collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Life Episode Discussion (Spoilers)  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Life Episode Discussion (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 11:49:28 PM »
It was entertaining! It felt a lot like a sped-up version of Teen Titans Go, which I guess they think is popular now. (It's popular, but it was also on the air for like 7 hours a day at its peak; it's hard NOT to have those kind of viewership numbers when it's all you show!) It was fun to watch! I laughed! I'll keep watching it, it's kind of like a fun sidebar of the pony universe!

That said, I rolled my eyes at the blatant 'we take potions now!' stuff. It felt like the shoehorned in train did in S2 of MLP:FiM! I guess they gotta sell toys somehow!
Spoiler
AND I LAUGHED SO HARD AT DISHWATER SLOG OMG.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 07:07:00 AM »
So should we officially call this G4.5? Because it definitely is a ".5" generation.

In the video descriptions for the trailers on YT they call it a “new G4.5 show”.

So I guess this is officially G4.5.

Huh, I guess that's that, then. Surprisingly straightforward!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 07:25:36 AM »
And maybe it's just me but the "haha the ponies have to eat a lot and now they're fat ;)" joke is kinda... weird? If you know what I mean...? :lol:
I think I saw some people on Twitter, erm, latching on to that.  ^^;
The art director did a QnA on Twitter, also.

She also said that the muted colors of the cast (I...couldn't actually tell that they were muted) was because they're from toys. And did mention the TTG comparison..."Our job was to create a show for modern kids to relate to" and said that TTG did not come to their minds until the internet comments came in.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2020, 05:19:01 AM »
I'm actually super pleased woth the art in this show. The designs really do lend themselves better to over the top comedy and cartoonyness. Not that the FiM designs looked any realistic but you know what I mean? They had a lot of weird cartoony stuff happening to the ponies like Pinkie's hair deflating like a balloon, eyes bulging out, Pinkie flying into the air... so I really don't care if she turns into confetti in this new show.
Taking everything to the extreme works better in that style, imo. Making Fluttershy huge or tiny depending on her mood is also a nice visual gag for me. We are not supposed to believe these are their superpowers now, it's just them being cartoons :lol:

I, too, thought it was weird there was no set-up for the potions and Potion Nova nowhere to be seen. Maybe it'll get explained later on? I noticed a lot of shows these days like to jump straight into action and background infos are provided much later into the season.

In general I disliked the first ep and liked the other three we've got so far just fine. I do watch the occasional TTG! and can safely say Pony Life is not like it. TTG! is very random, meanspirited and has a ton of hidden adult, parody and stoner humor. Pony Life is fast and loud but the core of FiM (slice of life lessons) is still there.

I do like AJ being the 4th wall breaker instead of Pinkie. AJ has been around since G1, she knows what's up ;)
It also gives her something to do instead of the later seasons of FiM where she was so tied to the farmlife/familylife stuff.

Final verdict: this show is harmless and does not destroy FiM or whatever people with no actual problems in life love to scream on the internet.

Online tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »
I've not caught up yet but I will tonight.
Rainbow Dash says Noice. Show of the year.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2020, 06:37:01 PM »
Rainbow Dash has got to be the best redesign. Wish her toy had hair like that. Not that I would buy it if it did :lol:
I actually find myself grinning at this quite a bit and the title cards are a nice addition.

Notice how they brought back the idea that the other animals can talk? That episode with the cat was fun and so was the one with Rarity's mindspace. But really, title cards! Title cards, ok? I love them.

Online tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2020, 06:46:44 PM »
Oh my gosh I love your new icon!
I haven't seen the newest episodes as of Sunday, but the Rarity one is my favorite thus far. I love the direction they're going with Fluttershy, lol.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2020, 09:09:01 PM »
These sound... okay, but I am so done with the FiM cast that I can't bring myself to watch this. FiM caused a degree of burnout in my that is just unfathomable, but I'm glad some members of our community are getting some fun out of these!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal