collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help identifying G4 MLP hair clips?  (Read 193 times)

Offline CrashieCorbashie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
Help identifying G4 MLP hair clips?
« on: May 14, 2022, 07:19:08 AM »
can y'all help me identify those hairclips? my pinkie pie broke and I was not able to fix her and I would therefore love to buy a new one, but I bought them second hand like 2 years ago and the person I bought them from cant be reached (judging by their profile name they got it from a thrift shop). I cannot find a single picture of them on the internet. the only thing written on them is 2019 hasbro. if you have any info please help
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying G4 MLP hair clips?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 02:58:59 PM »
I know a lot of various hair clips and barrettes came from an accessories shop called Claire's, and I know I have a set of metal shaped clips like that which are ALMOST identical, but use different vectors! So it may be that these came out more recently than the set I have, and I never saw them before? These would have been released right before the pandemic, and I got mine several years before that.

Claire's also has an "older" accessory store called Icing, which is angled towards older tween/teen girls, but that may show up in listings as well! I'd start scouring eBay for something like 'Claire's My Little pony metal hair clip' and see if you find anything!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 11:40:33 AM »
I haven’t seen these before, but I feel like they may have been some of the merch found in H&M and not the ones sent to Claire’s. But both are good places to start. <3

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 11:43:56 AM »
I don't recognize these! I've had H&M hair clips, but they weren't shaped like this. I'll keep an eye out when I'm looking around.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 12:00:49 PM »
Yeah I’m basing this on the fact that while I’m always looking in Claire’s hunting for pony stuff, I rarely got to find it in the H&M’s in my area. In fact my “home“ mall for many years didn’t even have a kid section in their H&M! But  I do have metal… Are these called banana clips or alligator clips? Like this style from H&M. But not stylized the same way, if I’m making any sense. Where the entire clip is encapsulated in the design, whereas most of the ones I’ve seen from Claire’s have a little plastic pony on the end with a hanging tail or such.

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal