collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seller to watch out for; indiejones09 on ebay, angela22 here  (Read 6171 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Seller to watch out for; indiejones09 on ebay, angela22 here
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2014, 11:40:41 PM »
I changed the title to add her names, not out of spite, but as a warning to anyone who might bid.

Here are some of the picks I took before sending them back.  Flocking is a tricky thing to properly take a picture of. 

I was trying to photograph the brown spots that's on her body, but if you look closely, you can see some of the flocking that rubbed off Crumpet covering Bonnie Bonnets
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The back of her NDS ear

Her lip, nostril and eyebrow

Back of feet/legs

Bare spot on neck

It's hard to say what was there already, and what was caused by her not being protected when shipped.  I assume it was made worse because of the flocking covering the other ponies and the envelope itself.  Either way, definitely not my idea of NM.  The seller hasn't said anything to me at all since offering the resolution that I could return them.  She did admit that she charged me $29 for shipping eventually, saying her husband took care of it for her, but did not offer an apology.  I wrote to her the day after the tracking said they were received to ask her for the refund, and she processed 3 of the 4, but never responded at all. 

For Crumpet, ebay said an echeque was being processed and should have been in my paypal account as of the 14th (yesterday).  Yesterday I got the message to close the case, or escalate if I hadn't received my refund.  I escalated and I still haven't heard anything back.

Post Merge: January 15, 2014, 06:00:23 AM

Now I've got a new message from ebay, again saying that the seller has issued a refund, and an echeck should be processed by Jan 19th now.  The case was automatically closed, even though the last round of this (waiting for the echeck refund to go through into my account) did not go through.  I am so beyond frustrated right now.  I just want this to be done so I can move on.

-------------------------------------------------------
update

I got this message via paypal.

"This email confirms that the Pending Refund you received for $84.50 USD from (seller's email address) has cleared. The funds are now reflected in your PayPal balance."

I checked paypal, and there's no refund still.  What on earth is going on?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:13:13 AM by ButtercreamDream »

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2014, 06:09:51 AM »
Oh Buttercream I'm so sorry. :( I really hope the echeck gets processed ok! :hug:
Thank you for posting pictures of Bonnie Bonnets. It's good to get an idea of what to expect when she arrives.
:hug:

sosoftbuttons

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2014, 06:13:07 AM »
did you pay for her on a credit card? maybe paypal sent the refund to your credit card, they did to me once and I was freaking out as the money should have been there but it wasn't, although it was - just on my credit card ;)

ETA: I dunno how those echeck things work, but is it a real thing? is there some way a seller can say they will 'send' an echeck but not actually send it?!? :yikes:

I do hope this gets sorted out soon...  sorry your having such a nightmare with it all :hug:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:15:22 AM by sosoftbuttons »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2014, 06:17:30 AM »
That's a good idea to check your credit card activity -- be sure to check the "pending transactions" area since sometimes it can take a few days to post.  If it's not there, it sounds like a Paypal issue.  Also, check the bank account too.  Maybe echecks are directly deposited. 

Since Paypal says you should have the refund and Paypal isn't showing the refund, I would contact Paypal immediately. They should be able to see the same thing you are and sort it out.   

Fisha Seabreeze

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:02 AM »
Scammers make me so mad! :pullhair: :razz: :angry: :argh: :rant: Ruining the pony collecting experiance for everyone!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2014, 08:59:48 AM »
Hey everyone,

I called paypal today, and sosoftbuttons was correct.  Because I paid instantly with Buy It Now, the charge came of the credit card.  I haven't received the last refund yet, but the person I spoke with was able to confirm that it had been initiated and should be credited to my card with a few days.

I guess everything is wrapped up now.  I'm off to leave feedback, although there's a lot to explain in very few characters.

As for telling her about this thread, I didn't imagine it would help anything.  She was so defensive when I told her about the problem that I don't imagine she's about to change her ways =/

Thank you everyone for your support and advice, and Sabrina, I hope Bonnie Bonnets cleans up ok.  Honestly, I felt I could have restored the others, but I didn't feel they were worth what I paid, and the seller was so rude that I decided I'd rather give my money to sellers I know are good instead.  I don't know what the brown marks on her were, but hopefully they'll clean off.

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2014, 12:37:09 PM »
Oh I'm so glad everything is going to be ok with your refund! :hug:
Thanks about Bonnie Bonnets. :)
I'm really sorry you had to go through all this, it's not fair at all. But thank you for letting us all know so we know to watch out for this seller.
I hope you feel better and find a new Crumpet soon. I'll keep an eye out for her for you. :hug:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:40:00 PM by Sabrina »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2014, 08:23:44 PM »
That's good news that your refund is indeed going to go through.

*note* I have locked her sales page. While I understand issues do arise, it is the manner in which they are handled that matters most. Relisting items that you do not have is not only against eBay policy, it is also dishonest. If she wants to come back and explain why the ponies were relisted without having them back in hand or why the descriptions were not changed, she is free to PM me and explain her side.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:47 PM »
I'm really happy that you managed to clear things up with Paypal and that you are finally getting your refund  :hug:  I'm glad you're leaving some appropriate feedback too!  :bigups:

*note* I have locked her sales page. While I understand issues do arise, it is the manner in which they are handled that matters most. Relisting items that you do not have is not only against eBay policy, it is also dishonest. If she wants to come back and explain why the ponies were relisted without having them back in hand or why the descriptions were not changed, she is free to PM me and explain her side.

I agree with you totally PL :like:  ^^ 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2014, 10:39:59 AM »
I left negative feedback after thinking about it for a while.  I don't think I've had to leave negative on ebay before.  Even when things go wrong, sellers will usually work with you to make it right, and not respond rudely.  It's not a good feeling to leave bad feedback, but I would want to be warned after that, and at the end of the day, I'm still out $ from having to return everything with tracking with tracking and insurance.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2014, 11:14:16 AM »
I think a negative is fair in this case.  You had to have ebay refund you on Crumpet because she refused it, right?

Just, what a scam artist.  From what I've read on her sales postings, it sounds as if she's trying to sell all her ponies and get out maybe?  She doesn't have to burn all her bridges to do so!  I originally came back to the arena to sell off all my ponies too, but ended up getting into nirvana ponies.  XD

But that said, the beat up Crumpet went for $40+.  Which is nearly the price I paid for my absolutely mint Crumpet.  :/  Who really now only cost me $37 because I sold the other pony that came with her. 

We'll see if we hear from the new owner if they like Crumpet beat up versus mint.  :/ 

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2014, 02:49:54 PM »
Oh boy. I hope the buyer is an Arena member so we can find out how she arrives. Who wants to bet she'll be shipped in a cardboard mailer like before?

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2014, 08:56:55 PM »
Oh boy. I hope the buyer is an Arena member so we can find out how she arrives. Who wants to bet she'll be shipped in a cardboard mailer like before?

Cardboard?

If she could manage the cardboard mailers, it might not be an issue, but she's using the wax paper envelopes. 

Which I do use.

But not for ponies.

I send Kimono and vintage clothing out in them as it's really practical.  BUT I STILL BAG AND WRAP THE ITEMS FIRST TO ADD SOME EXTRA PROTECTION. 

I assure you, this isn't the last of this seller.  :/ 

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2014, 04:37:56 AM »

I assure you, this isn't the last of this seller.  :/ 

Unfortunately you're probably right. 
 Problem sellers who dont deal with their issues do often show up again and again (with buyers still having the same issues with them) - either under the same ID or another  :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2014, 06:11:43 PM »
Well, at least this thread can continue for a little while longer to stay fresh in everyone's minds, thanks to Sabrina keeping us apprised of Bonnie's condition and salvageability. I'm so shaking my head over this situation. I'm sorry y'all had to go through this.mto be so excited to get a pony (or anything) you've wanted for so long to not only not get it in the condition you expect but to see it actually abused...it's a shame.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal