collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What happened to your childhood pony?  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: What happened to your childhood pony?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2020, 10:55:48 PM »
They are all lined up, happy and pretty on my pony shelf! Constantly amassing new friends. Lol! :P

I think other than that, only three ponies have ever left my childhood herd, and they went to my best friends at the time. :) Gingerbread, Morning Glory, & Baby Cuddles, but they were all duplicates.
(Okay, I think a G3 Pinkie Pie and Sew N Sew duplicate got customized once. Lol.) 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 02:17:35 AM by Esbayne »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2020, 02:15:28 AM »
These stories are all amazing- some of them are sad, some are happy, but all amazing!

And now I present to you the Saga of Glory.
Glory was my first pony, and will always be my favorite. When I went away to college, Glory went with me. When I went backpacking, winter camping, on a road trip, Glory went with me. Oh, the grand times we had! Then one fateful trip, we paddled out to Triangle Lake in northern Minnesota. Glory went along, of course, but when we got back to the car, she wasn't there. I just assumed she had ridden in a bag or been packed up with our other stuff, but no. She was gone. I went back to the island, I raided my friends camping boxes, I put an ad in the local newspaper.  (There was no internet, people. It was the 90's.)

On that same trip, assorted friends lost their glasses and their lantern. So this is how I imagine her new life- lugging the glasses and lantern along, going wherever she is needed. I've gotten a new Glory, but it just isn't the same. I guess the good thing is that I started taking different ponies on adventures, so now all the pictures aren't of just one pony, right?
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline MilkyDreams

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2020, 03:07:01 AM »
These stories are all amazing- some of them are sad, some are happy, but all amazing!
I agree! It seems like a lot of people still have a few childhood ponies, and a lot of people got them forcibly taken away.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2020, 07:55:05 AM »
I still have most of mine! I did sell off the ones that were in pretty bad shape though.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2020, 03:53:00 PM »
I'm thankful I still have my 8 brushables and Firefly plushie from then (guess I can attribute it to never leaving the nest). I've taken Glory and Bubbles with me to several of the pony cons I've gone to, but HarmonyCon back in February marked the first time I took all of them, and gave 4 of them an R/C car from the same era to ride around on (as part of my 80's Shining Armor cosplay) to the approval of many attendees.

On a sad note: The hotel where HarmonyCon and Nightmare Nights Dallas has been held since their beginnings has closed down due to financial problems amplified by the virus (it's too bad because the hotel setup was excellent for cons), so this was probably the last time any ponies grace that hotel. The con hasn't found a new venue yet.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 03:57:54 PM by lonewolf »

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2020, 04:21:13 PM »
Still have 'em, minus some accessories that got lost along the way. About 50 ponies, the Perfume Palace, and Paradise Estate, as well as a few of the smaller "playsets." My mom is a pack rat who never made me get rid of anything, and when I did start selling as an adult, nothing pony ever left.

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2020, 05:44:06 PM »
I still have the first pony I ever received when I was 4 yrs old. Now a worn, faded, yellowed Baby Sweet Stuff with frizzy hair, a forelock cut, and it's symbols and part of it's eye rubbed off. I have all my other childhood ponies as well. Flower Bouquet, ballerina baby sweet steps, Posy, Nightglider, Glittering Gem, Sunglider (I lost when I was 10 somehow), Daddy Apple Delight, and baby Glory, plus Lil' litters and petite ponies (many of those got lost, I dropped one bunny down a storm drain). Some boys gave me a beat up Highflyer, my mom later threw out. My collection exploded when I started buying as a teen and got my younger sisters in on it. We played with our collection until me and my sister went to college, my youngest sisters were 12. :D Mine are all now in a bin under my bed, though my 3yr old daughter steals any that make it out of the bin (even though she has her own), so Nightglider and custom bait Flower Bouquet are in her room atm.

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2020, 03:40:17 AM »
A few have been lost to time or sold, but I still have most of them. Just found my childhood Heart Throb recently, boy does she need a spa day...

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2020, 04:29:01 AM »
I still have mine :)
G2 Ivy (magic motion)  was my first ever. I uh... broke her mechanism back in the day (I wanted freedom of head-turning!) and she lost both her eye gems. A real veteran xD
She's the nestor of my herd!

I think I have all my childhood ponies still, never upgraded them, I think :)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2020, 06:52:21 AM »
Mine are still with me, together with my sister's ponies and some shared ones which I adopted when I started collecting - a herd of around ten G1 ponies altogether. ^.^ I can't remember which one of them was my very first but I think it must've been either Sports-Time or Pony Bride.

We also had some G2 ponies (they were mostly my sister's ponies, I only had one) but we decided to sell them - a decision I regret now because they were all complete with their accessories! Well, I'm sure they went to good homes and at least we gave other collectors a chance to enjoy them.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2020, 11:23:43 AM »
All my G1s were given away when I was about 11 and we were mid-move. Still deeply regret it, obviously!

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline SwiftStar84

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2020, 03:15:22 PM »
She's still with me. My first was a rather poor condition Peachy that my grandma found for me at a yard sale. She sits away and above all the others in a special place so I always see her when I go into my room.
PROUD MY LITTLE PONY DADDY! I LOVE ALL GENS OF MLP!
Seeking Mia and Me Unicorns(the big ones) and Fantasy Filly Princess Kayla and Shayna!

Offline StillandSilent

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2020, 05:38:15 PM »
Some are with me, some are not.   If anyone out there has a near mint Woosie with her name very neatly written on her stomach, I will pay very well for her to come home!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2020, 11:53:35 PM »
I have three of my childhood herd. No idea what became of the rest: they were supposed to be with those 3 in the three boxes that we had kept stored until there would be space to display them, but they just weren't. The shock and heartache of opening those boxes and finding them missing was enormous.

I have now replaced them all, except for SA Windy. She is way out of my price range. Funnily enough I remember getting her so clearly: I was really disappointed at first because she wasnt a 'proper' My Little Pony.

However, on the other hand, I now have ponies that I desperately wanted as a child, like Medley.

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2020, 03:39:27 PM »
As I didn't have any, nothing!

My daughter (age 18) still has hers.  Her collection is comprised of all Gens.

My son (age 16) also has his.  He only collects the blind bag sized G3 and G4's.

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal