collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay...  (Read 868 times)

Pizzlypuzzly123

• Trade Count: (0)
eBay...
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:21:40 AM »
Ebay.... Should i tell people its greatly appreciated to give me feedback?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:08:22 PM by BeaverCat »

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
Re: eBay...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:32:53 AM »
I have started not giving feedback unless I get it, first. I pay within 24 hours if not immediately after the auction ends - which is all I'm required to do, PAY! and still I get nothing.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Pizzlypuzzly123

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:33:48 AM »
What do you mean by that? I always send out the package the next day after I receive the payment....

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:36:01 AM »
I find it very common for not everyone in ebay to leave feedback. Once I sold a $75 item and they never gave me any feedback, positive or negative! I think it's just something to accept when selling on ebay. If the buyer hasn't complained and it's been a week or two, you're probably safe.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies...
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 11:07:34 AM »
oops, wrong topic, please delete.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:09:39 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE LOCK TOPIC!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
About 50% of the items I buy/sell, I get no feedback for.  :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »
I didn't receive feedback for at least 25 or so items I sold recently. So now as a seller I wait for feedback first before leaving it. As a buyer I always leave feedback.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 12:08:05 PM »
1) We dont lock topics :) And I am going to put the thread title back in because otherwise its pretty confusing.

2) I am going to pop this over to the Trader Support forum for you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 02:19:17 PM »
I didn't receive feedback for at least 25 or so items I sold recently. So now as a seller I wait for feedback first before leaving it. As a buyer I always leave feedback.

Ditto and I'm finding that about 25% of sellers don't leave feedback even though I as a buyer have left them feedback. Those are the sellers I won't buy from again. I think leaving feedback for your buyer is part of a good transaction.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 05:34:58 PM »
What do you mean by that? I always send out the package the next day after I receive the payment....

I mean feedback wise. As a buyer I fulfilled my end of the bargain - I paid. The seller i wait to give feedback on until I have the item. I'm finding recently a lot of times though I get no feedback at all.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »

I do the same thing as a seller.....and it seems like the more I sell the less feedback I get. It is frustrating. I always wonder if maybe I went ahead and left the buyer feedback that it would remind them or encourage them to leave me feedback. But I still haven't been willing to take the risk of leaving them feedback before I know if they are going to be a crazy ebayer..... :huh:

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 08:09:11 PM »
feedback is optional. Also, as a buyer, it serves no purpose.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 04:42:46 AM »
I dont think it hurts to ask for feedback in a note included with the item or a  message later - not demanding it as some ebayers so - but something along the lines of " I hope that you were pleased with our transaction -if so then I would very much appreciate it you left me some feedback. If you have any questions or problems please dont hesitate to contact me  etc etc " something like that. or say that you are hoping to build up your feedback or whatever - something polite in your own words  :awake:

I find it frustrating when people dont bother to leave leave feedback in all honesty. On ebay the amount of people who just dont bother to leave feedback these days is a real nuisance when you're a seller :(  I reckon about a third of people dont bother *sigh* .  Now with me ok fine the person must be happy with the item, plus I can see if they've recieved it because I send it with DC - but I'd still like some feedback so that potential customers can see that there have been no issues with recent sales as well as older sales .... and most important , as a buyer I like to see feedbacks before I purchase something to see if there are any potential problems with a particular seller that I need to be aware of before I buy from them. When people dont leave honest feedback/dont bother to leave any feedback , it can hide the true nature of a seller and can lead to all sorts of issues (for example a real dodgy scammer I ran into earlier in the year didnt have a ton of bad feedback to reflect that so I thought all was going to be ok..I was very wrong! :yikes: )
I know ebay is a pain when it comes to sellers leaving buyers feedback since you cant leave anything but positive - which is ridiculous since there are no end of problem buyers put there as well. ugh.  I tend to leave my buyers feedback once they've left feedback for me as a seller now (providing there were no issues of course) when I used to leave feedback as soon as they had paid in the past.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 08:20:12 AM »
as more a buyer than a seller I don't understand. if you can only leave positive feedback and I haven't created a ton of issues (ie, I paid on time...), why wait to leave feedback?

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 09:07:06 AM »
as more a buyer than a seller I don't understand. if you can only leave positive feedback and I haven't created a ton of issues (ie, I paid on time...), why wait to leave feedback?
Because if that buyer is a nuisance buyer (files a claim 2 days after the transaction without giving adequate shipping time, leaves low stars or negative or neutral without giving you a chance to make whatever the problem is right) the I am not going to want to give that person a positive because I didn't have a positive experience with that buyer. I am just going to want to report them to eBay and block them from bidding on my auctions ever again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal