collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Basic Fun Ponies, keeping them MIB or opening?  (Read 1867 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Fun Ponies, keeping them MIB or opening?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2022, 07:26:43 AM »
Oh man, I didn't know some of the ribbons could stain too :(

So... the scented Rainbows could discolour, Surprise's hair can stain, and the pink ribbons can stain too... are there any other issues w/ Basic Funs?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2022, 04:48:42 AM »
Oh man, I didn't know some of the ribbons could stain too :(

So... the scented Rainbows could discolour, Surprise's hair can stain, and the pink ribbons can stain too... are there any other issues w/ Basic Funs?

IDK if it's being kept in a box, or if it just happens to them naturally, but there seems to be an issue with some Gustys whose heads start yellowing, or going off-white, and it causes head-body mismatch. No clue how or why, but it happened to someone I follow on IG! She was very sad! I also imagine the second-year Rainbows could have a potential to stain, didn't they use that Surprise shade of yellow-green in their hair too? Or is that a thing? :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2022, 01:07:21 AM »
I wish I could buy a swimming pool full of these and just lie around in them. Unboxed! When is the next set coming?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline honor_h

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2022, 07:33:51 AM »
Unboxed! I've only got two though and I don't have room for boxes so I prefer to get ponies loose. I feel sorry for them trapped inside the boxes, even though it means righting off the value for my pension by unboxing(!).

Lovely Whizzer sig by Starscout
Fabulous avatar by Trinity

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2022, 09:37:35 AM »
I keep mine in their boxes because I like the box designs, and it helps keeping them distinct from my vintage ponies (I mean, not that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but I like how that clearly sets them apart). Also, I'm lazy :P
They take up a lot of room but I only buy the ones I particularly like. So far that's five ponies: Bubbles, Seashell (because those two have always eluded me), Gusty (an army pony), Surprise (got her together with Gusty, no reason except I couldn't resist the pristine white), and Stranger Things Applejack.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2022, 03:09:30 PM »
I have all my ponies unboxed now. I swear my pony room is even more super-scented. It smells mainly like pancakes and maple syrup even if its just supposed to be vanilla lol

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2022, 02:29:22 PM »
I've opened every one I've bought. Toys are playthings, not paintings.

Been doing that myself now. Honestly loving having them out. Do appreciate that they have a hoof that has Basic Fun stamped on the underside.  :) Zero chance of being able to mix them up with original ones that way.
I have all my ponies unboxed now. I swear my pony room is even more super-scented. It smells mainly like pancakes and maple syrup even if its just supposed to be vanilla lol

YES! It's funny how much the pony room has a pancake and maple syrup smell wafting around in there now. Didn't expect that. Nice that the smell is lessening some though because gracious was it overpowering at first. My allergies were not amused by it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal