussed with them.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2012, 06:14:42 AM »
I will add, in a fit of smugness, that I knew she was real all along despite what EQD said.  And am fine with them releasing her as long as they don't put the name ":muffin: Pony" on the box.

I'm not going to be after her myself, though, because I really don't like the wings on the Fashion Styling ponies at all.  They're just weirdly big.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2012, 06:16:10 AM »
A week later thirteen SDCC showed up on my doorstep.  (And yes, I was charged for all of them--even though the credit card confirmation email only came through on ONE of them!!)

ROFL!!!!!!!

I needed that - thanks!  Just snorted coffee everywhere!   :lmao:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2012, 06:34:47 AM »
Oh well, I don't mind her being the Comic con pony, means I save money as I really don't like the fashion style pose or size. I do hope there will be a regular size release sometime though. Changing over to G4 style makes sense I guess, and I don't like the G3 mold anyway so it's not upsetting me. I had to have last years though, gorgeous she is ^^. In general I am happy when I don't like new releases, more money can be spent on my main passion G1 ponies :D <3.

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal