collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OMG they got my Venezuelan too! :(( - Update page 6!  (Read 14456 times)

Offline Avea2006

• Trade Count: (+136)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
OMG they got my Venezuelan too! :(( - Update page 6!
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:51:18 PM »
Customs ruined my MIB Venny too. Well at least her head wasn't wrapped up in tape, she's not quite as mangled as poor SoSilver's. They ripped both sides opening her box and the cardboard insert that held her 'standing up' in there is missing. They threw her comb and ribbon in the packing box thankfully but her 'Starshine' label is gone. They gouged her leg and broke open her neck glue seal to search for contraband I guess. And she is so disheveled and knotted I think they played toss with her after. :(

This has me really sad. The same pony just sold on ebay for half of what I paid, and now any value of her being 'MIB' is gone. This is the first pony I've bought in the past year.

:cloud:

Well at least she is beautiful. *sad sigh*

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:42:20 PM by Avea2006 »

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: OMG they got my Venezuelan too! :((
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »
I'm sorry it happend to you too  :( I feared this was going to happen to more buyers after I heared sosilvers story.
 edit to add - did customs do it or was venezuela police involved too?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:02:04 PM by tootie_tails »
-

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! :< super sad face.   I dont think i'll be buying anything from there for a looong time... even if i had the money!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Avea2006

• Trade Count: (+136)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
It was US customs this time. I'm Canadian though, so why US customs opened it I don't know. 

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 01:08:41 PM »
I'm so sorry that happened :( I totally get your sad feelings, you paid for her and now stupid customs ruined her! :( Why did they open her pack?

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 01:09:44 PM »
Poor Starshine! :( I'm so sorry you had to go through this as well!
Did they leave any sort of notice on it as to why? Or are all Venezuelan ponies now secretly drug ponies to them? :|
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 01:11:54 PM »
Weird.. it sems so random. I expected it to be either ven. customs or ven. police. But I guess any country customs may open to check for drugs when the package is coming from south america. But people didn't have this problem when they bought loose ponies from mercado libre, did they. I wonder why the packages contaning mibs seem more suspicious to them.
I'm sorry they ruined your purchase (sort of).  :huh: But at least the pony is safe and with you.
-

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 01:12:05 PM »
thats terrible im so sorry! Ive got a starshine on the way aswell, i really hope she doesnt get ruined :( x

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 01:16:38 PM »
maybe something in the plastic sets off the drug detector or something?
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Weird.. it sems so random. I expected it to be either ven. customs or ven. police. But I guess any country customs may open to check for drugs when the package is coming from south america. But people didn't have this problem when they bought loose ponies from mercado libre, did they. I wonder why the packages contaning mibs seem more suspicious to them.
I'm sorry they ruined your purchase (sort of).  :huh: But at least the pony is safe and with you.

It has to be connected to what they're seeing the cartels doing. That's the only thing that makes any sense to me. They cartels probably send toys in their original packaging to make it look like they couldn't have been tampered with, even though they were. So now every toy in its original package gets a red flag.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you, too :( It's just so sad to hear about these beautiful, revered ponies being treated like this. It might be time to put a community warning out regarding Venezuela and what's been happening, at least until this new tactic stops being used so aggressively. I don't even think using a private courier service would help, because all packages moving out of the country are subject to inspection. If anyone is in the middle of a transaction and/or you've already paid, it might be a good idea to have the seller hold onto any MIB pony until we get more information about what is going on, and when it will be over.

I will try to find out why they're targeting the toys. If this is happening on a large scale, there must be some Venezuelan news articles about it or something.

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
They cartels probably send toys in their original packaging to make it look like they couldn't have been tampered with, even though they were. So now every toy in its original package gets a red flag.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you, too visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 It's just so sad to hear about these beautiful, revered ponies being treated like this. It might be time to put a community warning out regarding Venezuela and what's been happening, at least until this new tactic stops being used so aggressively.

You are probably right.
And I agree about the warning.
It's extra unfortunate that it's the pioneer buyers that have been hit with this. Paying for the items when prices were at their highest only to receive them opened and handled carelessly.  >_< :cry:

-

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 01:40:34 PM »
Awh i am so sorry to hear that you have to go trough this like SoSilver  :(
It is really stupid why the customs have to be so harsh with the pacakges. Maybe you can sort sonething out with the US customs because your pony dropt isn't as much worth as before the terrorist the packages.
A lot of hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
That is just awful.  I'm so sorry this happened to you, it's just not fair!  Horrible.  Starshine is such an absolute beauty!  I'm so angry for you.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 01:53:40 PM »
Oh No!! Not again!!
I'm so sorry for you!!!

I hope things will work out for you!!

*Hugs*

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »
That sucks!!  You must have been so heartbroken, opening that box =(  She's still really cool though

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal